Hello Kitty Party Ideas
For parents who do not have much time on their hands, ready-made Hello Kitty invitations always save the day. You can easily find and buy Hello Kitty party invitations from party supply stores and as well as online sources such as Amazon.
If you want to save some money or you're just the do-it-yourself type, resources on the Internet can help you make professional looking invitations. Find free Hello Kitty printable invitations online and download them to your computer. From there, you can print them on cardstock from your home printer or use a professional service such as FedEx's print online.
Alternatively, if you want to keep it really low cost and involve the party girl, trace Hello Kitty heads and bows on construction paper. Cut each out. Glue the bows on each head and add eyes, nose, and whiskers. Write the invitation details on the back.
For something really original, buy boxes or packages of Hello Kitty candies. Print labels with invite info and attach these to the back of each box or package.
Decorating Your Party
Whether you are having the party at home or in some other place, your party decorations play a significant role in the success of the party. Lucky for you, there are so many Hello Kitty party supplies on the market, you should have no problem creating the ultimate atmosphere for your party.
Dressing Up Your Table
Covering your party tables with a pink or purple tablecloths is a must. This will set the stage for the rest of the decorations.
Pink or purple tulle can be used to decorate the tables and chairs. One cute option is to wrap the tulle around the chairs so that a bow is on the back of the chairs. Blow up a balloon for each guest, add a plastic stick to each one, and secure this to the bows. Once the party is over, these can be taken home as party favors.
You will also need centerpieces. You can purchase a pre-made ones or make your own. Add balloons for the finishing touch.
Also, don't forget the table settings! You can buy inexpensive pink, white, or purple party plates, cups, napkins, and flatware at a local grocery or dollar store. Or you can purchase Hello Kitty place settings online.
Easy DIY Centerpiece
More Hello Kitty Decorating Ideas
Once you have your tables just right, you will need to decorate the walls and ceilings. Tulle or crepe paper look great hanging from the ceiling. Add other details like balloon bouquets or garlands, paper lanterns, banners, pennants, or pom poms.
Cake or Cupcakes?
What do you prefer to serve at your child's parties?See results without voting
Hello Kitty Cake and Cupcake Ideas
Since Hello Kitty is a popular party choice, cakes can be special ordered at most bakeries and cake shops. Another option is to do it yourself. Whether you have well-honed cake making skills or you are a novice, you can create cute Hello Kitty cakes. All you need to do is make a simple cake and cover it in white icing. Then, use some Hello Kitty cake decorations as the finishing touch.
There are many cake decorations to choose from. You can simply add a cake topper for a quick solution. Or you can use your creativity and use a combinations of pink and purple icing, small Hello Kitty figures, edible decorations, toothpick toppers, and Hello Kitty candles.
Another option is to use a Hello Kitty cake pan.
If you would prefer cupcakes, purchase color-coordinated or Hello Kitty themed cupcake papers. One great way to decorate cupcakes is cupcake toppers. These can be bought, but they are super easy to make with lollipop sticks or toothpicks. First, find a free Hello Kitty cupcake topper image online. Print these out. You can use regular printing paper, but heavy stock paper is best. Then cut out the toppers and tape a lollipop stick or toothpick to the back of each one.
Hello Kitty Party Food Ideas
- Serve strawberry milk, pink lemonade or smoothies in glass jars with pink and white paper straws.
- Use Hello Kitty ice trays to make festive ice cubes.
- Use Hello Kitty cookie cutters to transform pizzas or sandwiches into Hello Kitty treats.
- Make sugared popcorn, but add a few drops of red food coloring to make the popcorn pink.
- For a healthy option, make fruit kabobs by threading pieces of colorful fruit like berries, pineapple, grapes, and peaches onto wooden sticks.
- Whip up pink or purple pudding or jello.
- Buy water or juice bottles and wrap with Hello Kitty printable labels.
- Make white chocolate covered pretzels, marshmallows or strawberries. Add sprinkles or candies in Hello Kitty colors.
- Another of many Hello Kitty party food ideas is to set up an ice cream sundae station. Have bowls, spoons, napkins, and vanilla ice cream at one end. Then fill the table with different sundae topping options so guests can create their own sundae. Topping ideas include: colored sprinkles, Hello Kitty candies, white or brown chocolate candies, mint candies, nuts, maraschino cherries, shredded coconuts, berries, peanut butter, chocolate syrup, caramel, oreo cookies, and marshmallows.
Hello Kitty Party Games and Activities
- Pin the Bow on the Kitty: this twist on Pin the Tail on the Donkey uses a bought or printed Hello Kitty head and bows. One at a time, blindfold each child a few feet from Hello Kitty, spin her around a few times, and have her try to get the bow as close to where Hello Kitty normally has her bow. The child who gets her bow the closest to the right spot wins this game.
- Hot Hello Kitty: buy a plush Hello Kitty doll to play hot potato. Have the girls sit in a circle and play Hello Kitty music. Turn the music off at random times. Whoever is holding the kitty when the music goes off is out. The last child left in the circle is the winner. Another option with this game is to wrap the plush doll up in layers of wrapping paper. Each time the music stops, the child holding it unwraps one layer. The player who unwraps the last layer is the winner.
- Hello Kitty "Egg" Hunt: hide small, package party favors around the house, yard or event location and have the kids hunt them down as they would at an Easter egg hunt.
- Make Your Own Jewelry: set up a table with a variety of beads in Hello Kitty colors and strings. Let the guests put together bracelets that they can take home as party favors.
- Hello Kitty Pinata: fill with treats and hang in your yard.
How a Mom Decorated Her 9-year-old Daughter's Hello Kitty Pary
Places to Get Free Hello Kitty Images and Printables
- Shery K Designs: Free SVG and Printable Hello Kitty Birthday Kit
- Free Hello Kitty Set + Extras | Product Categories | Printabelle
- all things simple: simple celebrations: hello kitty party + printables
- Cinsarah: FREE Pin The Bow On The Hello Kitty Game
- The Vintage Farmhouse: Hello Kitty Party & Free Printables
- Printable Decorations and Invitations from Family Shoppingbag.com
- Sanrio eGoodies
More Hello Kitty Party Ideas
© 2011 onefineday