Great Solar Energy Gifts for Christmas
Why choose a solar-power gift?
Perhaps you know someone who has expressed an interest in solar energy. Why not give them a gift of solar power -- perhaps on the pages of a book that explains how solar energy can be transformed into electrical energy, or in a practical reference book on home solar power systems, or in a solar-powered gadget.
This holiday season arrived with growing worries about global warming. More people are concerned about building a sustainable future for our children and grandchildren. Many are looking for ways to reduce their electric bills and lessen their personal contribution to greenhouse gases.
Your gift may put someone in your life on their path toward renewable energy and reduced electric bills.
Your gift to a child will help him or her learn about solar power power.
Here are ten books on solar power. They range from from kids' books to basic explanatory books to comprehensive and detailed guides on home solar power systems.
2 Gift Books on Solar Energy for Kids
- Solar Power: Energy for Today by Tea Benduhn. (2008) 24 pages -- for kids aged 9-12.
- Green Power Solar & Wind Power by Peter Lerangis. (2009) 64 pages -- another book for kids. board book including parts for a solar-powered car.
8 Solar Energy Books for Adults
- Solar Power Your Home for Dummies by Rik DeGunther. (2007) 384 pages -- a “dummies” handbook -- an introduction for the non-technical person.
- Renewable Energy Made Easy by David Craddock. (2008) pages -- a good overview of the sources of renewable energy.
- Power to Change the World: alternative Energy and the Rise of the Solar City by S.L. Klein. (2008) 372 pages -- takes you through the development of electric power to solar power and discusses a wide range of energy issues.
- Solar Energy Projects for the Evil Genius by Gavin Harper. (2007) 196 pages -- part of the Evil Genius book series; suggests 50 different types of solar energy projects.
- New Solar Electric Home: The Complete Guide to Photovoltaics for Your Home by Joel Davidson and Fran Orner. (2008) 471 pages -- takes you through the process of going solar, from making the decision to sizing, selecting, installing, and maintaining your system.
- Solar Handbook: A Simple, Practical Guide to sing Electric Solar Panels and Designing and Installing Photovoltaic Solar PV systems by Michael Boxwell. (2009) 150 pages -- book and related website assume no previous knowledge of solar panels; includes details, and calculators.
- Real Goods Solar Living Source Book-Special 30th Anniversary Edition: Your Complete Guide to Renewable Energy Technologies and Sustainable Living by John Schaeffer, President and founder of Real Goods the oldest and largest catalog company devoted to the sale and service of renewable energy products,
- Photovoltaics: Design and Installation Manual by Solar Energy International. (2004) 336 pages.
More by this Author
Vizo Internet Apps (VIA) exemplifies the marriage of affordable high-definition television and internet online content. VIA dramatically expands your entertainment choices at a reasonable price. This review includes a...
If you are searching for unusual Christmas gift ideas, think about giving a Kindle loaded with a couple of e-books. This would be ideal for an avid reader in the family. Or, for a parent or grandparent who loves...
If you have one or more masonry fireplaces in your home, you can save big money on your heating bills by sealing them off when not in use.