Easter Basket Ideas for Teenagers : Teens Would Love to Have These Things in Their Baskets!
Easter Basket Ideas for Teens
When putting together an Easter basket for a teenager, most parents probably would just fill it with candy and send them on their way. Do you really want to capture their attention, though? Giving them an Easter basket full of goodies they would find ‘cool’ and actually use might make them think twice about rolling their eyes at you (okay—at least for one day!).
Below is a list of items and gifts that teenagers would love to see in an Easter basket. I have even included some useful baskets that can be reused and repurposed once the holiday is over.
Easter Baskets for Teens
Do you still give your teen a basket for Easter?See results without voting
Try a Different Kind of Basket This Year That Can Be Reused or Re-purposed!
Chevron Easter Basket
The Easter Basket for a Teenager
Just like I would for younger children, I would create functional and practical Easter baskets for the teenagers. I would start with a small-ish plastic or woven basket that later can be used as a storage container for CDs, DVDs, or other teenage-approved items.
The container, whatever you choose, could match the teenager’s room or just be a funky (yep, I said funky) patterned storage container, like the black and white striped basket I bought in the picture to the right.
Before you choose your basket, you first must decide with what you're going to fill it for Easter. Below are some great ideas for teens!
Things a Teenager Would Love to See in a Basket!
Here are some ideas for goodies to fill those baskets for teenagers:
- · iTunes gift cards--Do they have an iPod? Give them a gift card to pick out their music!
- · Cell phone covers--Want to pay for a new phone when the old one is scratched or cracked? Find a cover, like a rubber one, that will save the day.
- · Tickets to movies, sporting events, concerts--Will you go with them or let them take a friend? Keep that in mind.
- · Video game or accessory--This is a no brainer for most teens. Make sure you're buying for the right video game console.
- · DVDs--Perhaps it's time to update the collection from SpongeBob and Phineas and Ferb.
- · Popular teen novels--Oh, there are so many to choose from! You could go the normal route of vampires and werewolves, but there are a plethora of great young adult novels out there. I hear the Hunger Games are great novels...
- · Small sports gear (baseball glove, mouth guard…)--Wouldn't hurt to protect those teeth, would it?
- · Nintendo 3DS--A very, very popular gaming system right now.
- · iPod--A must if you are going to buy an iTunes gift card, of course.
- · Reusable water bottle-- Save the environment from all of that plastic and get your teen to drink more water! It's a win-win!
- · Gum--Help them to freshen their breath, but remind them that they still need to brush twice a day!
- · Gifts from popular TV shows/movies (Glee, etc.)--T-Shirts, hats, notebooks, pencils, posters..You can find something, I'm sure...
- · Photo frames--They can use these to decorate their rooms. It can rest on top of the mound of clothes in the corner, but golly it'll make the room nice! ;)
- · Sunglasses--They need to be at least semi-close to a designer pair or the teens won't wear them.
- · Homemade coupons (1 extra hour past curfew, extra time with computer/video games, extra time on phone…)--Simple and perfect.
Hunger Games Movies
For the Teen Girls
Buying for a girl? Here are some ideas for female teenagers:
- · Nail polish
- · Small clutch
- · Perfume
- · Hair products
- · Jewelry
Nail Art Vinyl Decals
- Unique Nail Art
Teens can do their own nail art using these nail decals!
For the Teen Boys
And for the young gentlemen:
- · Sports memorabilia
- · Hair products
- · Cologne
- · Wallet
- · Graphic t-shirts
Marvel Avengers Shirt
More Ideas: Easter Baskets for Toddlers and Babies
- Easter Basket Goodies and Ideas for Toddlers and Babies
Looking for sugar-free alternatives for your baby or toddler's Easter basket?
For the teenaged drivers (yikes!)
If you’re the lucky parent of a teenaged driver, here are some ideas:
- · Roadside emergency kit
- · Membership to a roadside assistance service
- · Key chains
For the Artistic Teen
For a creative teen:
- · Personalized pens/pencils
- · Craft kits
- · Gift card to craft store
- · Disposable camera
- · Decorative flash drive (for storing pictures, writing samples)
Candy for Easter Baskets for Teens
Finally, if you’re going to add the sugar, try these:
- · Pop Rocks
- · Airheads
- · Fun Dip
- · Personalized M&Ms
- · Gummy Bears
- · Candy Jewelry
- · BeanBoozled (Jelly Belly Mixed Flavors…for the brave)
- · Pez Candy
Jelly Belly Jelly Beans
You Can Do It! Teens Are Easy to Buy For...Maybe...
Not so bad. Of course it all depends on your budget and your teen (and sometimes the full moon), but it is possible. Who knows? Maybe you’ll actually catch a glimpse of the smile that used to be on their face in their younger years.
Long Story Short...
1. Small, functional, decorative plastic or woven basket
2. Teenaged appropriate/approved items
3. One less eye-rolling
4. Lots of smiles
More by this Author
Here are some helpful tips to help you survive Christmas, from buying gifts to cleaning up after all the fun is over.
- 19Easter Basket Ideas for Toddlers and Babies: Goodies to Put in Their Baskets That are Sugarless and Fun!
Easter basket ideas for toddlers and young children: Here is a list of fun and sugarless things to put in kids' Easter baskets!
Am I pregnant? How early can I take a pregnancy test? When can I take a pregnancy test? Find out about pregnancy tests and the best time to take one if you are trying to have a baby.