5 Romantic Ideas at home For Valentine's Day
Participate This Valentine's Day Poll
What do you do on Valentine's Day?See results without voting
My Valentine's Day Before and After Marriage
Pretty soon, it is Valentine's Day. It is a day for the guys to rip their wallets apart while the ladies, it is a day to start complaining how their Valentine's Day were spent in the previous year.
Every year during this time of the year, my best buddy would drop by my house for a cup of tea. I am often asked," How was your Valentine's Day? What did you get?". My answer is "Nothing." because when couples are still single, dating and so deep in love, every day is Valentine's Day. True enough to be stamped into my diary. Ask around your single friends. You will be envious of their sweet and lovely Valentine's Day which are similar to yours when you were single and dating back then.
After you are married, husband will give you many excuses on Valentine's Day, Birthdays and Wedding Anniversaries. It might sound alarming but it is the actual fact that most couples face these days. We continued to chat about Valentine's Day and found out that men are always at lost on how to spend on this special day especially when everyone is tight on budget while cost of living has hike up instead.
We end up with some realistic solutions to this problem and here are some tips that I would like to share on how to spend Valentine's Day in a Tight Budget Way.
All you need is love. But a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt.— Charles M. Schulz
Japanese Green tea for health
Green tea is healthy, better than the normal dry tea as it is oxidant and less caffeine.
This is 100% Japanese green tea, worth to dry seeping than local branded tea.
It is packed in convenient tea bags but don't soak the tea bag not more than 5 minutes.
Otherwise it will taste bitter.
In addition, don't pour boiling hot water over the tea. Allow the boiling water to rest for 5 minutes before using it.
This green tea is very flavorful, addition of Maccha, to enhance the taste.
Great cuppa green tea to chat over Valentine cookies!
1) Afternoon Tea
- Some men love to have afternoon tea in fancy restaurant even though it is just a cup of tea or coffee, chat the whole afternoon occupying the table just to show off to his friends or sweetheart that his taste and preference are high and expensive.
- In my opinion, these men are nothing but an empty shell.
- The truth is, you can spend a lovely Valentine's Day at the comfort of your very own home with your spouse , boyfriend or girlfriend over a cup of tea too.
- Anyway, it is important for you to know what he or she likes to drink, which brand, how much sugar or cream he or she prefers and what cookies, bread, muffins or cakes he or she loves to eat.
- Prepare the beverages and food in advance, before the Valentine's Day, in order to beat last minute havoc which might turnout a bad impression.
- Bake one day ahead and keep the food in airtight container to ensure the freshness, crispy and crunchiness.
- I always consider getting ready a nice little gift would be beneficial in order to increase the feeling of love when you show it to your sweetheart at the right moment.
- Thereto, you get to save money and spend as much time as you want with your sweetheart, chatting over whatever topics under the sun.
Great DVD Movies to Watch at Home
2) Watch a Movie Together
- Nowadays, movie tickets price have hike up instead of maintaining the same price because more couples prefer to spend their money in the dark cinema, cool and loud speakers installed, great 3D gadget to wear on, vibrating armchairs to feel the special effects and not forgetting the popcorns, snacks and carbonated drinks to indulge in.
- Come to think of it, watching a movie could cost you at least $40 -$50 for a couple, excluding the transportation fee.
- Needless to say, if the movie isn't your cup of tea, both of you will be cursing and swearing when the movie ends.
- From my point of view, you might as well catch as many movies or dramas as you want with your spouse, boyfriend or girlfriend at the comfort of your home.
- Both of you ought to discuss and decide what movie to watch, plug in your hi-fi home theater to your computer and watch online if your internet speed is fast and smooth.
- You still get the same cool, loud audio effect as the cinema while you may adjust the volume as you like.
- Furthermore, you can change the movie if your spouse or partner finds it dull or boring.
- If you want a dark room, draw up the curtains, turn off the lights,shut the doors turn on the air-cond.
- Thanks to advance internet technology and fast broadband speed, you can watch movie online or download them into your hard drive if you plan to watch it all over again. If the broadband speed in your country is as slow as a snail, download the movies a few days before Valentine's Day.
- Otherwise, you could purchase the DVD movies online, at media shops or even get your friends to help you to download some of them.
- As for the snacks and beverages, purchase them online stores or any nearby supermarket. When you are out shopping, do consider the nutritional value at the back of the snack packages.
- Avoid salty or high in fats food. Replace chips with dried fruits or dried vegetables, carbonated drinks with non-sugar drinks.
- Alternatively, prepare your own healthy snacks such as sandwiches, baked chips, oat cookies or salads.
- Thereto, ensure that your couch is comfy, provide a couple of cushions to hug on and a wastepaper basket nearby to dump the trash. I am sure you wouldn't want to clean up a messy room after a movie.
- Conclusion is, it is great to catch your favorite movie at home with your spouse or partner, laugh as loud as you want, grab his or her arms when you are afraid and cry as freely as your heart yearns to !
- Free movie, no transportation fee and healthy food and beverages. Enjoy your movie !
For it was not into my ear you whispered, but into my heart. It was not my lips you kissed, but my soul.
— Judy Garland
3) Dance to your Favourite Song
- There is nothing silly or weird about dancing to your favorite song at home or any suitable venue.
- Otherwise, you could hand out at clubs, discos or parties too, join the crowds to feel the joy of dancing with your partner.
