Comfortable Halloween Costume ideas 2012 - Tips for Making Simple Costumes in Home
Simple And Comfortable Halloween Costume Ideas
1) Old plain ghost: Take a white sheet and cut out holes for eyes. Let it be short so that it won’t trip you. There should also be a slit for the mouth. Put eye shadow and lashes around the eyes. Put lipstick on the mouth. You could also attach a beard or moustache. If you want to look a little fancy you can use some thing besides a sheet.
2) Pirate costume: Here is the idea for a comfortable pirate costume that can be made from the items available at home.
- Black pants
- White shirt with long sleeve
- Black vest
- Red scarf
- Safety pins
- White puffy paint
How to wear the costume:
Cut the pants using scissors up to knee length. Cut the bottom of the sleeves on the white shirt in elbow length and add some long rips to the front, back and sleeves of the shirt. Keep the black vest on a flat surface with the back facing up. Using the puff paint, draw a large skull and crossbones on the back of the vest. Allow it to dry. Place the shirt inside the vest. Do it using a pin or stitch it. Then try the red scarf around the waist.
3) Giant eye: It is a great Halloween costume for those who want a simple and a comfortable costume for a show.
- Black sweatshirt
- Black sweatpants
- White fabric paint
- Black puff paint
- Red puff paint
Draw and fill in a large white eye shape on the front of the black sweatshirt using the white fabric paint. Allow to dry. Draw and fill in an iris shape in the center of the eye using the red puff paint. Allow to dry. Use the black puff paint to draw a pupil in the center of the iris. Allow to dry. Use the red puff paint to draw some red squiggly lines coming out of the center of the eye to make it look like bloodshot.
2012 Sexy Halloween Costume Ideas for Women
Halloween Costume Ideas
Spooky Halloween Costume Ideas
1) Hell boy Costume:
- Black Shirt
- Black Pants
- Long Tan Rain Coat (or overcoat if you have it)
- Black thick soled shoes
- Wide Brown Belt (or tan)
- Old Olive or Brown left hand glove
- Old Right Hand Hockey Glove
- Bald Cap (or Swimming cap)
- 2 empty juice containers or 2 large corks cut in half
- Fake Black Hair
- Red Face Paint Makeup
- Red Dye/Paint
- Darker Red Paint
Instructions: Cut the fingers and thumb off the left hand glove below the 2nd knuckle. Paint or dye the cap and the hockey glove red. Cut in a circle 3/4" to 1" up from the bottom of the empty juice containers or cut the corks in half and use the large ends to make the two horns. Paint these with darker red paint. Glue the hair onto the cap where it should go and trim if necessary. Carefully glue the dry horns onto the front of the cap. You might want to stuff the juice lid horns with paper towel or anything that would help give it firmness but still keep it light. Do not place on your head until glue is dry. Using the red face makeup, cover your face, neck, left fingers and thumb. Get dressed in shirt, pants, shoes, belt and coat. Put on cap. Put on gloves. You're ready to rock! Add accessories to belt as wanted (fake plastic horseshoe, round red buckle, etc.)
2) A Scary costume: Use scissors to cut clothing that is in good condition to make it look old or ratty. Wash the garments after you cut them so that the edges of the cut don't look fresh. Add any adornments needed for the costume with a hot glue gun or paint on details with fabric paint.
A grim reaper outfit needs tattered edges, which you can accomplish with scissors, while zombie clothing should be shredded in many places. You can find special effects paint at a craft store that glitters or glows in the dark, making it easy to paint bones on a black outfit for the skeleton costume.
Finish your look with scary makeup. Use dark blue, purple or gray eye shadow to create dark under-eye circles or bruises on your skin. Mix up a concoction of corn syrup with dashes of water and food colouring to make homemade blood that drips just like the real thing. Smear fake blood or makeup on your costume to make it appear bloody or dirty.
(You can also buy your spooky witch costumes at amazon.com.)
2012 Top Teen Halloween Costume Ideas
Funny Halloween Costume
Cereal Killer: Make a funny costume using boxes from your kitchen. Dress the boy in all black. Use several empty cereal boxes from your cabinet and glue to the shirt on the front and back. Cut small slits in the boxes and glue plastic knives or broken knife handles into the slits. Make fake blood from red dye and clear syrup to make it appear as if the boxes are bleeding. The more boxes, the better.
Tips & Warnings
- If you can't find the items you need at home, take a trip to a Goodwill or Salvation Army store. They often have interesting clothing, especially items like formal or specialty wear. Check out their accessories too, as often they have a wide selection of hats, vests and masks.
- Ill-fitting clothing or masks can pose a safety hazard to see or move freely. Make sure that clothing fits well, and use mask in order to prevent tripping, falling or limited field of vision. Add small strips of reflective tape to the back or sides of your costume to make them more visible at night.
Do not put glue, or glue hair directly onto your skin! For such things, follow professional makeup applications.
I think these ideas will work for you. Try to add your own imagination and use different materials to make it better.
More by this Author
The actresses who are multi talented can be in the list of Top ten lists of Hollywood actresses according to me. Every thing should be considered like beauty, language, dance, speech , sexy...
Sania Mirza: the name itself is more than enough to provoke the religious fanatics of India. Sania is a sports personality who didn’t get the acclaim she deserved. It’s true that India honored her with one...
Internet is too much popular in the world now. Everyone likes to use internet so why not children likes. For every age person, there are many things available in the internet. Through surfing internet, you can know many...
No comments yet.