Gift Ideas for First Wedding Anniversary
Traditional Paper Roses
Surprise! Mystery flight tickets or magazines
Be Creative, Give Something Memorable!
Everybody loves receiving gifts but not everyone thinks to buy for a wedding anniversary.
- You do not need to spend a lot of money.
- You can make it fun for the receiver as well as the giver.
- It is a thoughtful way to remember one of the most important events in a couples life.
The FIRST Wedding Anniversary is traditionally PAPER with modern being PLASTIC
I received a bundle of goodies the day before my wedding anniversary from my best friend who had been a bridesmaid They included a newspaper from the day we were married that also contained the wedding announcement, a small bunch of paper flowers, and croissants from the local bakery in a brown paper bag. A thoughtful yet inexpensive gift.
Couples might like to give each other more generous gifts such as airline tickets or entry tickets to see his/her favorite football team play/theater performance. Store vouchers come in both paper and plastic as well.
And if you need more ideas on what to buy as a 1st Wedding Anniversary Gift, think about these;
- A writing set complete with stationery and pens
- Personalised postage stamps can be ordered with a picture of the happy couple at www.pstamps.auspost.com.au
- A paperweight
- Magazine subscriptions
- Paper lanterns
- A paperback book
- Beautiful paper napkins
- Crossword toilet paper
- Make your own pinata and fill with luscious foil wrapped chocolates or have one made by an expert. www.bustapinata.com/ This Australian company also have pinata flatpacks that are easy to assemble and they will deliver overseas.
- Give a gift of creative paper stationary, a diary, You will find loads of ideas at www.pulpcreativepaper.com.au
- You could purchase a large bag and fill with recyclable paper products such as toilet paper, paper towel, tissues, and writing paper.
- paper kites
- Clothes basket and pegs
- Plastic picnic set
- Gift cards for a favourite store
- Tupperware or other plastic kitchen containers or utensils
- chopping boards
- drinking tumblers and water jug
Or combine the modern and traditional and fill a plastic bucket with items from both lists.
You might find as I did that this can get quite addictive. Once you begin thinking creatively you will come up with plenty of ideas on your own.
If you have thought of something not on the list and want to share your ideas please tell us about it in your message. Have fun.
More by this Author
Finding quality friends is not easy. Showing that you can be a loyal friend using these tips can often be enough to attract good friendships to yourself.
Tips from a chef on how to make the best and easiest omelette.