Easy Father's Day Pop Up Card for Kids to Make
Are you currently staying with your dad?See results without voting
Why celebrate Father's Day?
Father's Day is a celebration to honor fathers and celebrating fatherhood, father bonds and the leadership of a father in a family. A father symbolize the head of the family whose responsibilities are to lead his family, unite family members in times of chaos, makes the important decisions on behalf of his family, to feed his family by providing food and paying for the monthly expenses.
A father holds the role of the sole breadwinner of the family, who had to work hard to earn a living for the sake of the family. Besides that, a father has to build the father bond with his children, give them insightful advice and pass his knowledge to his children and the future generation.
Father's Day is celebrated on 17th June yearly, the third Sunday in the month of June, throughout the world.
Although Father's Day is not as popular as Mother's Day in terms of celebrating in a grand way, such as bouquet of flowers, box of chocolates, dining in fancy restaurants with special Mother's Day menu packages; we should let our dad know that he is important in our lives in our own unique methods.
Hubs Related to Father's Day
- Father's Day Present ( Gift )- Handmade Bookmark
I love handmade gifts. Making them are easy especially when you use all the left over materials in hand. Recycle the papers, wrappers and old buttons are the best method. This handmade bookmark requires ribbon, color papers and markers. I am sure you
- How Do You Celebrate Father's Day
Most father prefer to stay at home or have simple dinner at moderate restaurant compare to fancy, high class restaurant. Fathers are simple men with not much request.
What I planned to give my dad on Father's Day
Since dad is usually busy with work everyday, let us give dad a surprise card on his off day ( if Sunday is your dad's off day ).
My dad is in his early 70's. He has retired from work for a long time.
His daily job at home is to keep the house spick and span, does the daily laundry, does the cooking and takes a good care of my half paralyse mother who had suffered from stroke.
Every one or two weeks, I would visit my parents whenever I am free. Frankly speaking, it pains my heart whenever I see how tired are his old bones and his haggard sagged face due to all the chores he had to carry on his shoulders.
Hence, I planned to give him my handmade Father's Day Card and a handmade gift for him on this special day.
My dad doesn't like when I spend money on buying gifts or cards on any special occasion. By recycling things at home and reuse left-over materials should make him happy since he had mentioned not to waste money. This is the best way to show dad my love and appreciation for all his effort and love he had showered towards our family.
You too should express your love, gratitude and appreciation through this unique handmade card. Give it a go and let me know what you think.
Buy this Flower Punch for your card making
I have never bought a punch before. I usually print out flower outlines and cut them out but this is a chore.
So, I decided to buy Friskas Flower Punch and was delighted with the speed of delivery. I don't mind of the size, some people complained about 1.7" instead of 2" but it fits well with my Father's Day card.
The cuttings are sharp and clear, no zigzag problems.
I could use it for any 70g-120g color papers for all my craft projects. If you use a thick card, aim properly and punch it real hard with your palm, it will surely get through.
Wonderful craft tool to speed up my cutting chore and worth the price.
Things you need:
Color construction papers
color marker pens
double sided tape
How to make Pop Up Card for Father's Day
- Measure the yellow paper 21cm x 16cm
- Use a pencil and ruler to draw out the measurement.
- Then use a penknife to cut along the lines.
- Fold the yellow paper into half. This is the front card.
- Measure orange paper 6cm x 14cm, a rectangular shape.
- Use a penknife to cut along the lines.
- Apply glue at the back of the orange paper and paste it at the bottom of the front card.
How to make flowers shape for the front card
- Use any circle shape object to trace out 3 circles on the left over yellow paper.
- Cut out 3 circles.
- Draw 3 flower shapes on left over pink paper and cut them out.
- Leave aside for later use.
Paste the flower shapes and write "HAPPY FATHER's DAY"
- Apply some glue at the back of 3 yellow circles.
- Paste the circles neatly on top of the orange paper.
- Apply some glue at the back of 3 pink flower shape papers.
- Paste each of the flower on top of each yellow circles.
- Use a marker pen to dot around the yellow circles.
- Use another color marker that you like to write "HAPPY" on the 1st flower, "Father's" on the 2nd flower - write with creativity and "DAY!" on the 3rd flower.
How to add ribbon
- Cut a strip of ribbon with the same vertical length of the front card.