- Anyway, it is essential for you to know what song or music your sweetheart love to listen to.
- Take notice of his or her hints, comments regarding the song when he or she happens to stumble upon. Ask indirectly for the song title, who is the artiste and what album.
- Search through the internet to download the song in MP3 or WAV format as most handphones, laptops are able to accept these formats.
- If it is a classic love song or musical instruments, slow dance shouldn't be difficult for both of you. However, if it is a hip-hop, heavy metal or fast pace song, I guess you need to practice the dance steps a few weeks earlier or made up your own moves instead.
- Choose the right time, right location to play his or her favorite song.
- Invite for a dance. Even if your partner decline your offer, insist on the dance because this is the only chance for both of you to feel physically closer, immerse yourselves into the song, listen to the lyrics, let your heart beat to the tempo.
- When you are at home, dance to your favorite song after a meal or when both of you are out of topics to talk about.
- If you are outside, choose a suitable place with the right song, the right mood. Depending on your partner's nature, be it shy or bold, I would suggest the playground, an open field, on the beach, by the seaside, community centre or in the pubs.
- Eventually, the little magic charged between both of you will build up in a fast pace.
- Best opportunity to communicate each other in a better way, let your feelings flow freely.
- Express yourself to your partner in a more delicate, romantic way.
Romantic dinner 2
Quick and Easy Dinner Ideas
- Easy Easter Dinner Recipes-Roasting
Looking for a quick and easy dinner for this coming Easter? In this article, you will find delicious meat dishes that use the roasting method to ease your trouble. There are lamb, pork and chicken.
- Healthy Chicken Pot Roast For Holidays
Looking for a healthy meal for the family? Here is a simple and easy chicken pot roast recipe for the family, mix all ingredients into a pot and simmer till they are cooked.
- Easy Romantic Recipe For Two: Seafood Tom Yam Spaghetti
Looking for a simple spaghetti recipe for a romantic dinner for two? Try this Seafood Tom Yam Spaghetti, a simple romantic dinner recipe for two person which is healthy and easy to cook in 30minutes
4) Candlelight Dinner and a Simple Dinner
Are you having problems getting the right restaurant to dine with your sweetheart?
Are you able to pay for the Valentine's Day meal package with the service charge, government tax and unforeseen food or beverages add in later on?
How long are you going to wait for the next course to be serve when the restaurant is pack with many hungry patrons waiting for their orders too?
I have been one candlelight dinner at a fancy restaurant back then, when I was still dating with my to-be husband. It took us two hours to finish the whole course which included some unpleasant experiences.
- Forget about spending a few hundred bucks in this fancy expensive meal. It is not worth to dine in crowded restaurant and boast to your friends that you had been there.
- You might as well plan what dinner you wish to have with your sweetheart at home, at your own pace and the whole venue belongs to both of you,alone.
- First and foremost, you need to find out what your sweetheart loves to have for dinner. Survey through various food websites for the quick and easy methods to prepare the meal.
- Choose the meal with the least ingredients and the shortest cooking time. You wouldn't want to end up burning the meal while your sweetheart is waiting at the doorstep with a bottle of wine in one hand ( I had seen this scene in Mr.Bean animated clips ).
- Jot down all the ingredients, sauces required and the step by step method into your organizer or hand phone for your own convenience.
- Next, make your shopping trip at the most nearest supermarket or grocery store. Do not delay your time by choosing which brand , comparing the prices because you should have done your homework at home while searching through the websites.
- Remember to check the expiry date and read the labels correctly.
- When you are back home, start the food preparation and whip up the dinner by following closely the step by step method you had previously jotted down or downloaded.
- The whole process needs at least one and a half hour to two hours. Hence, you should work out your time schedule beforehand.
- Place a beautiful tablecloth over the dining table, arrange the plates, cutlery, napkins, a box of tissue and a chandler with lit candles.
- Of course, you need to take a shower and dress up in your best attire for your sweetheart to see, right? Prepare a stalk of rose if your partner is a lady, a romantic song at the background if your partner is a gentleman.
- Do ensure that the food is still kept warm. Serve food with a couple of glass wine ( grape wine is cheap and taste wonderful too.)
- Oh yes.. do switch off the lights since it is a candlelight dinner.
I found this cheap little nut online.
It is engraved with little sweet words to show my appreciation and love for my hubby.
He loved it very much, put it on his working desk and I even left a little note in it.
5) Leave Little Notes around the House
- Leaving sweet little notes around the house will brighten up your spouse/partner on Valentine's Day. Just simple mushy cheesy words are sufficient to make him/her feel needed and appreciated.
- Try putting little notes at several hidden places where your spouse/partner will see easily, especially in the bedroom, bathroom, wardrobe.
- Leave a little note under his/her pillow, on the table lamp , slippers or something that he/she used everyday such as spectacles or laptop.
- How about leaving love notes on his/her favorite drinks or breakfast meal.
© 2012 peachy
More by this Author
Valentine's Day gives you the greatest opportunity to express your feelings to your love ones. You use love poems, sayings or quotes in your greeting cards or simply text the messages to get instant response.
Valewntine's Day quotes help many people to show their feelings easily. Best of all, you don't have to burn the midnight oil, writing out poems or love letters to your love ones.
People celebrate birthdays every year, hoping that someone among friends or family members would remember this special occasion. Create a birthday card that has a popup feature with an adhesive birthday cake picture or...