Easy and Delicious Recipe: Pumpkin Risotto with Pancetta Ham
Every year I got quite some leftover pumpkins, as well as pumpkin flesh after Halloween. It's a bit of a waste to throw away all the flesh and seeds to be honest. However I wasn't sure how should this be used until I found the below fabulous recipe for a pumpkin risotto. I've already made this dish several times and for guests as well. Everybody loved it.
I also used same ingredients and made some variations, like using the same pumpkin flesh for making pancakes, or as the topping for oven-grilled macaroni. They are both very yummy.
For now, enjoy this pumpkin risotto with pancetta ham!
For your Pumpkin mix:
- Leftover pumpkin flesh and seeds from 1 pumpkin
- 2 leftover whole pumpkin (clean it with water in and out)
- 10-12 slices of Italian Pancetta ham (or Serrano ham or even bacon)
- 1 table spoon red chilli pepper powder (or 1 fresh red chilli)
- 1 table spoon coriander seed poweder (or 1 table spoon fresh coriander seeds grated)
For the risotto base:
- 400g Risotto rice
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 glass of white wine
- some olive oil
- 2 cups of chicken broth
- a dollop of butter
- handful parmesan cheese, grated
Step by step cooking:
For your Pumpkins:
1. Preheat your oven to 190C/ 375F/ Gas mark 5
2. Cut 1 of your whole leftover pumpkin into 3cm-thick slices and spread them on your oven tray
3. Sprinkle the red chili pepper, coriander seeds, pinch of salt and bit of olive oil on the tray of pumpkins
4. Put the tray in the oven for 15 mins (and start preparing your risotto!)
5. After 15 mins, take the tray out, put the rest leftover pumpkin flesh and seeds on top of the sliced pumpkin, toss everything around and put the tray back in over for another 15 mins
6. After another 15 mins, check the pumpkins. The sliced pumpkin should be soft enough and the leftover seeds should be crunchy but not burnt.
7. Take the tray out, put the Italian Pancetta ham or any other ham/ bacon on top of the pumpkins on the same tray and put back in the oven for another 10 mins.
8. When done, remove the ham on top and side aside.
9. Remove the skin of the sliced pumpkin and smash them with the other leftover pumpkin flesh and seeds, and side aside.
Wanna Share Your Own Recipes?
Wanna share your own recipes as well? Don’t hesitate as your recipe might bring in revenue for you!
Start sharing your recipes and cooking tips in Hubpages Here.
For your Risotto:
1. Heat up your pan, add olive oil and onion, cook slowly until onion is soft
2. Add risotto rice in, stir until they turn semi-transparent
3. Add the glass of wine, stir until the wine is completely absorb by the rice
4. Add a scoop of chicken broth into the rice, stir and let it cook until most liquid is absorb, and then add the next scoop.
5. Keep the same process goes on until rice is ready to eat according to your preference (some prefer softer rice while some likes rice to be 'al dente' as well)
6. Now add your ready-made pumpkin smash back to the risotto and stir well
7. Add the dollop of butter and parmesan to the risotto, stir well
8. Rest the risotto for 3 minutes with fire off before serving
9. Now you can put serve your risotto inside one of your leftover whole pumpkin, or on a plate, with hams sprinkle on top.
you enjoy this saving idea in re-using your Halloween leftover pumpkins!
More by this Author
List of jobs and descriptions that you can find in the fashion industry.
All you need to know about a Dutch Wedding.
Weight loss diet plan from Sonja Bakker (originated from the Netherlands).
No comments yet.