Honoring Mom on Mothers Day When Mom Is Gone
Mom is gone...
Everyone wishes mom could stay with us forever and ever. Your mother is one of a kind and knows you better then you know yourself. She's been there through thick and thin, and even though she's passed on now, it's still important to remember her on mothers day.
This is especially true if you have recently let mom go, or if you have young children whom have lost their mom. It's also a great way to be thankful for what the world has given you, a wonderful woman known only as Mom.
Celebrating Mothers Day When Mom is Gone...
If mom is gone, it might not be as easy to think about things you can do to celebrate her memory on mothers day. So to help you out, I would like to offer some ideas.
1. Help Another Mother - Your own mother might be gone, but there are millions of mothers out there who could use your care and concern on mothers day. You could visit a mom who you know is going to be alone for mothers day, or you might seek out a mother who has lost her child. You could get something for your aunt, or visit a shelter and bring some cheer to the mothers there. This is a great way to honor mom, because she would be glad to look down and see that she taught you to be kind, giving, thoughtful and creative. Think of her as you bring some love and joy into the world of another mother on mothers day.
2. Visit Her Grave - Visit her grave and spend some time just chatting with her spirit. Just because she's gone, doesn't mean she doesn't want you to talk with her and spend time with her.
3. Look At Old Pictures/Watch Home Videos - If mom is gone, then you can honor her memory by keeping her memory alive in your heart. Of course you'll never forget about your mom. Though your life is busy and by dedicating a specific day to her memory, you will make sure that she stays strong and fresh in your memory.
4. Visit Dad - I know the statistics say that women usually outlive men, but in the instances where dad outlives mom, he could really use some extra love and support. Why not remember mom by helping to make sure the man she married is well taken care of?
5. Name A Star After Her - Many ancients believed that when we died, we turned into the stars in the sky. No one says this was impossible and it can be a reality for you, if you name a star after her on mothers day. Just make sure to look up at it every mothers day in the future.
More by this Author
STOP! Before you open up an unruly can of worms with your ebook project, make sure you stop and read this in depth hub about hiring eBook Ghostwriters.
A man born under the sun sign of Cancer is a very complex machine indeed. He has an intense love for the fine culinary arts, a hatred of instability and complete inability to be decisive make him a wonder to behold for...
How to lance a dental abscess by yourself, as a form of pain relief, before seeing a dentist to cure the basic problem.