Christmas Wishes, Quotes and Poems for Friends
Sending Friends Some Christmas Cheer
You have to spend time with family at Christmas time, but you get to send your friends Christmas cards. In your Christmas card, you get to write a fun and friendly Christmas wish of your choice. Your options for what type of message you want to write are wide open. This page will take you through some of those options to help you decide what to write.
Here are a few different ways you can approach your task:
- Write a standard message wishing your friends a merry Christmas and filling them in on any updates about you and/or your family.
- Write a quote, song lyrics, or Bible verse that suits the occasion and your personal taste.
- Write a poem or some other creative way of expressing the meaning of the season and the significance of your friendship. Other creative ideas include drawing a cartoon, writing some jokes, or writing a story.
Decide what type of message you want to send, and then read through the examples below to put it all together.
Christmas Wishes for Friends
- May the holiday season warm your heart the way your friendship warms mine all year!
- Be naughty or be nice. Either way, I'm wishing you a Merry Christmas.
- What I am most grateful for this Christmas are my great friends like you. You are already the perfect gift!
- You could never give me a better Christmas gift than our friendship. I am confident that I'll continue to get that gift this year.
- You know; I know; and Santa knows; you're my favorite person to be naughty with. We both deserve coal this year!
- Christmas is a time of giving and celebrating. These are two things I enjoy doing with my friends all year!
- You warm my heart like a hot cup of cocoa! Merry Christmas, friend!
- May your home be filled with the important things this Christmas! May my home be filled with the important things also. Friends like you are what I'm wishing for and grateful for this year!
- Santa will never be as good of a friend as you. He's only around once a year. I'll stick with good friends like you! Merry Christmas!
- With friends like you, I will not have to feel lonely on Christmas. Thanks for being a great companion and Merry Christmas!
- Don't forget to get me something amazing for Christmas. You're the friend whom I can always depend to get me something extra nice.
- Thank you for showing me, this year, what a true friendship is. I wish you a very merry Christmas.
Christmas Poems for Friends
Writing your own poem may not be the easiest thing to do, but the words come a lot more easily once you get started. These are some examples of simple little poems that could be included in a Christmas card for Friends. Use these as examples, and then write something even better!
Cold Weather Friend -Blake Flannery
Lights are aglow
Reflecting on the snow
My heart is full
and insulated like wool
You are my friend
Who withstands the wind
Poured From My Heart -Blake Flannery
Christmas is the most wonderful time
To tell friends like you how important you are
Even if every line doesn't perfectly rhyme
This sincere poem was poured from my heart
Christmas Quotes, Sayings, and Phrases for Friends
These are a few fun quotes for friends' Christmas cards:
- "Unless we make Christmas an occasion to share our blessings, all the snow in Alaska won't make it 'white'." -Bing Crosby
- "A lovely thing about Christmas is that it's compulsory, like a thunderstorm, and we all go through it together." -Garrison Keillor
- "Mail your packages early so the post office can lose them in time for Christmas." -Johnny Carson
These are some original sayings specifically about friends and Christmas time:
- "Without friends and family, Christmas would be the loneliest time of the year"
- "Christmas is the time of the year we all have to take time from hanging out with our friends to endure our family."
- "The best gift a friend can give on Christmas is their friendship for the entire next year"
Christmas Notes for Friends
Below are examples of longer notes that can be written in cards for friends. These are mostly generic enough to send to all your friends, but you may want to add a little bit of personal details to each of your different friends.
- I hope that you are having a merry little Christmas with your wonderful family. This year, we have created a handful of amazing memories together, which I will cherish in my heart forever. I can’t wait to see what new adventures we opt to undertake this following year. In the meantime, enjoy the delicious holiday food and all the other festivities.
- I can’t wait to see you so that we can exchange gifts. Until then, I hope you are enjoying the last days we have left of this year. I hope you have a very merry Christmas!
- We are in the most wonderful time of the year. We give thanks to God for being healthy, being loved, and for having the most wonderful friends in the world. Merry Christmas to your family and you!
- This year has been full of wonderful blessings, such as having your friendship. I have learned so much from you. You have been an inspiration in this year of constant ups and downs. Thank you for being my friend. I hope your Christmas is full of joy!
- I hope that your family is doing well this Christmas season. Our friendship has survived a lot of different things this year, but it is still strong. I hope that you have a merry Christmas.
- On Christmas day, I'll have three wishes: that I receive a lot of amazing gifts that aren't socks, that I have the opportunity of eating a lot of tasty dishes, and that I have the opportunity of being in your company. Thank you for being such a great friend to me. Merry Christmas to you!
- Christmas Card Messages: What to Write in a Christma...
These examples of Christmas card wishes will give you ideas to make your holiday card extra special. Modify these Christmas messages for your custom card.
- Holiday Card Messages - - Christmas and New Years Gr...
These are examples of what to write in a Christmas or New Years card. Send a sincere or a funny holiday greeting card message with these ideas.
How Many Christmas Cards do You Get?
Roughly how many cards do you usually get from friends and family for Christmas?See results without voting
How many Christmas Cards do You Send
Roughly how many cards do you usually send to friends and family for Christmas?See results without voting
More by this Author
- EDITOR'S CHOICE3
Use these examples of baby congratulations messages to help you figure out what to write to the new or expecting parents. Pregnancy congratulations wording is also included.
Recovering from a surgery can be a lot more fun when you get a great get well cards from friends and family. Use these sincere and funny get well wishes for a friend or loved one undergoing surgery.
- EDITOR'S CHOICE16
Sympathy card messages can be difficult to write. These are many examples of sympathy messages for a loss. Use these to help you comfort and encourage a grieving person.
No comments yet.