DIY-Christmas Card Ideas
Christmas is a special time for me, it's Jesus' birthday and Christmas is about Jesus. It's about to give and share love. Most Christian people in my country will celebrate Christmas in their Churches, offices, schools, and houses. Actually, I have celebrated Christmas twice this month and it's not Dec 25 yet. First, in my daughter's Sunday's school and the second one was in her kindergarten school, with all parents and teachers. We really had a great time. And I still wait for the celebration in my own church.
Beside all the celebrations, prays, and worships. Some people used to prepare gifts and Christmas cards. Of course you may send a Christmas greeting with e-mails, e-cards, or send SMS, MMS, etc but a Christmas card is still a special touch. I'm not such a crafty person and I used to buy those cards, but for some people, making their own homemade Christmas cards is a wonderful pleasure.
A week ago I made a few Christmas cards by my own for my daughter's little friends, and I love it. I just draw a simple dalmatian dog on a folded card stock and cut it, and you will have Christmas cards with dalmatian's shape and asked my daughter for the coloring. She loved it and her little fellows were so thrilled too.
Christmas songs with Korean singers Rain and Jang Nara
For people who really love and enjoy making homemade Christmas Cards, here are some DIY Christmas Card ideas :
1. Draw your own cards. If you love drawing, you may draw the Christmas characters or symbols on a piece of card stock, like snowman (the simple one), flower wreaths, candles with flowers and bows, bells, or any characters you love. Fold the card and write the Christmas messages in it. You may ask your kid for the coloring parts. Children will love it.
2. Print the cards. There are many free printable Christmas cards websites which offer you many great Christmas pictures. You may also print the Christmas cards with photo covers, funny Christmas characters, and many more.
3. Christmas cards with ribbon Christmas tree, just cut green paper ribbon and arrange them as a Christmas tree on a piece of paper. Add a red or golden bow as ornament.
4. Paper quilling Christmas cards, you may decorate your cards with paper quilling. You can make many characters with paper quilling, like flowers, butterfly, snowman, Santa, deer, star, and many more. But you need a few equipments here, like needle tool or toothpick, quilling circle ruler, some glue, colorful papers and a lot of creativity
For Christmas, you may choose holy leaf and star shape, or use different variations of the shape.
Christmas Rubber Stamps
5. Rubber stamping. If you love stamping and have many collections of stamp, why not make some beautiful Christmas cards with those stamps? Rubber stamps will make a great Christmas cards.
There are so many options when it comes to rubber stamping Christmas cards, you may use one main stamp as main image or repeat a smaller stamp or use two different stamps. Try different colors on your stamps and have a great Christmas cards making.
6. Paper punch Christmas Cards. This is the most simple and easy Christmas cards making. Try with simple and small size of card, I like a simple and sophisticated card with star or flower shape paper punch using festive paper.
7. You can use Christmas stickers for your cards. There are many Christmas stickers from one word like "Joy" and "Celebrate" to different kind of Christmas' shapes like candy cones, Christmas trees, etc.
8. Decorate your Christmas cards with buttons. Most households usually have used-buttons and we can decorate our Christmas cards using those buttons. Add some ribbons to make your cards more sweet.
9. Felt Christmas Cards. You may draw or print out many Christmas Characters onto the felt and cut out. Glue the Christmas character to the card. Decorate it according to your own style.
10. Re-use the old cards to make a new Christmas card.
Felt Christmas CardsClick thumbnail to view full-size
Before you decide to make your own Christmas Cards, there are several things to consider.
1. Time. It depends on how fast you make a single card, but you have to prepare your time. A month or two weeks before Christmas are good enough to start your card-making.
2. How many cards you'd like to make and for who. Just for your family members, kids, friends, or for your colleagues. They will determine the quality and design of your cards.
You have to use high quality card if you'd like to make Christmas cards for company or any other official institutions.
3. Choose the theme. My daughter's kindergarten use traditional red and green with gold trimmings for their Christmas theme. So, I chose to use same colors for my cards.
4. Consider to make personal card. It's another way to impress our recipient and show them that they are special for you.
5. Consider the cost. Is it possible to reduce the cost and use old Christmas cards, or buy in bulks online to get the better price-offer, you decide.
Have a great Christmas this year everybody. Merry Christmas.
CELINE DION - SO THIS IS CHRISTMAS
DIY Christmas Cards and Crafts
Related Christmas Hubs
- Christmas Homemade Table Decorations
It's time to decorate the table for Christmas feast. Does not have to be fancy and exclusive, we could use our old stuffs like vase, table-cloth, etc. Just put some new approach and ideas like experiment...
- Christmas Yard Decorations on a Budget
On this economic downturn to have a yard full of gorgeous Christmas decorations seem pretty hard. It's hard maybe, but it is not impossible. The Christmas yard decoration is one of special thing you could do...
- Christmas in Indonesia
Christmas or Natal in my language is the day when Jesus Christ was born. For me, Christ is not just a Wise-man, a Phrophet, Guru, a Healer, a Good Guy, etc For me, Christ is The Lord God, my private Messiah,...
- Unique Christmas Wreath Ideas
We used to hang a beautiful Christmas wreath in the door at Christmas time to welcome the guests. Some said that the origin of Christmas wreath was from the crown of thorns placed on Jesus' head that was made...
More by this Author
Indonesia has many tribes. I am serious, there are hundreds of tribes and thousands of sub-tribes. Very rich in cultures and traditions. Like me, if someone ask me : What tribe are you ? I prefer to answer I'm a Java...
We used to hang a beautiful Christmas wreath in the door at Christmas time to welcome the guests. Some said that the origin of Christmas wreath was from the crown of thorns placed on Jesus' head that was made from the...
"If I walk, I hope my footsteps won't be erased just like that... I want many other footsteps will follow mine !" Anne Avantie What is Kebaya ? Kebaya is a traditional blouse worn by Indonesian and Malaysian...