Happy Anti-Valentine's Day
Before you begin reading this, know that I like Valentine's Day and I'm a romantic, old fashioned even. You should also know that I like getting traditional gifts on Valentine's Day and I'm not high maintenance. I like giving gifts too. This is not the typical anti- Valentine's Day complaint about commercialism, retail stores making money, saturated fats, dead flowers, etc, etc. No, I think anti-Valentine's Day is worth writing about for the heart weary people of the world. The divorced and now single, the never married and now lonely and the widowed and now alone.
People who have lost someone, never found someone and those who have had someone taken away - we should have some patience (if not sympathy) on this one romantic, traditionally couple-some holiday of the year.
Send the single people you know a Valentine on Valentine's Day. Say it's an anti-Valentine, if you don't want to give the wrong impression. But, don't let them go by the whole long day without getting something they didn't go out and buy for themselves. This includes single men. Yes, men like chocolate and flowers too. Most of them, likely the same ratio as women but men try to be a bit stoic about the whole thing.
- Happy Creepy Valentine's Day
Not everyone celebrates Valentine's Day. But, some people find the whole Valentine thing frightening, creepy and spooky too. Some people don't like Valentine's Day because it's scary.
Celebrating Singles Awareness Day
Alone on Valentine's Day?
- Do something for someone else. Give someone else the attention and affection you'd like yourself. Next thing you'll be feeling better and thinking about yourself a bit less.
- Arrange to spend the day with friends, or co-workers. Don't be alone if you really don't want to be alone. Chances are, others are feeling the same way you are.
- Work out a plan for meeting someone. Try a new personal ad on a new dating site. Join a group with people interested in the same things you are. Decide this is the year you really will meet someone. It's surprising how just setting your mind can make things happen.
- Do something for yourself. If you have kids or pets stash them with family and friends for the day. Get out and spend the day making yourself happy.
- Celebrate Valentine's Day. Whatever your own situation, why not enjoy the day. Celebrate the feelings behind the event. Romance and love are nice to have, to have had and to look forward to having again.
Anti Valentine Teacup and Saucer
Links for Anti- Valentine's Day
Crazy Alone Together
More by this Author
You might want to be a secret admirer because you like someone or you might do it to perk up someone who has been alone awhile or feels left out.
Valentine's Day should be enjoyed by all. Pick an ASCII art and send it to someone, family, friend or more than just friends.
When did you last make paper snowflakes? Get paper, scissors, a pencil and maybe some glitter - start folding and cutting. If you make enough you can have a paper snow storm.
No comments yet.