Christmas Pub Quiz and Interesting Trivia
Fun and Easy Christmas Quizzes via instant download
It's that festive time of year and I've just put up the Christmas tree and rewarded myself with a beer.
I'm sat here typing this article listening to Christmas carols sung by church choir's singing such classics as Away In A Manger, Once In Royal David City and Silent Night, lovely.
So let's test your Christmas General Knowledge a little and to finish I will give you some weird and wonderful facts about this festive time of year.
1. In Frosty the Snowman, who brought Frosty back to life?
2. What is the biggest selling Christmas single of all time?
3. Can you name the three reindeer whose names begin with a "D"?
4. In what city did Miracle on 34th Street take place?
5. What colour is the Grinch?
6. What holiday drink contains sugar, milk, and eggs?
7. What carol contains the word "Fa-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la"?
8. What did Rudolph never get to join in?
9. Are Reindeer Really Deer?
10. What is the Spanish for Happy Christmas?
11. What is another name, or the original name, for Christmas Pudding?
12. What is traditionally placed atop the pudding for decoration?
13. In a traditional mince pie, which ingredient would make it unsuitable for vegetarians?
14. What colour is Father Christmas' belt?
15. In Mickey's Christmas Carol, which cartoon character played Ebenezer Scrooge?
16. What did “Frosty the Snowman” have for a nose?
17. What carol wants a figgy pudding?
18. How does Scrooge improve Cratchit's life the day after Christmas?
19. What is the most popular decoration atop the Christmas tree?
20. Elvis Presley recorded what sad Xmas song in the fifties?
How Many Questions Did You Get Right?
Please choose roughly how many you got rightSee results without voting
Christmas Quiz Answers
1. Santa Claus
2. White Christmas
3. Dasher, Donder (or Donner), Dancer
4. New York
7. Deck the Halls
8. Reindeer games
10. Feliz Navidad
11. Plum Pudding
15. Scrooge McDuck
16. A Button
17. We Wish You a Merry Christmas
18. He gives him a raise
20. Blue Christmas
Christmas Movie Scenes
Can you name the films from these festive scenes?
What else do you know about these films?
21. Bad Santa
22. Edward Scissorhands
23. Lethal Weapon
24. Miracle On 34th Street
25. The Snowman
26. It's A Wonderful Life
27. Trading Places
28. White Christmas
29. Mickey's Christmas Carol
The True Meaning Of Christmas
Weird and Wonderful Christmas Facts
There are three stages in a mans life..
1. He believes in Santa Claus.
2. He doesn't believe in Santa Claus.
3. He IS Santa Claus!
Did you know?
Five people were injured last year in accidents involving out of control Scalextric cars?
Mistletoe is from the Anglo-Saxon word misteltan, which means “little dung twig”. A berry should be removed with each kiss for luck, when there are no more berries there should be no more kisses under the little dung twig!
Santa would have to travel many times faster than the speed of light to deliver presents to every child on Earth.
Christmas crackers were invented in 1846 by baker Tom Smith from London who got the inspiration from the way sweets were wrapped.
Eighteen people had serious burns in 1998 trying on a new jumper with a lit cigarette in their mouth.
One in three men will wait until Christmas eve to finish off their shopping, me included!
People spend more time shopping on-line than they do on the high street.
The letter “X” in Greek is the first letter of Christ which is where we get the abbreviation “Xmas”.
Three people die each year testing if a 9v battery works on their tongue.
Nineteen people have died in the last 3 years believing that Christmas decorations were chocolate!
All the gifts in the song the Twelve Days of Christmas would equal 364 gifts and my true love would have to spend £15,000 to buy them all.
The Spanish have two Christmas mascots that poop! Children are encouraged to beat Caga Tío (The pooping Christmas log) until it poops sweets or chocolate.
I've saved my favourite Christmas facts for last
7 out of 10 dogs get a Christmas gift, more than half will have a Christmas carol sung to them and 1 in 3 will have their picture taken with Santa, bless.
I hope you enjoyed this festive Xmas quiz and if you fancy putting on a quiz night either in your pub or even at home then I've made two down-loadable quiz packs which you can get here: Christmas Quiz
More by this Author
A Dingbat is taking an every day saying and representing it with a cypher of words or pictures, see if you can work out what films these picture dingbats represent.
Quiz number 2, this fun quiz is quite easy and filled with interesting trivia and fun videos. See how clever you are.
Not just brain teasers puzzles and riddles, this article has interesting facts about our brains and how to keep your brain fit and healthy.
No comments yet.