Happy Birthday Wishes: Greetings to Write in a B-Day Card
Sometimes "happy birthday" is just too short. You can use these examples and tips to help you write in a birthday card. The examples below include funny birthday messages, general happy birthday messages, and belated birthday messages.
Funny Birthday Messages
- It seems like just yesterday you were so much younger. It's as if you are getting a whole year older every day since yesterday.
- You have my permission to stay your current age for either 1 year or 365 days. You choose since it's your birthday.
- Friends like you don't just suddenly appear. It usually takes __ years to age to perfection.
- I like that we are such good friends that our relationship wouldn't be damaged even if I forgot your birthday. You better never forget my birthday though!
- How did you get older without me noticing until your birthday? Your age really crept up on me.
- You only get treated like royalty one day of the year. It's the 5th Thursday in April. I hope you enjoy it!
- There is a really smart, rich, and famous person who was born today. Too bad it wasn't you. Maybe it will be next year.
- You didn't get older, you became more distinguished. I can tell by your silver crown.
- No matter how old you get, I don't think you'll ever grow up. Happy birthday.
- I'm sorry we couldn't put the candles on your cake. There were too many to meet fire code. Safety first! Especially at your age.
- Just think, in a few years I won't have to give you anything for your birthday because you'll forget what day it is. Happy Birthday, while you still remember.
- You say you want to stop having birthdays, but the people who have stopped don't seem to be doing as well as you. Count your blessings.
- I would make fun of your age, but there are so many other things that are more fun to make fun of you for.
- Not again! I thought you just had a birthday only one year ago!
- Just because you are my friend doesn't mean that I'll remember your birthday, but I did this time.
- I know you don't always take my advice, but I would like to suggest that you have an awesome birthday.
- The older you get the smarter your friends get. That's especially true in my case.
Happy Birthday Again
General Happy Birthday Messages
- Please allow me to spoil you a little today.
- Birthdays are only as special as the people who have them. Your birthday is a special day.
- I love celebrating your birthday!
- You deserve to be treated in a special way on this special day!
- I hope you have a wonderful birthday.
- Wishing you a happy birthday, a great year, and many more to come.
- I hope you are as happy on your birthday as you make me feel when you are around.
- I can't think of anyone who deserves a happy birthday more than you.
- This is a happy day for those who you have blessed with your presence. Now you get blessed with presents.
- I am glad you were born because I have enjoyed being around you and getting to know you.
- I love it when you have a birthday because it reminds me how much I love you.
- Some things get better with age. You're one of them.
- I don't really have anything witty to say. Happy birthday anyway.
- I Just thought I'd let you know I was thinking of you on your birthday.
Belated Birthday Messages
- I like to think of my belated birthday card as an early birthday card for next year. Happy early birthday.
- You only have one actual day that you were born, so I figure all your birthdays are belated birthdays.
- I am really sorry I forgot your birthday, but I figure better late than never.
- It only took you one day to be born, and I missed it. So I'm wishing you a happy birth month. Now you have four weeks to party instead of one day.
- Since I missed your birthday, how about rescheduling it for next year on the same day.
- Surprise! I forgot your birthday. And another surprise... I remembered!
- I wanted to make sure my Birthday card didn't have any competition, so I sent mine in the off season.
How not to Say Happy Birthday
There are hardly any messages that can't be pulled off under the right circumstances, and birthdays are one of those occasions where almost anything goes. However, you may not want to use these happy birthday greetings:
- It's probably time to update your will. Don't forget to leave me your...
- I would have gotten you something for your birthday, but you didn't get me anything that was any good.
- I'll be glad when you're dead... Another year, another tally for my countdown.
- Who cares about your birthday? I mean, it's not like a holiday or anything.
- I got you this card because I am supposed to respect my elders.
- Big deal. You're old! It's not funny, but you're getting funnier looking.
Keep the Age of Your Audience in Mind
Words for Birthday Card Messages
Use these common birthday message words to help you put together your own message. If you just throw them together you are likely to get a decent, simple, happy birthday message. Add your own words to this list.
- Birthday, happy, year
- hope, dreams, best
- celebrate, young, old
- today, party, wonderful
- special, perfect
Which is worse?
Would You Rather...?See results without voting
More by this Author
These are examples, instructions, and tools to help you write your get well card messages. You can comfort or entertain with the perfect words to help them get well soon.
Words have the power to tear down or build people up. Use these words of encouragement to help someone who needs a little inspiration. These are encouraging quotes.
Use these thank you card messages to help you with wording for your card. Expressing your gratitude and saying thanks can be difficult. Edit these to fit your situation.
No comments yet.