Trick or Treat? Try this Halloween Costume Trick for Laughs This Halloween
Trick or treat...Smell my feet...Give me something good to eat
Who says Halloween tricks have to be limited to the people passing out the candy?
One of the creepiest Halloween tricks I ever played wasn't even scary. It just caught people off guard so much that they were startled and then creeped out. Here's what we did:
I made a decoy kid in a Halloween costume, but instead of a real child, I stuffed my son's Disney Tigger costume full of newspaper, then placed a foam jack-o-lantern where my son's head would be, and then placed a light source inside the jack-o-lantern. (Don't use a real pumpkin. You will have trouble keeping things together). Then I walked around pushing my decoy child in an umbrella stroller.
People looking at the stroller don't usually notice the pumpkin head in the Halloween costume, since it's a fairly subtle switcheroonie. So when they do notice, they are startled, and sometimes really creeped out. It helps if you have a family with a toddler that size, and first walk around for a while with your toddler in the stroller, then switch to your fake kid.
You will need:
- A baby stroller (a small umbrella stroller is preferable)
- A small foam jack-o-lantern that is about the size of a small child's head
- A 12-month sized toddler halloween costume including a hood
- A pair of child-sized boots
- A source of light (such as a glowstick)
- Optional: It would be helpful if you have a small toddler and a duplicate Halloween costume, but that is only if you're a serious trickster.
- Optional: If you live in a colder climate, a snug jacket for your fake toddler may be a nice touch.
- Using the picture below as your guide, stuff newspaper inside the costume.
- Place a glow stick or small flashlight inside the foam jack-o-lantern. Make sure the light source doesn't need a plug, because you're going mobile!
- Place the foam jack-o-lantern inside the hood of the costume.
- Stuff the children's boots inside the legs of the costume, and use packing tape to secure the costume to the boots if necessary.
- Set your fake child inside your stroller.
Halloween Costumes on Amazon
More by this Author
The key to a successful birthday party at any child's age is to remember that the goal is to make that child feel special while helping guests to have a good time, too. As simple as this assertion is, making it happen...
Here are several tutu costume ideas for Halloween or any costume ball, including not only princess costumes, fairy costumes, and angel costumes, but also a turkey, swan, and a flying pig!
- EDITOR'S CHOICE31
Art of the American West has become increasingly popular as an influential genre during the last century. Charles Marion Russell, George Catlin, Albert Bierstadt, Thomas Moran, and Frederick Remington are arguably the...