Hot Halloween Make-up Tutorials
Halloween is my favorite holiday. It's because it is the one day that your imagination is free to run wild. Anything goes. Well, almost.
For as far back as I can remember, I've always marveled at really good make-up tricks. I can only remember once when I purchased a mask for my kids for Halloween. The rest of the time, I applied make-up transforming them into:
- a witch and a vampire
- Princess Leia and Luke Skywalker.
- I transformed my cousin's husband into Darth Maul that year.
- Pink Panther
- Old woman
- Transformed a male friend into a female for the night.
I'm really excited about all of the characters that will be hot for Halloween 2010. This year you'll see kids and adults dressing up as Avatar, Mad Hatter and the Queen of Hearts.
Make-up Tutorials Online
You can find lots of make-up tutorials online. Some of them will make you chuckle. If you're wanting to watch someone who is easy to understand, and creates professional results while using things you have around the house, Kandee Johnson is one of the best I've seen.
I have compiled three Kandee Johnson make-up tutorials that I think illustrate this year's hottest Halloween costume ideas.
It's not too early to start shopping around for items to use in your costume this year. Shopping early helps to ensure you have time to compare for the best prices and take advantage of some real bargain shopping.
For clothing items, watch garage sales during the summer months. You'll be able to find lots of suits, ties, wigs, hats and other items to incorporate into your outfit.
Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland Queen of Hearts Make-up by Candee Johnson
Mad Hatter Make-up by Candee Johnson
Avatar Make-up by Candee Johnson
If you've never dabbled much with theatrical make-up or Halloween make-up, you really want to experiment with it a bit before committing to wearing it an entire day. People with sensitive skin or a lot of allergies should be particularly cautious.
Some quick tips:
- It's a good idea to read labels. Make sure you know what it is that you're putting on your face. Make sure you're not allergic to any of the ingredients.
- Try the make-up on a very small area to see if you develop any type of reaction to it. You want to know it before you apply it to large areas. Know ahead of time what to do if you do develop a reaction to it.
- Always apply make-up to clean dry skin unless you're told to apply some type of base coat.
- Be particularly careful around your eyes. Make sure the make-up is designed for the eye area.
- Experiment with color combinations and blending. Bristle paint brushes and foam paint brushes can be used for blending.
- It's never a good idea to share make-up with someone. Buy several smaller sizes rather than sharing one bigger one.
- After you're sure you're not allergic to the make-up, try wearing it for a few hours at a time. See if is prone to coming off or you find it too heavy or irritating. You may have to adjust things. Trying switching brands or from creams to powders.
- Be sure to wear old clothing when practicing. Greasier make-up often stains and will not come out of clothes.
- Always clean your face thoroughly after removing the make-up.
- Don't forgot to write down combinations that you like or recipes for colors so that you can duplicate the look again.
- Take photos!
More Great Halloween and Fall Hubs by KCC Big Country
- Teen Party Ideas for the Fall
I have a late November birthday and I remember growing up thinking all the really cool kids had June-July-August birthdays. They are the ones who got to plan parties anywhere in the world because everything...
- Halloween Costume Ideas for Adults
Have you ever noticed that adult Halloween costumes or the 'one size fits most" adult costumes seem to be designed for 12 year old flat-chested girls around 4 ft. tall? What do you do if you're over 5 feet...
- Halloween Infant Costumes
Both of my children had early November birthdays so that meant they were almost 1 year old when Halloween rolled around. This also meant both of my children were already walking by their first Halloween. I...
- Updating my Corn Maze Directory for 2010
An Awesome Corn Maze-Locate one near you! I'm working on updating the following Corn Maze Directory for 2010. If you, or someone you know, will be hosting a corn maze in the fall of 2010, drop me an email...
- Corn Mazes in Canada
Autumn, or Fall, is one of my favorite times of year. The leaves begin to turn to beautiful orange, red, and golds. There is a crispness in the air that is refreshing. This makes the fall a great time for...
- Halloween Costume Ideas to Wear to Work
Go as Dominoes for Halloween I've been fortunate to work for employers who enjoy giving back to the community and enjoy the fun of Halloween. One employer participated in hosting a trick-or-treating event...
- Real Haunted Hotels in San Antonio
If you've read many of my hubs, you'll know that I have an appreciation for architecture, Texas travel, and haunted places. When you combine these interests, you'll understand why I find the topic of...
- Haunted Houses in Texas
Haunted Houses seem to be sprouting up everywhere in Texas. When I was growing up they were few and far between, and to be honest, they weren't very good. Today's haunted houses are loaded with...
More by this Author
Are you looking for some Halloween costume ideas for a group of people? Here are some great ideas for group Halloween themes.
Looking for some last-minute Halloween costume ideas to wear to work? I have lots of cute ideas.
A fascinating look at Beatrice Wood, the woman James Cameron modeled Rose Dewitt Bukater Calvert after in the movie "Titanic".