Festive Halloween Bathroom Decorations
Any Room Can Be Festive
When it comes to decorating your home for the holidays there is one room that tends to get overlooked very often; the bathroom! This one seems almost like taboo really, because the bathroom is a bit of a private room that already has all the decor it needs, right? Nope; WRONG!
Do you ever have company over? The looks on their faces alone would be enough to invest in a little bit of Halloween fun for that private little room. And if you get a scream out of them, or even just a little yelp, you will be victorious in the bathroom Halloween scare department. **Cue exciting music**
There really is no reason to not add a bit of festive decor to this room especially since you do spend time in there, and making it a bit more festive can put you in better "spirits"! (Yeah, see what I did there?!)
One of the best parts of decorating like this, is that if you ever do have guests over, they will, first probably freak out, but then they will love your sense of humor, as long as they have one themselves.
It's believed that some people are actually afraid of seeing other people's restrooms. You just never know what you're going to run into. It could be dirty, with a toilet bowl that appears to have never been cleaned, or worse; not flushed! It could have mold growing in the sink, cat litter with hard little chunks laying all over the place, dirty underwear in the floor for everyone to see. When the room is festive, however, it is a complete relief. (After that screaming and freaking out part, at least).
Below are some really cute decorations that you can use to spruce up your bathroom. Don't be afraid to go a little crazy with it either; make it fun, make it spooky, make it yours!
Kinda Awesome Really!
Don't Leave Out That Guest Bathroom
Decorating a guest bathroom in a festive Halloween, (or any holiday) manner, is a great way to make your guests feel more comfortable.
Have you ever been to someone else's home on an extended stay, perhaps just overnight, and felt completely out of place?
Most of the time we decorate our homes to suit our needs, and that works great, but if you plan to have guests over, especially if they will be staying any amount of time, it's a great idea to "neutralize" the areas that they will be inhabiting so that they don't feel like they are just treading on someone else's territory.
Throw in some holiday decorations that give that neutralized look and feel for the areas they will be in and around. If nothing else, it is a good conversation starter and enables everyone to feel a little more comfortable, and happy.
It lightens the mood and shows your personality to be pleasant and fun. Who wouldn't enjoy seeing their personal restroom for their stay set up in an interesting way? It makes them feel important.
The best part? Halloween decorations can be put up and used again and again. Mix and match, change out anything you like, and come up with your own interesting ideas to use, and watch as the comments, and compliments, come flying in!
Bathroom Halloween Decorations
Do you decorate your bathrooms during Halloween, or do you leave them as they are?See results without voting
Things you Have to Have
Some say it isn't a party until someone either screams or pukes, depending on the people you hang around with; it could be either.
Honestly, if you're going to really, honestly, decorate your bathroom, here are some essentials that you will really have to have to pull it off; regardless of which theme you go with.
These are the essentials, the non-essential ideas will follow below. Just remember that holidays are meant to be fun, they are meant to be celebrated, and if you love Halloween, you can likely find any excuse to pitch in a little extra to do up the bathrooms.
- Matching toilet lid cover and rug set - This just adds a little extra oomph to the overall look and feel of the room.
- A Shower Curtain - Didn't think you would get away without that one did you? It is quite possibly the most important thing you will by for the bathroom, and that's true; decor or not!
- Bathtub Stickers - No, not real stickers, these have suction to them, so that they stay, in place, but can come right back up if you need them.
Those are pretty much the essentials of your Halloween themed bathroom, but a few more fun ideas could be:
The Non-Essentials (But still super fun):
- Colored lights - By this, I mean use Halloween colored bulbs for the actual light or lights in the room. The orange string of Christmas type lights are also a great choice as well.
- Mirror and/or wall stickers - Much like the bathtub stickers listed above, there are decorations that only stick until you want to take them down. So, if it fits your theme, go with it!
- Candles- Candles have, and likely always will be, always been a favorite for Halloween. They are inexpensive and add just the right amount of decor to anything they are used with.
- Candy buckets - Putting a festive candy bucket up on the counter, sink, or even the back of the toilet just screams Halloween. Putting candy or other goodies in them is completely optional, as candy could attract insects and such, but some little dolls, theme colored yarn or other Halloween-like of decoration would work perfectly.
- Carved pumpkins and/or gourds - Much like the candy bucket above, this optional piece is great indoors for a week or so, and they are fantastic outside as well. Just a cute and small touch
- Window decals - There are window decals that are very much like the stickers mentioned earlier. They stick on your window until you're ready to take them off. Then you simply peel them away from the glass and put them up until next Halloween.
This is all optional of course, but it does make it a really fun and interesting room to be in.
No matter whether you are having company over or not, bathroom decorations are still a very fun project. Some people really enjoy decorating their whole home; inside and out. Plus, there is a lot of really great and creative bathroom decorations out there. A simple Google search can show you that.
So, whether you want to scare the heebie jeebies out of someone, or you just want a festive appeal for an over-looked room, consider the options in this article, and make up your own as you go. Just have fun, the way the holiday is intended to be.
More by this Author
Asperger's has created a new era. While most ailments are somewhat treatable in this day and age, Asperger's sufferers can expect to be tossed around from one doctor to the next, with no relief.
Share Your Favorite Decorative Bathroom Ideas
No comments yet.