Delicious Pumpkin Cheesecake Recipe for Thanksgiving!
It's almost Thanksgiving! Time to start planning your menu and guest list. If you're anything like my family you probably have lots of people and lots of food. In my house we tend to have several desserts. My favorite is my mom's Pumpkin Cheesecake. A true autumn delight. I wait all year long for this delectable dish and am always satisfied come Thanksgiving.
In this hub I'll share with you the basic recipe for delicious Pumpkin Cheesecake. I can't give you my mom's recipe but I can give you the gist of how you make this dessert. Your family will adore this tasty dish. I'm telling you, if you like cheesecake you'll love pumpkin cheesecake. Forget the pumpkin pie, make a pumpkin cheesecake this year!
I recommend baking your cheesecake the night before Thanksgiving. The cooling is the longest part of the recipe. It's a common mistake for people baking cheesecake for the first time to start it only a few hours before they intend to serve it. Cheesecake is all about cooling. So be cool, start the night before.
Prep Time: 20 Min.
Total Time: 55 Min.
Here's What You'll Need For The Crust:
- 1 Cup of graham cracker crumbs
- 1 Tbsp of sugar
- 1/4 Cup of butter, melted
And What You'll Need For The Filling:
- 2 Packages of cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 Cup of sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Can of solid-pack pumpkin
- 1 1/4 Tsp of ground cinnamon
- 1/2 Tsp of ground ginger
- 1/2 Tsp of ground nutmeg
- 1/4 Tsp of salt
Finally, What You'll Need For The Optional Topping:
- 2 Cups of sour cream
- 2 Tbsp of sugar
- 1 Tsp of vanilla extract
- 12 to 16 pecan halves
For More Thanksgiving Recipes
- Thanksgiving Recipe Hubs
This is a catalog of my Delicious Thanksgiving Recipe hubs.
Directions For Making Pumpkin Cheesecake
So Here's What You Have To Do:
- Combine the graham cracker crumbs, sugar and and butter in a small bowl.
- Press the mixture into a 9 inch springform pan.
- Beat the cream cheese and sugar in a small bowl until smooth.
- Beat in eggs until combined with mixture.
- Stir in the pumpkin, spices and salt.
- Pour mixture into the now chilled crust.
Now For The Baking
- Place the pan on a baking sheet.
- Bake at 350° F for 50 minutes.
Meanwhile, Work On The Topping (Optional)
- Combine the sour cream, sugar and vanilla extract until it's smooth.
- Spread over the filling.
- Now return the cake to the oven for five minutes.
Now Cool It And Serve
- Cool for 10 minutes.
- Gently run a knife around the edge of the pan to loosen the cake.
- Cool for one hour longer.
- Refrigerate the cake overnight.
- Remove the sides of the pan.
- Place a pecan half on each slice when you serve.
Now, enjoy your Pumpkin Cheesecake with your family! Happy Thanksgiving!
Skylar Spring © copyright 2011
More by this Author
Here are some fun trivia facts about Halloween. Create party games or just impress your friends with your random knowledge of Halloween.
In this hub you'll find more great thanksgiving treats for the kids. Make this thanksgiving delicious and memborable.
Getting close to your due date? Getting nervous about childbirth? How's a mom-to-be know when she's going into labor or not? Check out this article to find out some of the symptoms that will let you know that you're...