Easter Egg Coloring
The Perfect Colored Eggs
All Natural Easter Eggs
I love the fact you can go straight to your kitchen to find what you need to dye your Easter eggs without spending another dime.
To color these eggs, you boil the eggs with a selected item according to what color you would like to have your egg. Most people boil the eggs separately let them cool then dye them. This method you color the eggs while they cook.
1. Put raw eggs in a pan single layer is best for good results. Cover the eggs with cold water not hot. This way the eggs are slowly brought to a boil helping to make peeling later easier.
2. Add one Tablespoon of white vinegar to your water.
3. Add your all natural material according to what color you want your eggs to be-SEE LIST BELOW.
4. Bring your water to a good boil
5. Once your water boils turn it down & let it simmer for 20 minutes.
6. To check your eggs for color use a spoon with holes lift one egg & if the color is what you want remove them from the burner & let cool.
7. Let the eggs cool in your water for 15 minutes.
8. Drain, wipe down and place eggs in your egg carton to cool off in the refrigerator.
9. If you want a darker color place the eggs covered completely with the dye liquid in a glass container & let cool while soaking in the fridge. If you want half the egg to be darker then drain dye to cover only half the egg.
10. You can leave the eggs over night if you wish. Remove the eggs rinse with cool water let dry in your egg carton.
* Things you can add for a different colors & great effect:
* a leaf to your egg with a stocking or pantyhose tied around it to secure the leaf & when they are done the leaf keeps the dye from penetrating that spot leaving the leaf pattern behind.
* Add cooking oil to your water to make a marbled look
* Tie the egg in cheese cloth for a textured look
* Put rubber bands around your eggs for a neat striped effect
Try these foods to dye your eggs different colors:
Try anything new you might think would work great for coloring your eggs:
Red or Pink color=red onion skins, cranberry juice, or frozen raspberries.
Orange =Yellow onion skins
Brown =Red beets with skins on or grape juice, black tea or coffee.
Yellow = orange or lemon peels, Saffron, turmeric, cumin or celery seed.
Green= spinach leaves or carrot tops
Yellow green=Delicious apples with Spinach
Blue= Red cabbage
Deep Purple =Red wine or blackberries
Hard Boiled Eggs
How to Hard Boil the Perfect Egg
Click edit above to add content to this empty capsule.
1. Buy your eggs at least a few days in advance to ensure they will be easy to peel. I do not know why this tip work but it does none the less. If you boil them right away & they are very fresh they will usually stick to the shells badly.
2. Place eggs in a saucepan & cover eggs with cold water about 1/4 inch above the eggs.
3. Add 4 tablespoons of salt to the water.
4. Put the burner on high and bring the eggs to a boil. As soon as the water starts to boil, reduce the heat to low. Boil eggs for 15-20 minutes
5. Cool eggs in a strainer with cold water
6. Break the shell up by lightly by tapping it on a hard surface then Peel your eggs when cooled.
This is a fun Recipe Everyone Loves it
Boil as many eggs as you will be needing for the appropriate number of people. Refer to the prefect boiled egg above.
Beautiful Hard Boiled Eggs
Prepare your hard boiled eggs see recipe above.
Peel eggs & place them in a jar of pickled beat juice.
Leave your eggs there for up to 3 or 4 days to a week for the best color.
Slice them lengthwise or in quarters serve.
This is a beautiful way to bring bright colors into your hors d'oeuvres.
You can also place your peeled eggs in pickle juice for a great flavor. Try adding another color like blue or yellow orange or even green. Have some fun with the incredible edible egg.
Great Recipes for Left Over Easter Eggs
- Leftover Easter Eggs
Article and recipes for hard-boiled eggs, leftover Easter eggs and how to dye Easter eggs
- Leftover Easter Eggs Recipes like Brunch Egg Salad or Eggs Benedict Bread Pudding Recipes
Leftover Easter Eggs Recipes like Brunch Egg Salad or Eggs Benedict Bread Pudding Recipes
More by this Author
Although gardening is only one of My Passions. It is up in the top categories. I have many hobbies, I also love companion planting. I love to take a bare area in my yard and make it beautiful or more interesting....
If nothing else I could only hope to empower & inspire those who feel hopeless to know they are not alone and there are some things you can do on your own to help.
Staph Infection left unchecked can be very Serious and even fatal. Here are a few tips on how to care for a staph infection and a brief explanation of what staph is