Holiday in Turkey-Ten things to do in Istanbul
Holidays in Turkey
If you are planning to travel to Turkey or booking your summer holiday,put the beautiful and stunning Istanbul on the list of places you must visit.The European Capital of Culture for 2010 is a place bustling with people and a melting pot of religions, Istanbul is a city with an illustrious history and still with many more secrets for you to embrace and discover.
Ten Things You Must do in Istanbul
1. There is not much blue about the Blue Mosque from the outside but this Ottoman mosque is a must see, and once inside you can admire the magic of its ornate interior,including the thousands of blue tiles and huge stained-glass windows.
2. Visit the Spice Bazzar.Here you will find many delightful edibles, as well as many other goods such as clothing and jewellery.
3. Sail from Europe to Asia.Hopping between continents is easy boats boats leave every 15 minutes from Kabastas to Uskudar, With trips costing as little as £1.
4. Admire the mosaics, and sheer splendour of the Aya Sofia, Turkey's must famous and grandest monument.
5. Sample real Turkish Delight at the shop where it all began.Ali Muhiddin Haci Bekir is the original shop where this original sweet dessert was invented
6.Relax and enjoy an authentic Turkish bath at Cemberlitas Hamam.An ideal way to refresh yourself in this busy city.
7. Explore the the delightfully splendid Topkapi Palace.If you can, arrive early and go straight to the Harem.Here it is limited to a certain amount of visitors, so you will avoid any waiting.
8. Dine out in style with some of the finest food at the Topaz, a fabulous restaurant which is sited on a hill and overlooking the Dolmabahce Palace.
9. Spend a day exploring the super laid -back Princes Islands.These nine tiny islands are located about about 10 miles southeast of the Istanbul centre.Motor vehicles are not permitted on these islands, so everyone walks or rents a bicycle or the splendid horse-drawn carriages.
10.Take time out to catch the Whirling Dervishes, as they perform their dance rituals at the Hodjapasha Culture Centre.
- The Coolest Ray-Ban Sunglasses
So which are the coolest sunglasses?Wayfarers or Aviators? Either way Ray-Bans are the winners as they design both brands. For many they are a must have item, they are not the cheapest sunglasses. and most...
- 10 Unusual Festivals in Italy - Umbria/Tuscany Holid...
Parading at the Palio della Balestra in Sansepolcro The quite, peaceful and rural slopes of the Upper Tiber Valley, in the shadows of the Apennine Mountains are home to a number of unusual festas throughout...
- Holiday in Turkey-Ten things to do in Istanbul
If you are planning to travel to Turkey or booking your summer holiday,put the beautiful and stunning Istanbul on the list of places you must visit.The European Capital of Culture for 2010 is a place...
- Holidays in Mexico-Ten things to do in the Mayan Ri...
For anyone planning a holiday to Mexico, the exciting and vibrant Mayan Riviera is a fantastic holiday experience all year round.Situated 42 miles south of Cancun ,most of the splendid hotels are situated...
- Holidays in Italy-Ten things to do in Tuscany
If you are planning a holiday to Italy.A visit to Tuscany is a must for your holiday planner. The food and stunning landscapes alone would make this a holiday in paradise.Think of Tuscany and Florence and...
More by this Author
Money has dominated football for sometime now. Here are my favourite football quotes on how money plays a part in the game
Here are many great snooker quotes from the great players.Champions Steve Davis Ronnie O'Sullivan and Alex Higgins.
Alex Higgins was a snooker legend. To his fans he will always be remembered as the peoples champion. Her are a few things the world of snooker have said about Alex Higgins.