How to Make Easter Bunny Cupcakes Coloring and Candies
I remember sitting at my Grandmothers table anxiously waiting for the cupcakes to come out of the oven. Separate bowls sat on-top of the table. One had M&Ms, one with licorice, the other with sprinkles. Grandma would be coloring the icing, one blue for boy bunnies and pink for girls.
The memories of making Bunny Cupcakes with my siblings and Grandmother I hold deep within my heart. I now make bunnies with my children. They light up knowing they are about to create their very own edible bunny just as I once did.
It is not as hard as you would think to make Bunny Cupcakes, there is no artistic characteristics or skills needed. Just the supplies and a great attitude is all you need to start this wonderful tradition in your own home.
- Cake mix. Any kind will do. Vanilla, Chocolate or Red Velvet- the choice is yours!
- Frosting. You can make your own or buy in a container. Personally, I buy Betty Crocker Whipped Fluffy White and color with food dye.
- Food Dye- if you want your bunnies to be colored. Otherwise chocolate or vanilla is fine. I buy blue and pink coloring.
- Black candy sprinkles
- M&M candy
- Large Marshmallows
- Cupcake liners
How to Make Cupcakes
- Make cake in cupcake pan as directed
- Once cooled, frost the cupcake with icing. If colored icing is preferred,add drops of food dye to icing until preferred color appears.
- Spoon a scoop of icing, colored or not onto the top of iced cupcake, this will represent the bunnies face.
- Use the marshmallows for ears. Take 1 large marshmallow and cut it to appear like an ear. You can also do this without cutting by molding it with your fingers. Place them at the top of the bunnies face.
- Place M&Ms on for eyes and nose, the color choice is yours.
- Black sprinkles are used for whiskers
This is an easy and fun recipe for anyone to do. Feel free to change the candies used to your own liking. Such as; the whiskers could be made from licorice. Or the eyes could be gum drops or sweet tarts. Ears could be cookies or nuts. The options are endless. Play with it and make it your own!
If your celebrating Easter at school, work or jwith the family- make Easter Bunny Cupcakes and they are sure to be the hit!
More by this Author
PMDD is a crippling disorder that happens once a month. Much like PMS, it is predictable. You know it’s coming. However, the severity of it is new each month. I suffer from PMDD. A typical day of experiencing...
In Edward's syndrome there is an extra chromosome-18 (trisomy-18). It is a very serious abnormality that leads to severe mental and growth retardation,
Plum Island is a place the Government is trying to hide. The secrets within are your right!
No comments yet.