Happy Passover - A New Twist on Matzah Brei for 2012
Happy Passover and Happy Easter! Tomorrow, I am cooking matzoh brei for my family and wanted to try a new recipe. I do not have a photo for this just yet since I am going to make it tomorrow, but I thought it would be cool to share this with people who like a twist to ordinary recipes.
I usually make matzoh brei with cinnamon and sugar, but wanted to go a slightly more savory direction this year and will be trying peppers and onions into my matzoh brei.
- 5 Matzoh, Sheets
- 1 Green Pepper, diced
- 1 Red Pepper, diced
- 2 Onions, chopped
- 2 tsp Black Pepper
- 2 Eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup Water
- 1/4 stick Butter or Margine, May could substitute olive oil.
- Soak matzoh in a pan or shallow dish with water. Let matzoh soften. Usually this takes about 15 minutes. Do not oversoak.
- Drain water.
- Slice matzah into 1/8 pieces
- Mix beaten eggs lightly by dripping the mixture onto the matzah. Do not pour. Cover all matzoh pieces.
- Add butter to frying pan and set pan at medium heat until butter is melted.
- Add red and peppers as well as onions. Cook until they brown slightly.
- Add in matzoh egg mixture.
- Cook until matzoh is brown. Add black pepper as needed.
|Serving size: 5 sheets of matzoh|
|Calories from Fat||81|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 9 g||14%|
|Saturated fat 7 g||35%|
|Carbohydrates 4 g||1%|
|Sugar 1 g|
|Fiber 2 g||8%|
|Cholesterol 32 mg||11%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|
More by this Author
- 0FSX Highways, Enjoying Flight Simulator From the Road With Breathtaking Views Not Noticed from the Air While You Fly.
I have been playing MIcrosoft Flight Simulator now for over 15 years since the Flight Simulator 95 days. Back then, when you compare Flight Simulator 95 to FSX, you can definitely see the big improvement and when...
Heredity is one of those concepts in life that you have to deal with whether you like it or not. If something runs in your family, you stand a good chance of getting that disease some time in your life. Unfortunately,...
Sushi alternatives for seaweed are now becoming popular. For those people who do not like seaweed, they can now order sushi with cucumber, mango, eel, and avocado. This article shows photos of the new alternatives for...
No comments yet.