Gift Basket Ideas for Workers
A gift basket for the working individual is a novel idea when it caters to one’s work life or in some way relieves it. Everyone knows that gift-giving can be tough simply for not knowing what to give. But one way around this problem is to pick an area of a person’s life—she loves to cook or he’s a big golfer—and give related things.
Well here is your personal gift basket or gift box guide with such a theme: work. The goal is not to merely give a gift but to give a compounding one—a gift that is useful in the recipient’s daily life and that will defray costs for them. This gift works well for both new workers and seasoned ones. Your investment and time in creatively assembling such a customized gift will not go unnoticed and will be very meaningful.
As you pick-and-choose items for your gift basket, you determine how expensive to make it. If given from a group, the more exquisite it can become. And the better you know the recipient and the things he or she likes or uses, the better your gift will satisfy.
So we will consider items for three work categories: blue-collar workers (manual laborers), white collar workers (executives and office personnel), and pink collar workers (service providers).
Gift Basket Ideas for the Skilled Labor Worker
Now let’s think hard: construction, factory, railroad, sanitation, trucking, delivery—the list goes on. But this is no obstacle. Rigorous and, sometimes, dirty work requires many of the same things. To start, let’s build this gift in a relevant “basket”—a duffel, backpack, tool bag, or lunch cooler works well. Now let’s fill it.
- Lotion and sanitizer for hard-worked, grimy hands
- Repellant for those who work in wooded areas
- Earplugs for loud environments, although often provided by employers. Still, workers can never have enough of these on-hand.
- Batteries for small tools
- Duct tape
- OTCs for aches and pains. A first aid kit is an excellent resource to give.
- Roll quarters are handy for snack machines. A gift card from a local eatery is a great idea if the worker is able to venture away from site.
More Important Needs
- Coffee mugs and water bottles
- Work gloves, hats, and T-shirts
- Sunglasses for those who work outdoors
- Rain gear
- Pocket knife
- Tools, like a hammer, level, and tape measure, or a tool belt
- Gift card to a hardware, Army Navy, or surplus store
Great Rachael Ray Clip on Creating Gift Baskets
Do They Work Here? If So...
Great Amazon Selections
Gift Basket Ideas for the Business Executive and White Collar Worker
Offer this gift in an attractive attaché, tote, crate, portable file box, wastebasket, or cardboard storage box. Think in terms of how these people function. They often interact with others in meetings and face-to-face chats. Their jobs can be hectic and unnerving, so their offices tend to be their retreat spots. Then, many people carry their workload home, literally and emotionally.
- Non-scented hand creams and lotions
- Breath enhancers
- Compacts and mirrors. Men need mirrors, too. A quick glance before an important encounter can save an embarrassing and even costly situation.
Desk and Office Needs
- Coffee mug
- Personalized stationary, pens, sticky notes
- Letter opener, paperweight
- Desk or wall clock
- Picture frames and nice calendars
- Small puzzles for downtime
- Coffee or tea maker or a set of fine coffee or tea
Relaxation and Other Needs
- Gift card for lunch
- Money clip
- Business card case
- Gift card for manicure or massage
- Therapy or stress balls, vice grips
- Books, magazines, and CDs
- Treats and homemade goodies
- Gift card for dinner and a movie. This one can be extended to include his or her family and will be greatly appreciated.
Perspective: Mike Rowe on America's Dysfunctional Relationship with Work
Gift Basket Ideas for the Customer Service Oriented Worker
Now for the “in-betweeners.” Very much can be done to specialize this gift based on a few things, including the type of work and the interests of the person. If the recipient is a teacher, the gift basket could be offered in a tote bag. If he is a man who loves to barbeque, why not build the gift in a not-too-expensive grill? Creativity is fun and goes a long way.
The point is to set a theme built around the person. Here are some to consider: food and kitchen, tech, literacy, spa, movie night, love and sex, game night, spirituality, hobby and sport. So have fun with it. Investigate and add items you know the person loves or uses and any others you can think of that might benefit their work.
- Skin care items
- Hair care products
- Body sprays, powders, and deodorant
- Gum and mints
- Lip balm
- Gift card to a favorite clothing store
- The purchase of something specially needed for their work
I have no doubt that there are so many other gift ideas that will satisfy. If you can think of them, go for it! Giving is always good for the heart. I hope these gift basket ideas for workers give you a starting place and lends you some fun and goodwill.
More by this Author
Social sustainability seeks quality of life for all. Conflicting needs, however, hinder this goal.
If you have hypertension there are some medicines you must avoid.
Sansevieria is one of the best plants for clean indoor air. Easy to care for, the plant is perfect for people with allergies.