Holidays and Celebrations Template
Happy Holiday Hubbing!
Holiday Hubs can become wildly successful, especially via social media channels as the holidays approach. As you begin to draft your holiday Hub, consider the reasons why many readers search for holiday-related subjects.
Most people interested in perusing holiday-related articles are looking for:
- Decorating inspiration
- Holiday recipes and crafts
- Ideas for fun holiday activities
- Historical information related to holidays
- Holidays and their religious implications
- Dealing with difficult holidays
- Holidays and family issues
Do not Underestimate the Power of the First Photo
A few Things Holiday Hub Readers Love
Given that many people who read holiday Hubs are looking for ideas, inspiration, and holiday-related information and advice, Hubs on this subject that do particularly well tend to include:
- Lots and lots of images
- Recipes and craft how-tos
- Activity guides
- References to specific holiday facts and links to sites containing more information
- Even more images
Holiday Hubs Benefit From Having MANY PhotosClick thumbnail to view full-size
Let Your Readers Get Involved!
You might ask them what their favorite element of a particular holiday or celebration might beSee results without voting
Perks Accompanying the Poll Capsule
By asking for reader insights through the Poll Capsule, you can...
- Enable your readers to feel more involved
- Keep readers from clicking away
- Obtain an idea of what readers are most interested about with regard to a particular holiday (and get inspiration for future Hubs)
- Add some humor
- Gather data to include as fun stats in your Hub
Thumnail View Works Great for Holiday HubsClick thumbnail to view full-size
Why Photos Matter so Much in Holiday Hubs
- They make your Hub attractive and alluring
- They encourage readers to pin images from your Hub on Pinterest (which can turn out to be a huge source of traffic!)
- They provide excellent inspiration
- Photos, when viewed through the slideshow mode, can keep readers with you for even longer periods of time
Keep Those Photos Coming
Tables Aren't Just for Personal Finance Hubs
Themed costume party
Gift exchange party
Themed scavenger hunt
Always Properly Use and Attribute Photos
Not Sure if you are Using Others' Photos Properly?
We have a convenient guide to image use and citation in the Learning Center. Be sure to check it out!
How to Give Your Hub More of a Competitive Edge
To give your Hub the best possible odds of seeing long-term, sustained success, we recommend:
- Including information that cannot be found elsewhere online
- Providing more information and media in this Hub than any of the other top search results related to your Hub's subject
- Referring to concrete facts, figures, dates, and people
- Linking to additional useful resources
Why not Finish With a Video?
If readers make it to the bottom of your Hub, you have already done a pretty good job at keeping them with you (online readers are notorious for having short attention spans).
Should you provide a relevant, high-quality video (ideally by yourself, though perhaps by one of your favorite online video creators or an authority on the subject you're addressing), you might keep readers with you even longer.
You can also increase the amount of time people spend on your page by inviting them to respond to a particular question by leaving a comment.
Add More Ideas via Video
More by this Author
A good title is the most important part of writing a Hub. Of course your Hub has to be informative, well-written, and better than the competition to succeed, but if you have all of those elements and a poor title, you...
Choose a good title. A good title is the most important part of writing a Hub. Of course your Hub has to be informative, well-written, and better than the competition to succeed, but if you have all of those elements...
Hubs addressing issues related to health need to go above and beyond to prove that they are providing safe, trustworthy information. Some ideas for a strong, polished start include: A thought-provoking or interesting...