Christmas gifts for Musicians
For those about to rock...Santa salutes you
Ok, let's cut to the chase, you don't want to give your long haired, head banging nephew a bottle of wine for fears of another deviled egg juggling stunt.
A nice dress shirt for a musician gift MIGHT get used to wipe dust off the gear.
More likely it will only collect dust, in the closet next to those shoes, games, and magazine subscriptions that have been past attempts at finding the perfect gift for a musician.
If we are talking about gift ideas for musicians, money is definitely out!
Get your favorite musician a gift that is useful.
If you want to get a great gift for a musician that will actually get used, and keep your budget, here is the ultimate wish list of things that a musician will never admit to needing. Or more likely, will never remember needing until they need it.
Musician Gift Ideas under $10
- Guitar strings, drum sticks, cords, picks, guitar straps - These gifts are also musician necessities and are always needed to be replaced! Ask what brands, styles and sizes they are using and get a replacement. Online can be cheaper then the local music store but watch out for high shipping costs!
- Gift Cards - Musicians are always on the go and often broke so a gift card to gas stations or fast food restaurants are sure to be favorite gift for Christmas or anytime.
- Socks, food, and other necessities - Yes, I said socks. Always helpful, and often neglected by busy musicians, socks make a great Christmas gift idea for a musician.
- Favorite Candy or treat - The average musician doesn't spend enough money on the sweeter things in life. Candy makes a great gift idea.
Musician Gift Ideas between $10 and $40
- Educational Books or
DVDs - In music there is no end to learning so this w
skill level from beginner to expert. Look for favorite artists or
genres, either on the web or at any music instrument store.
or metronome - A tuner for a guitarist or bass player will always get
used, they always end up breaking. A metronome plays a steady beat to
improve any musicians rhythm, a great gift idea for a student of any instrument!
- Lessons - A couple lessons from a live instructor can be super beneficial and can open whole new doors to a student. It can also break the ice between a young musician and an instructor, leading to continued lessons.
- Online Lessons - If your not sure if live lessons are a good idea, or they are not convenient then online lessons can be a great alternative.
- T-shirts - A favorite band shirt can be a comfort blanket to anyone that loves music. Useful as well!
- Concert tickets - Be careful, just because your musician likes rock and roll doesn't mean he wants Lincoln Park tickets for a Christmas gift.
- Magazine Subscriptions - If you have a musician that loves to read then get them a subscription to a magazine taylored to their specific instrument.
Musician Gift Ideas between $40 and $100
- Instrument tune ups. Just like a car, instruments need to be tuned up occasionally. Check with a local music shop for prices because they may be more then $100 in some cases.
- Parts - Many instrument have a rough life, a great Christmas gift idea for musicians is to replace some of the parts on their instrument. Maybe it is a mouthpiece for a trumpet or a new pick up for a guitar. New drum heads would be great idea for a drummer's gift.
- Gift Cards - A great gift idea at any price range! At this price range consider a favorite clothing store.
- Automobile Service - No one likes changing their oil but often times musicians neither have the time or the money to get servicing done. Most garages offer either gift cards or gift vouchers.
Musician Gift Ideas over $100
- Guitars, drums, and other instrument can be a dream gift for any musician.
- Band camp for musicians can be a great idea for younger students. Even older student would really enjoy a day clinic with a pro musician.
- A great gift for a successful musician is to donate to their favorite charity as a Christmas gift.
More by this Author
A great band name can make or break a band. You should create a band name that represents your band, is easy to remember, easy to say, invokes intrigue and of course it should be original. Not a small task but this...