Fun Halloween Food Ideas
Halloween is a fun holiday and there is plenty of fun Halloween food to make that will make the holiday even more special. From main dishes to desserts to snacks I have created a list of my favorite Halloween food.
If you use some of the Halloween food ideas on this page you will be a hit on Halloween this year. Taking that extra time to make a child smile or even an adult makes all the difference. Most of the Halloween food recipes are made by adding a little something such as color or shape to make it for Halloween.
Even simple food like burgers or pudding can be given a Halloween touch to it. Simple and fun ways with food to make a Happy Halloween memory. You can use these recipes for the office, a Halloween party, to give as a gift or just to make at home for the family. Enjoy!
Halloween Food Ideas - Halloween Burgers
- 5 ½ lb Ground beef (you could also use veggie burgers)
- 6 Slices cheese
- Red or green bell peppers
- Pitted olives
- 6 Lettuce leaves
- 6 Hamburger buns, split
1. Cut cheese, olives and bell peppers into desired shapes. A metal cookie cutter works well for the cheese. If you find it sticks, coat the cutter with vegetable oil first.
2. Lightly shape ground beef into six 1/2''-thick patties (or 4 larger patties). Choose a cooking method.
3. To broil, place patties on rack in broiler pan so surface of beef is 3 to 4'' from heat. Broil 10 to 12 minutes or until centers are no longer pink, turning once.
4. To pan broil, place patties in preheated nonstick skillet over medium heat. Cook 10 to 12 minutes or until centers are no longer pink, turning once.
5. Season with salt and pepper, if desired, after turning. During last few minutes of cooking, top with cheese, bell peppers and olives to make faces. Serve in lettuce lined buns.
Halloween Food Ideas: Spooky Eyeball Tacos
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 pkg. (1-1/4 oz.) Taco Seasoning Mix
- 12 Taco Shells
- ¾ cup Chunky Salsa
- ¾ cup Sour Cream
- 1 can (2-1/4 oz.) sliced pitted ripe olives
MIX meat and seasoning mix. Shape into 36 (1-inch) balls; place in 15x10x1-inch baking pan.
BAKE at 350°F for 15 to 20 minutes or until cooked through. Fill each taco shell with 1 meatball; drizzle with salsa. Top with 2 meatballs dipped in sour cream. Garnish with olivesto make "eyeballs."
Fun Halloween Food Ideas: Witch's Brew
- 3 cups boiling water
- 1 pkg. (8-serving size) JELL-O Brand Orange Flavor Gelatin
- 4 cups boiling apple juice
- Cinnamon sticks
Stirboiling water into gelatin in large bowl at least 2 minutes until completely dissolved. Stir in boiling apple juice. Pourinto mugs. Serve with cinnamon sticks.
Fun Halloween Food Ideas: Ghosts In The Graveyard
- 15 Oreo Chocolate Sandwich Cookies
- 3 cups cold milk
- 2 pkg. (4-serving size each) Jello Chocolate Flavor Instant
- Pudding & Pie Filling
- 1 tub (8 oz.) Cool Whip Whipped Topping, thawed
- Decorations: such as cookies; seasonal Halloween candies, such as pumpkins and candy corn; assorted decorating icings
Crush chocolate sandwich cookies in large sealable plastic bag with rolling pin or food processor. Pour milk into large bowl. Add pudding mixes. Beat with wire whisk 2 minutes or until well blended. Let stand 5 minutes. Gently stir in 1/2 each of the whipped topping and crushed cookies. Spoon into 13x9-inch dish; sprinkle with remaining crushed cookies. Refrigerate 1 hour or until ready to serve.
Decorate remaining cookies with assorted icings to resemble tombstones; stand up in top of dessert. Add candies. Drop remaining whipped topping by spoonfuls onto dessert to resemble ghosts. Store leftover dessert in refrigerator.
Fun Halloween Food Ideas: Candy Corn Rice Krispies Treats
- 1/2 c Butter
- 10 c Crispy rice cereal
- 9 c Miniature marshmallows
- 2 c Mixture of candy corn and Indian candy corn
- 3/4 c Miniature chocolate chips
- Candy pumpkins
- Yellow and red food coloring
Melt butter and marshmallows; stir until smooth. In a large bowl, mix rice cereal, candy
corn and miniature chips together. To marshmallow mixture, blend in 2 drops yellow food
coloring and 1 drop red food coloring, adding more coloring if necessary to reach desired
shade. Add marshmallow mixture to cereal mixture; stir quickly to combine. Spread on a
large buttered pan; press with buttered hands. While warm, press on candy pumpkins
spaced 1 to 1/2-2 inches apart. Refrigerate and cut into squares.
