How to Tie Holiday Ribbons and Gift Wrapping Guide
Bow Picture Ideas: View Each for Different Ribbon and Bow LooksClick thumbnail to view full-size
No gift is finished unless it has a bow. At least in my opinion. A simple bow can transform even a plain box into something special. Tools needed? Just some ribbon, and some knowledge on how to tie it up in different ways.
Ribbon bows can be large, small, flat or very poofy. Ribbons can also be curled or cut, and placed under bows for added dimension. Ribbons can be combined for different looks, for example a wide plain ribbon with a thin shiny metallic ribbon on top. Tie them together for a layered bow.
Make a Large Bow for Impact
- Use wide ribbon
- Use medium or small width ribbon, but with many loop
- Use long ribbon ties and cut in a decorative way
- Use different ribbons together for the loops
Video on How to Make a Large Holdiay Bow
Curl Ribbon for Added Dimension
- Use scissors and lightly pull a ribbon across one blade to curl the ribbon
- Use this curly ribbon as fluff under a bow, or use it by itself around a package
- Mix different lengths and colors for a different effect
- Wide ribbon can be torn in half before curling
Video on How to Curl Ribbon Using Different Methods
Create 3-D Objects Out of Ribbon
- Make flowers out of different ribbons
- Create loops for boxes
- Roll ribbon around objects and tape in place
- Hot glue objects such as buttons or charms to a finished bow for a different look
How to Make Ribbon Flowers to Attach to Gifts and Gift Cards
Ribbon by the Yard
More by this Author
In California, every aspect of serving food to the public is regulated in some fashion or requires a license of some kind. If you are looking to start a food-based service business in California, here are some things to...
Christmas decorating isn't complete until the stockings are up for Santa. Here are some great links for creating your own Christmas stockings for the season.
You don't need a special embroidery machine to do machine embroidery. Machine embroidery can be done with a standard sewing machine. Here are the steps to complete the task.
No comments yet.