Christmas Songs to Get You in the Christmas Mood
Nothing puts me in the Christmas spirit, or a festive mood, quicker than listening to Christmas music. There are so many wonderful Christmas songs performed by a variety of talented artists. There are traditional carols as well as modern songs that are non-religious and centered around a celebration theme.
I thought it would be fun to assemble all my Christmas favorites and share them with you just in case you're wanting to get into the Christmas spirit.
When I sat down to begin this project, this list was going to include my top ten Christmas songs. I knew I'd be able to easily come up with ten.
I soon realized I couldn't limit it to just ten.
So, I decided to make it my top twenty list of favorite Christmas songs.
I found I couldn't do that either. There are just too many songs that I like and Christmas wouldn't be the same without hearing them at least once.
So, here is KCC's top 20+ Christmas songs.
KCC's Top 20+ Favorite Christmas Songs
In no particular order, this is my list of songs:
- "Last Christmas" by George Michael & Wham
- "Hey Santa" by Wilson Phillips
- "All I Want For Christmas is You" by Vince Vance & The Valiants
- "Santa Claus is Watching You" by Ray Stevens
- "Santa Baby" by Eartha Kitt
- "Holly Jolly Christmas" by Burl Ives
- "Pretty Paper" by Willie Nelson
- "Christmas Eve/Sarajevo 12/24" by Trans-Siberian Orchestra
- "Baby, It's Cold Outside" by Dean Martin
- "Santa Claus is Coming to Town" by Bruce Springsteen
- "Where Are You Christmas?" by Faith Hill
- "Let It Snow" by Kenny G
- "O Holy Night" by Martina McBride
- "Little Drummer Boy" by Bing Crosby & David Bowie
- "Mary, Did You Know?" by Kenny Rogers & Wynonna Judd
- "Hard Candy Christmas" by Dolly Parton
- "I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus" by Michael Jackson/The Jackson 5
- "Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree" by Brenda Lee
- "Blue Christmas" by Elvis Presley
- "White Christmas" by Bing Crosby
- "Baby Please Come Home" by U2
- "The Christmas Song" by Nat King Cole
"Last Christmas" by George Michael/Wham
"Hey Santa" by Wilson Phillips
"All I Want for Christmas is You" by Vince Vance & the Valiants
"Santa Claus is Watching You" by Ray Stevens
"Santa Baby" by Eartha Kitt
"Holly Jolly Christmas" by Burl Ives
"Christmas Eve/Sarajevo 12/24" by Transiberian Orchestra
"Baby, It's Cold Outside" by Dean Martin
"Santa Claus is Coming to Town" by Bruce Springsteen
"Where Are You Christmas?" by Faith Hill
"Let it Snow" by Kenny G
"O Holy Night" by Martina McBride
"Little Drummer Boy" by BIng Crosby & David Bowie
"Mary Did You Know?" by Kenny Rogers & Wynonna Judd
"Hard Candy Christmas" by Dolly Parton
"I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus" by Michael Jackson and The Jackson 5
"Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree" by Brenda Lee
"Blue Christmas" by Elvis Presley
"White Christmas" by Bing Crosby
"Baby Please Come Home" by U2
"The Christmas Song" by Nat King Cole
- "More Stories Behind the Best-Loved Songs of Christmas" by Ace Collins
- Christmas Songs
- Sing-A-Long Christmas Carols
Xmas Fun is dedicated to the child in all of us. Fun for all ages. Christmas songs, jokes, games, stories, downloads, etc. Lots of Christmas fun!
More Christmas-Related Hubs by KCC Big Country
- Great Recipes for Thanksgiving and Christmas
It's that time of year when we're invited to Thanksgiving dinners, Christmas parties and holiday celebrations. Are you tired of taking the same old thing? Do you want something simple you can whip up in...
- Gift Ideas for Women
Gifts for Her (Photo Credit: Wikimedia Commons) Christmas is nearing. What do you get for all those women on your gift list? You don't want to get them the same worn out gifts. It's time to think...
- Gift Ideas for Men
Christmas Gift Ideas for Him (Photo Credit: Wikimedia Commons) Christmas is just around the corner. What do you get that hard-to-get man in your life? You may even have several men to buy for. What...
- Stocking Stuffer Ideas for the Whole Family
Christmas stockings should be filled with things that make the recipient squeal with delight on Christmas morning. I appreciate "tradition" but I like creating my own traditions. Stockings were always hung...
- Gift Cards Make Great Gifts
It seems that every person has at least one person on their gift list that they have no idea what to get them. You know the type. Either they have everything they ever wanted or they are incredibly...
- Christmas Decorating with Christmas Wall Switch Plates
With Christmas just around the corner, many people begin to climb up into the attic Thanksgiving weekend and pull down all of the Christmas decorations. There's a decorating idea that many of you have...
- An Organized Christmas Begins NOW
Did you know there are websites to help you plan and organize your Christmas holidays? Guess when the organized begin getting ready for Christmas? September 1st is when they recommend you begin getting...
- Driving Experiences Make Great Gifts
"I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel." by Maya Angelou I think this is also true about Christmas gift...
- Christmas Card Holder
Any day now you'll be getting your first Christmas card. Where are you going to display it? Do you a special holder for your Christmas cards? When I was growing up, we lived in a very small house and there...
- Best Christmas Lights in Texas
37th Street in Austin, Texas Christmas light displays are abundant around Texas from neighborhoods that create their own magical wonderland to huge commercial displays with millions of lights set to music....
- Christmas Decorating with Outdoor LED Christmas Lights
I remember when I was a child, around mid November my mother would dig out her boxes of outdoor Christmas lights. She had strands and strands of colored strings of lights and yes, like most people, they...
More by this Author
Christmas is nearing and we're beginning to see signs of it everywhere. City workers are draping greenery interwoven with big red bows and gold and silver ornaments around every lamppost and sign all around town. ...
Provided are a few gift ideas for the woman in your life that seems to have everything. You might just find inspiration for that really unique gift for her.
Driving around looking at beautiful Christmas light displays is a fun pastime in Texas. This is a directory of some of the best.