Egyptian recipes: Egyptian Easter Pie
My easter pies
Tips on colouring eggs naturally
I like to play. One of the funny things I like to do since a was a little child is colouirng eggs in Easter. Here are some tips for using natural things to colour eggs, and a vdeo is here also to show you other tips.
- To get a bluish purple colour, you need to boil some Hibiscus leaves in water for 2 mniutes.
- To get yellow colour Boil onion skin in water for 20 minute.
- To get green colour mince parsely and boil it n water for 20 minutes.
- To get brown colour, boil tea for 5 minutes.
You can cook eggs in the coloured water separately for 10 minutes then let them cool down. You can then arrange them in a basket.
To prepare a pie you need
1 kg "2 pounds" flour
2 tbsp yeast
3/4 cup warm water
2 tbsp granulated sugar
1/2 cup tbsp sugar and 1 egg for decoration
300g (3/4 pound) butter at room temp
4 tbsp oil
1/2 cup milk
- Stir yeast and warm water "Not hot" and 1 tsp sugar
- In a mixer put flour, oil and milk. mix them slowly for a while then add some salt.
- Add the 8 eggs one by one till you put them all
- Now add pieces of butter and keep mixing
- Pour dissolved yeast and keep mixing
- You can add more flour if it's loose
- Leave the dough in a bowl and cover it for 30 minutes
- Cut the dough into small pieces and shape it into bunnies or any other shape you like
- decorate with coloured boiled eggs
- Beat the egg and brush the pies then put some sugar on top
- Bake in 330o F for 30 minutes
If you need tips and tricks for cooking and using eggs go this hubpage.
More by this Author
I like tasty food, where ever it comes from. I like some Indian recipes and deserts, I have an Indian friend who's very clever and a real good cooker. She taught me some recipes. I also enjoy all French Yummy deserts. I...
Hi everybody! Before you start reading this hub I want you to write your feed back on this hub after reading it, whatever the feed back is, I accept criticism but it should be reasonable. Before I vote any hub down I...
Baron Empain palace is one of the wonders that are found in Egypt. Many stories about ghosts' deeds in the palace. Who is Baron Empain? Why did he choose Egypt for his palace. Are the ghost stories are real?