Halloween Cookie Recipes for Kids
Kids' Halloween recipes are so fun, and guess what? They're not just for kids! Adults get a kick out of eating crazy Halloween foods too. Nothing livens up a Halloween party like festive food. Halloween recipes for kids can be found in a variety of places. Here we've got some fun family recipes for Halloween cookies. Some of these Halloween recipes for children are so easy that the kids can prepare them! I hope you have fun!Witch Finger Cookies
It's a multi-step process, but the results are worth it!
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup icing sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. almond extract
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2 3/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup whole blanched almonds
- 1 tube red decorator gel
1. Beat together butter, sugar, egg, almond extract and vanilla.
2. Beat in flour, baking powder, and salt. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
3. Working with one-quarter of the dough at a time (keeping the rest refrigerated), roll heaping teaspoons full of dough into finger shape for each cookie. Press an almond firmly into one end for nail.
4. Squeeze in center to create knuckle shape. Using a paring knife make slashes in several places to form knuckle. Place on lightly greased cookie sheet in 325 degree over for 20-25 minutes or until pale or golden. Let cool for three minutes.
5. Lift up almond; squeeze red decorator gel onto nail bed and press almond back in place so gel oozes out from underneath. Remove from cookie sheet and let cool. Repeat with remaining dough.
Makes about 5 dozen witch fingers
This one's super easy and no bake!
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons salted butter
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 Butterfinger candy bar, chopped into pieces
- 2 cups of white chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons shortening
- 1 pkg. Butterfinger BB's candies
- 1 small tube red decorator icing
1. Line cookie sheet with wax paper; set aside.
2. In a large bowl, with an electric mixer, beat together peanut butter and butter until creamy.
3. Beat in powdered sugar, until mixture is moistened and holds together.
4. Stir in chopped Butterfinger candy bar.
5. Shape into 1-inch size balls (eyeballs) and place on prepared cookie sheet. Freeze for 1 hour.
6. In microwave safe bowl, melt morsels and shortening on medium-high setting until creamy.
7. Remove cookie sheet from freezer. Using a toothpick, dip eyeballs into white chocolate. Let excess drip off, then return to cookie sheet.
8. Press 1 Butterfinger BB onto top of each eyeball to form pupil.
9/ Refrigerate eyeballs until chocolate is set. With tube of red decorator icing, pipe lines from pupil to create bloodshot markings.
10. Store covered in refrigerator, serve cold.
Makes about 30 eyeballs.
Black cat cookies
This Halloween recipe is a great one to let kids help with.
1 pkg. chocolate cake mix
1 cup crunchy peanut butter
1/3 cup water
2 large eggs
Toppings: granulated sugar, M&Ms, red hots candy
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
2. In a large bowl, beat together peanut butter, eggs, and water.
3. Gradually add cake mix, stir well. The trick is to keep your hands and utensils slightly wet.
4. Form dough into 1-inch balls. Place on ungreased cookie sheet.
5. Dip bottom of drinking glass into granulated sugar and flatten each ball.
6. Pushing dough up and around top of cookie form two ears on each cookie.
7. Add small chocolate candies for eyes, and red hots for nose.
8. With the side of a fork or the edge of a butter knife form 3 whisker lines from each side of the red hot (nose).
9. Bake 9-11 minutes, then pull from oven. Let set for 1-2 minutes before transferring to cooling surface.
Makes about 44 cookies.
More by this Author
This article has halloween poems for families wanting to participate in the neighborhood "boo-ing". Be inspired by the boo signs or get creative and write your own halloween poem!!
Interested in starting a Halloween boo in your neighborhood? Check out this article to learn more about this fun tradition, what to do if you're boo'd this Halloween, and learn what boo sign is.
Find out the early signs of being pregnant, when most women start seeing them, and how to know if you're really pregnant. Hint: You need to take a pregnancy test.