- Use a penknife to cut a small slit at the top right hand corner of the orange paper and another slit at the top left hand corner.
- Starting from your left, insert the ribbon through the slit opening, under the front card. ( as photo shown )
- Pull up the ribbon and insert the ribbon into the right hand slit opening, going down. ( as photo shown)
- Apply a little glue at the back of the ribbon and paste the ribbon firmly on top the orange paper.
- Smooth it out with your hands.
- Apply a small piece of double-sided tape at the ends of both ribbons.
- Seal them up behind the front card.
How to make inside Pop Up Card
- Measure the white card 20cm x 14cm.
- Use the pencil and ruler tod raw the lines.
- Use a penknife to cut along the lines.
- Fold the white card into half.
- Turn the crease folded side towards you.
- From your left hand side, use a ruler and a pencil to make a marking at 5cm.
- Make another marking at 10cm.
- Draw straight lines at the markings , roughly 1 inch.
- Use the penknife to cut 1 inch slit at both markings
How to Push in:
- Use your index finger to push in the small cuttings.
- Fold down the white card.
- You will see a small gap in the middle of the card.
- That is the pop-up facing inside the card.
HHow to paste both front and inside card together
- Paste double-sided tape on all 4 sides of the inside card ( the white card ), both top and bottom , as photo shown.
- Start from the bottom. Paste the bottom white card onto the yellow paper.
- Then, close down the top yellow paper on to the top white card
- Smooth out the card with your hands.
Pop-up part: #1
- Use a black marker to draw " # 1 "or anything that you like on a small piece of white card ( use left-over ones )
- You can use Wordpad or print out cartoon images from free websites that are free such as Freeiconsdownload.com or webweaver.com
- Color it with markers.
- Cut out the " # 1 ".
- Apply two small piece of double-sided tape at the back of the image
- Paste it onto the pop-up part, inside the card
- Be sure the the image does not "block" the crease folded card. Otherwise, it will be hard for the recipient to open or close the card.
Father's Day Quotes
Now that you have finished your Father's Day card project, it is time to write something inside the card, right? I believe most of us are not good at expressing ourselves in words when we see our dad face to face. We have lots of things to say but don't know where to start from or how to say. Hence, Father's day quotes are the best alternative to help us out during this sticky situation. Many of these quotes are insightful, just the right words that hit the nail.
Top 15 Father's Day Quotes
- A father is a banker provided by nature." -- French Proverb
- I cannot think of any need in childhood as strong as the need for a father's protection." -- Sigmund Freud
- Any man can be a Father but it takes someone special to be a dad." -- Anne Geddes
- Fathers, like mothers, are not born. Men grow into fathers - and fathering is a very important stage in their development." -- David M. Gottesman
- My father didn't tell me how to live; he lived, and let me watch him do it." -- Clarence Budington Kelland
- Sometimes the poorest man leaves his children the richest inheritance." -- Ruth E. Renkel
- My father gave me the greatest gift anyone could give another person, he believed in me! ~ Jim Valvano
- The greatest thing a father can do to his children , is to love their mother! ~ Anjaneth Garcia Untalan
- A truly rich man is one whose children run into his arms when his hands are empty." -- Unknown
- A father is always making his baby into a little woman. And when she is a woman he turns her back again. ~Enid Bagnold
- It is not flesh and blood but the heart which makes us fathers and sons. ~Johann Schi
- A father carries pictures where his money used to be. ~Author Unknown
- Dad, you're someone to look up to no matter how tall I've grown. ~Author Unknown
- Old as she was, she still missed her daddy sometimes. ~Gloria Naylor
- Love matches, so called, have illusion for their father and need for their mother." -- Friedrich Nietzch
Final Look of my Handmade Father's Day Pop Up Card with the Quote
Your Dad IS Going To LOVE This!
© 2012 peachy
More by this Author
Valewntine's Day quotes help many people to show their feelings easily. Best of all, you don't have to burn the midnight oil, writing out poems or love letters to your love ones.
Make this year Mother's Day a special day by making your own handmade gifts for your mom. Handmade Paper Rose Flower is easy and can last all year. It is inexpensive and lovely too.
Toddlers and kids love to imitate other kids and parents behaviors. Repeating and mimicking everything is their learning ability, curiosity to learn evrything they want to know