Free Pumpkin Carving Patterns
I have been carving pumpkins for over 20 years and sharing my Jack-o-Lantern carving tips online since 2007. If you are looking for Jack-o-Lantern carving patterns and stencils, read on to find my list of great websites with dozens of different types of printable patterns. No need to wade through thousands of search results. These are all sites that I've used myself, or have recommended to others.
I hope you find the perfect pattern for your Jack-o-Lantern display!
Fun Jack-o-Lantern Stencils for Kids
- WooJr: This site offers kids activities and crafts. They also have a nice selection of pumpkin carving stencils for Halloween. There are Disney characters, Spongebob stencils, scary stencils, Skelanimals templates, Harry Potter patterns, and more.
- The Pumpkin Lady: The Pumpkin Lady offers nine patterns at a time and the top three change every week. They are really cute!
- Nick Jr.: Use these printable stencils to carve a jack-o-lantern featuring your favorite characters from Nick Jr. shows like Dora the Explorer, The Backyardigans, and Ni Hao, Kain-lan.
- Hershey's: Celebrate Halloween with Hershey's pumpkin stencils. There are 10 Easy, 10 Intermediate, and 10 Advanced designs. The Reese's Peanut Butter Cup is funny. There's a cool Haunted House stencil too.
Clever Pumpkin Carving Patterns
- Pumpkin Masters: This is my favorite company for pumpkin carving tools. They also offer a few free carving patterns every year. Currently available are Boogie Nights, Brown Recluse, Egghead, Midnight Flight, Pirate Skull, and Witch's Brew.
- Stoneykins: Stoneykins currently offers 100 amazing and unique pumpkin carving patterns. I think my favorite is Van Goghs's Starry Night, but you can also find cute cartoon characters, famous faces, and sports logos.
- PumpkinGlow: PumpkinGlow calls their graphics "Un-Halloween" pumpkin patterns. Their categories include I Love America, Christian, animals, famous people, fantasy & medieval, and special occasion. Of the sites I've visited, this one offers the most choices.
- SpookMaster: SpookMaster has a few free Halloween Pumpkin Carving Patterns as well as a daily freebie. Patterns currently on the site are Sharpie, Going Batty, Damsel in Distress, Night Watchman, and Bewitching Hour.
- Better Homes & Gardens: Better Homes & Gardens has a nice selection of pumpkin stencils including vampire and werewolf patterns from Twilight, cat and dog breeds, flames, faces, and more.
- The History Channel: The History Channel's website has both simple and advanced patterns from traditional to patriotic. There are 24 in all.
- Pumpkin Carving
I started carving pumpkins by myself when I was in middle school. I remember taking my time to get it just right and being so proud of my work. In eighth grade I entered a Jack-o-Lantern contest at school and won!
More Creative Pumpkin Carving PatternsClick thumbnail to view full-size
Which do you use to create your Jack-o-Lanterns?See results without voting
More by this Author
Kanani Akina is the Girl of the Year Doll for 2011. She made her debut on Saturday, January 1st. Kanani is a cheerful girl who helps others by sharing the aloha spirit. Whether she's greeting visitors at her family's...
Nassau, Bahamas is on the the Island of New Providence. Nassau is the capital, the largest city, and the commercial center of The Bahamas. My husband and I chose to visit Nassau for our 10th anniversary. We were there...
Looking for a unique way for elementary school kids to memorize state capitals? Try the state capitals song and video from Warner Bros. Animaniacs. It's from a Season One; Episode 20, skit titled Wakko's America....