Hydraulic Log Splitter Gift Idea
For many of us, the task of gathering, cutting and stacking firewood is a time-honored tradition. Since man first discovered the magic of the open flame, we have harnessed its energy to warm our bodies when we are cold, and cook our food when we are hungry. The thing is, a fire consumes wood, and early on man discovered small limbs and twigs are good for starting a fire, but they burn up rather quickly. Consequently, large trees burn for a long time, but they are impossible to put on a fire, let alone in a fireplace or wood burning stove. Today’s solution to this enduring problem is, use a hydraulic log splitter, split the large limbs and trunks of trees into manageable pieces of wood, fuel our fire pits, wood burners, fireplaces and wood burning cook stoves.
Log Splitters Pay for Themselves many times over
Enjoy exercising as you split firewood
Splitting firewood is good exercise
OK, I realize that splitting firewood for some of us is a good source of exercise, all we want or need to use is an ax, splitting wedge or maul.
For a small amount of firewood, that needs splitting using the old splitting wedge and maul method works OK, but for several pick-up truckloads of hardwoods. For the rest of us more concerned with keeping the home fires burning, than exercising without going to the gym. That dog won’t hunt.
We have better things to do with our time, and we want to make it as easy as possible, save time and use a hydraulic log splitter.
Best selling vertical wood splitter
Vertical log splitters are worth the investment
- Hydraulic Wood splitters are available in several different styles and sizes. Vertical log splitters make it much easier to split large diameter pieces of firewood before loading them on to a truck or trailer.
- Vertical wood splitters do not require the operator to lift heavy pieces of wood above his or her waste.
- Simply roll large pieces of firewood underneath the splitting wedge mounted to the hydraulic cylinder ram.
- Place large diameter bits of firewood on the splitter’s base plate, resting firmly on the ground.
- Operator only needs to pull the control lever engaging the hydraulic cylinder ram.
- Stand in a safe place, and keep an eye on the splitting wedge force its way through the firewood.
Split firewood stacks easier,takes up less storage space, and burns better
Small pieces of firewood stack better making loading a truck and trailer easier, dry faster, which everyone knows makes the wood burn better leaving fewer deposits in your flue or chimney, and just in case that is not important enough, requires fewer trips from the house to the woods and back again. Which I think you will agree, saves time, money and frustrations.
Save the ax for making kindling, use a hydraulic log splitter, Mike.
The author of this publication, Mike Teddleton owns the copyright to Hydraulic Log Splitter Gift Idea.The rights to publish this article in print or online can only be granted by contacting me the author in writing. You may use the intro and link back to the article directing the reader back to my post here at HubPages where they may find the story in its entirety
Check-out these great gift ideas
- Gift ideas under $20 should include charcoal chimney starter
- Hunting For Unique Gift Ideas for Deer Hunters
- Christmas gift ideas should include barbecue and grilling gifts
- Drill Doctor Sharpener Makes Great Gifts
- Woodworking gift ideas should include a table saw
- Top 5 smokin hot Christmas gift ideas whitetail deer hunters want
- Hydraulic wood log splitter makes a great gift idea
- Paslode cordless finish nail guns are great gift ideas for the craftsman
- Best gifts ideas, BBQ smokers deliver christmas presents all year
- Double Bull portable blinds make the best turkey hunting blinds gift Ideas for all occasions
More by this Author
Selecting the best trim saw blade for cutting trim and moldings is easy when you understand these important saw blade facts
Discover the Top 5 Christmas gift ideas whitetail deer hunters want
Discover why the Bosch Colt Palm Router will soon be your favorite DIY woodworking project, power tool.