Fun Halloween Food Ideas: Spaghetti and Eyeballs
- Spaghetti Sauce
- 1 lb. Hamburger
- 1 egg
- Cooked Spaghetti
- Green olives stuffed with pimentos
- Bread Crumbs, oregano, garlic salt
Mix hamburger, egg, breadcrumbs, oregano, and garlic salt into a meat mixture. Make 1 inch meatballs and push an olive into each one. Place into shallow baking dish and cover with sauce. Bake at 350 for 1 hour. Serve over spaghetti.
Fun Halloween Food Ideas: Boo Bites
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) margarine or butter
- 30 large marshmallows or 3 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1/2 cup REESE'S Creamy Peanut Butter
- 1/3 cup HERSHEY'S Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 4-1/2 cups crisp rice cereal
Line cookie sheet with wax paper. Melt butter in large saucepan over low heat. Add marshmallows. Cook, stirring constantly, until marshmallows are melted. Remove from heat. Add corn syrup; stir until well blended. Add peanut butter and chocolate chips; stir until chips are melted and mixture is well blended. Add cereal; stir until well coated. Cool slightly.
With wet hands, shape mixture into 1-1/2 inch balls; place balls on prepared cookie sheet. Cool completely. Store in cool, dry place. About 4 dozen bites.
Fun Halloween Food Ideas: Chocolate Spider Web Cake
- 1-2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup HERSHEY'S Cocoa
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1-1/2 cups buttermilk or sour milk*
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
ONE-BOWL BUTTERCREAM FROSTING (recipe follows)
SPIDER WEB (recipe follows)
1. Heat oven to 350°F. Thoroughly grease and flour two 9-inch round baking pans.
2. Combine dry ingredients in large bowl; add eggs, shortening, buttermilk and vanilla. Beat on low speed of mixer 1 minute, scraping bowl constantly. Beat on high speed 3 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally. Pour batter into prepared pans.
3. Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10minutes; remove from pans to wire racks. Cool completely.
4. Frost with ONE-BOWL BUTTERCREAM FROSTING. Immediately pipe or drizzle SPIDER WEB in 4 or 5 circles on top of cake. Using a knife or wooden pick, Immediately draw 8 to 10 lines from center to edges of cake at regular intervals to form web. Garnish with a "spider", using a caramel, licorice and other candies. 12 servings
*To sour milk: Use 4-1/2 teaspoons white vinegar plus milk to equal 1-1/2 cups.
ONE-BOWL BUTTERCREAM FROSTING
- 6 tablespoons butter or margarine, softened
- 2-2/3 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup HERSHEY'S Cocoa
- 4 to 6 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Beat butter; add powdered sugar and cocoa alternately with milk, beating to spreading consistency. Stir in vanilla. About 2 cups frosting.
SPIDER WEB: Place 1/2 cup HERSHEY'S Premier White Chips and 1/2 teaspoon shortening (do not use butter, margarine, spread or oil) in small heavy seal-top plastic bag. Microwave at HIGH (100%) 45 seconds. Squeeze gently. If necessary, microwave an additional 10 to 15 seconds; squeeze until chips are melted. Make small diagonal cut in one bottom corner of bag; squeeze mixture onto cake as directed.
Fun Halloween Food Ideas: Floating Hand Punch
- Clear plastic or latex gloves
- Desired punch
- Gummy worms (optional)
- Twist ties
- Sugar-free fruit-flavored drink mix
1. If the gloves have a powdery residue inside, turn them inside out and soak in warm water or wipe with soapy water and rinse. Allow gloves to dry. Or, turn gloves inside out, leaving the powdery side to the outside.
2. Prepare your favorite fruit-flavored drink mix and pour into the gloves. (Sugar free liquid freezes better than liquids with sugar.) Add enough drink to fill the gloves loosely but not so full that the fingers will not move. If you wish, add a few gummy worms to each "hand." Fasten the gloves tightly with a twist tie. Place paper towels on a cookie sheet and lay the hands on the paper towels. Freeze. When hands are frozen solid, carefully cut off gloves with scissors. Float hands in a bowl of punch for scary fun.
Tips For A Fun Halloween Party
- Use lots of decorations to create a scary, spooky atmosphere.
- Create some fun Halloween food using some of the ideas in this article.
- Make sure to have some Halloween themed music in the background. There are lots of classic Halloween songs such as Monster Mash, Thriller, and movie theme songs.
- Extra special touches for a Halloween party could include hosting a bonfire, playing some fun games, or telling ghost stories.
- Check out this site if you need some costume ideas or Halloween decor: Halloween Props and Costumes
More Halloween Recipes
Halloween Party Food
More by this Author
If you want to save money this holiday season, check out this list of the best Christmas gifts under 10. Learn how to do gift giving on a budget.
Vintage Christmas elves and pixies will add a whimsical spirit of Christmas past to your holiday decor. They have cute little faces and are very collectible. Read this article if you want to know where to find the fun...
- 55Best Facebook Quotes 2016 To Update Your Status - Popular Facebook Sayings to Make Friends Laugh or Cry
Updating your status is a major activity for Facebook members. The most popular, best Facebook sayings and quotes can be found here.