Valentine's Day Gift Ideas
Save Time & Money This Valentine's Day
Are you looking for that perfect Valentine's Day gift but you are completely tapped out after the holiday season. You have come to the right place if free is the price you are looking for. Here you will find Valentine's Day poems, Valentine's Day cards, Valentine's day gift ideas, Valentine's Day money saving tips, Quick Valentine's Day Recipes, Valentine's Day Tips and many more helpful Valentine's Day ideas.
There are so many things around your house right now that will make that one of a kind gift & put you in the more then thoughtful category. This Valentine's Day don't just run out to the store set the goal of no money holidays to come. I am talking about recycling, reusing, reinventing, creating new & one of a kind gifts that no one else in the world has or will have how can your mate, friend or children argue with that.
This Valentine's Day make it more special then any other by spending the one thing that doesn't cost a dime, simply put your time. Invest in your family & friends with time instead of money this year. Guys I know you love to save a buck so why not give this a try. Save time by not standing in long lines at the store instead use your time wisely. I promise you once your loved one hears you spent time making something for them for this Valentine's Day they will feel more loved then if you just ran out to the store & bought a quick last minute gift.
Free Printables for Valentine's DayClick thumbnail to view full-size
Right click on the picture you like save it & then to print cards print #1 then #2 cut out & glue or tape to a new piece of paper (thick card stock) folClick thumbnail to view full-size
Print Your Coupons for the Husband or wife or even kids for Valentine's Day
Print You Coupons for the Husband or wife to have 1 free from guilt back rub, foot rub or body message. No dishes coupon for the kids. Be creative & print up a few extra surprises for your loved ones for this Valentine's Day.
Print Fun Valentine's Day Coupons For Your Family Feel free to request a card color or sayingClick thumbnail to view full-size
One of My all time Favorite gift ideas
1. Find a picture on your pc to print or even a picture you have around you wish to give to some one special. This picture could be friend, family member, a beautiful picture of anything the person would like.
2. Find a left over piece of wood, any size or shape will do as long as there is a flat side where your picture will fit. It could be a scrap piece of 2 x 4 or even a piece of wood cut in half you can sand down with sand paper.
3. Elmer's glue.
4 A small paint brush
5. $1.00 can of clear finish spray from a discount store like dollar general, family dollar or dollar tree.
6. Piece of sand paper
Using your piece of wood find the place the picture looks the best, a fairly flat spot would be best. You may need to sand the spot down a big to get it fairly flat & some what smooth.
Now using the paint brush place a large dab of glue on the back of the picture & use the brush to smooth the glue over the entire back of the picture.
Next place the picture where you wish on your wood.
Now do the same over the whole top of your picture. Smooth the glue quickly as it will dry very fast.
Let the glue dry for a few hours.
Next take your clear spray & holding the can well away from the picture begin to spray with a sweeping motion a light coat over the whole piece of wood. In a well ventilated area.
Repeat the clear coat a few times until you get the finish you like.
For added decoration use hot glue to attach glitter, decorative threads, beads, ribbon, rope, buttons, small items that go with a theme such as plastic shapes, game pieces, rocks, small stones, feathers, stickers. You can spray all objects with clear spray once they are glued with hot glue. Let your imagination run wild & make a great gift for that special person.
Great Recipe Links
- Valentines Day Recipes- Valentine\'s Day Website
Valentines Day recipes, jokes, games and poems
- Recipes & Cookbooks - Cooking Recipes from Betty Crocker from BettyCrocker.Com
Recipes, cooking ideas, baking tips and more, from Betty Crocker.com
- Valentine\'s Day Recipes - Holidays and Events - All Recipes
Looking for Valentine's Day recipes? Allrecipes has more than 1,750 trusted Valentine's Day recipes complete with ratings, reviews and cooking tips.
Make a Beautiful Card in Minutes for Free
Here are a few Quick & easy ways to make a homemade card for free.
1. Print a card from your computer. You can either make this from scratch or use free cards you find online.
2. Make homemade paper to make your card with.
Here are a simple instruction on how to make homemade paper.
Supplies you will need:
Window Screening or any screen you can drain your paper on
Wood Frame -old 8 x 10 or any size picture frame can be used too
Plastic Basin or a large Tub needs to be big enough to totally immerse frame
Blender or Food Processor -to making paper pulp
Flannel Fabric or a piece of Felt
Staples, small nails or tacks - For tacking screen on frame
Liquid starch helps to keep ink from soaking into paper, Small dried flowers, decorative thread, small leaves, glitter or feathers.
1. Tear or shred the paper into small pieces. Put these small paper pieces into the blender. Fill the blender up with water about 2 cups of water for every ½ cup of paper or so it looks soupy. Blend until mostly smooth, it should look like pureed soup.
2. Fill the a medium sized basin or tub with water about half way and then add your paper pulp. Add several batches of paper pulp to the tub. You can add some starch at this time a few teaspoons should be plenty
3. Place the screen into the tub or basin underneath the layer of pulp and moving it upwards to catch the pulp onto the screen. Continue doing this until you have the desired paper thickness. Raise your screen out of the water and let as much of the water to drain as possible before you move to flip it out.
4. Place a piece of the felt on top of the paper you just made and flip it over onto your newspaper. Add another piece of felt on top of the other side of the paper you just made so it is between two pieces of felt. Use a sponge to press out the excess water and wring the water out of the sponge back in your basin. Continue to stack pieces of felt and paper and pressing the water out with the sponge as you make as much paper as you like.
5. Once you are done making your homemade paper gently peel apart the felt and paper and carefully lay the paper you just made out to dry flat on pieces of newspaper or you can even hang your new paper out to dry on your clothes line. Enjoy making personal poetry or even a card for a loved one or friend. Happy Valentine's Day with Love!
* To make it more fun do this by color so you can layer the colors on top of one another after your paper dries. You can also add small dried flowers, decorative thread, small leaves or feathers.
You can use any type of paper products you wish
Old Cards -makes heavier paper
Newspaper -will make gray colored paper
Gift Wrap Tissue Paper-makes fine paper
Boxes without wax coating -you can soak in warm water
Here are some printable cards for the ladiesClick thumbnail to view full-size
Even a simple meal looks geat in candle light!Click thumbnail to view full-size
Valentine's Day Poems
More by this Author
Although gardening is only one of My Passions. It is up in the top categories. I have many hobbies, I also love companion planting. I love to take a bare area in my yard and make it beautiful or more interesting....
If nothing else I could only hope to empower & inspire those who feel hopeless to know they are not alone and there are some things you can do on your own to help.
Staph Infection left unchecked can be very Serious and even fatal. Here are a few tips on how to care for a staph infection and a brief explanation of what staph is