Christmas Gift Ideas for Men
When it comes to gift-giving, what do you get that hard-to-get man in your life? What could you get him that would be unique and really appreciated?
I actually think men are easy to buy for if you just give it a little thought. What does he gaze at longingly in the store? What brings out the little boy in him?
Fundamentally, men want the same thing as women; just to be acknowledged, appreciated, and pampered just a little. Find a way to package that and you've won their heart.
Below you'll find a list of a few gift ideas for the man on your list. The items below are in no particular order. Be sure to check out the links below for more ideas.
Gadgets and More Gadgets
Men absolutely love gadgets! A good rule of thumb is if it has “cordless” in the description he’ll probably love it!
- Car cleaning gadgets and accessories
- BBQ Grill gadgetry
- Specialty tools for the handyman
- Specialty flashlights
- Fishing gadgets and lures
Jewelry, Watches, Knives & Swords
Some men like jewelry more than others. If you're planning to buy him jewelry make sure you have a pretty good idea of his likes and dislikes.
- Chains (be careful of the length) Men have larger necks.
- Watches (Check for the latest styles and trends). Wrist watches and pocket watches
Yes, Men Like Massages Too
Spa treatments and massages are popular indulgences these days and they’re not just for women. There are a variety of places that offer spa or massage services for men. Shop around and customize a package just right for the man in your life.
Mowing or Lawn Services
Some people love doing yard work, but for the man who doesn’t., consider hiring a lawn service to do the work for him. They are cheaper than you think. I took bids and the most expense one was almost three times the cost of the cheapest one, so they do vary greatly.
- "How To" or instructional videos on all sorts of home improvement projects, auto restoration, fishing, hunting, etc.
- Boxed sets of his favorite TV programs or classic movies
There are so many options available today for giving the gift of music. You have:
- IPods (and ITunes gift cards)
- Satellite radio subscriptions
- CDs of his favortie artists
- Check to see if his favorite artist(s) has a music DVD out
- Check to see if his favorite artist is touring and buy tickets. Even if you're not interested in going with him, you can give him two tickets so that he can take his brother or best friend for a guys night out.
Every man has something he would enjoy to see or do 'live'. See if any of these options sound like 'him'. Buy him tickets.
- Texas Hold'em or Poker Tournament
- Golf Tournament
- Casino gambling trip
- Nascar or drag racing
- Tractor Pull
- Monster Truck Rally
- Custom Car Show
- Wrestling Match
- Comedy tour
- Sporting events (basketball, baseball, football, soccer, tennis, archery, etc)
- Hunting Expedition
- Fishing Tournament
- Driving Experience
Small Items for Him
Restaurant gift cards: For those days when she doesn't feel like cooking, or maybe she's busy running errands, give her a variety of restaurant gift cards.
Specialty store gift cards: Give him gift cards to book stores, coffee houses, fishing stores, gas stations, sporting goods stores, etc.
Small items: Key chains, picture frames, cell phone case, cologne/aftershave samples, scratch-off lottery tickets, etc.
Magazine subscriptions: There are a variety of magazines that would be of interest to men such as hunting, fishing, camping, hobby crafts, wood crafting, classic auto restoration, etc.
Gifts of Encouragement
Chances are, he has revealed some secret ambition to you. Encourage him. Some examples are:
- Maybe he's mentioned going back to school. Get the class schedule from the local colleges; offer to pay for a few classes.
- Maybe he's always wanted to write. Introduce him to HubPages. It's a great place to practice and get feedback. Encourage him to take a Creative Writing course.
- There are tons of hobbies he may be interested in. Look for classes for him to take. Hobbies such as photography, archery, fly fishing; fly-tying, gun safety, etc. can be found at almost every junior college.
More Gift Ideas for Men
- Gift Cards Make Great Gifts by KCC Big Country
It seems that every person has at least one person on their gift list that they have no idea what to get them. You know the type. Either they have everything they ever wanted or they are incredibly...
- Driving Experiences Make Great Gifts by KCC Big Country
"I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel." by Maya Angelou I think this is also true about Christmas gift...
- A Look at 15 Items, Some to Buy Him and Some NOT to Buy Him
A funny look inside the mind of man.
More by this Author
Need some great stocking stuffer ideas? You've come to the right place for ideas for everyone on your Christmas list!
Provided are a few gift ideas for the woman in your life that seems to have everything. You might just find inspiration for that really unique gift for her.
A fascinating look at Beatrice Wood, the woman James Cameron modeled Rose Dewitt Bukater Calvert after in the movie "Titanic".