July Fourth Celebration Recipes
Beef Barbecue Sandwiches
Nothing is better to me than a Beef Barbecue Sandwich loaded with delicious barbecue beef! I like adding sliced pickles and rings of onions on mine. It is made using a chuck roast, this recipe you boil the meat, but you could also roast it if you prefer.
It is great for a big family or a crowd. You can double the recipe if you need more! Great party food! Let's party!
- 6 pounds chuck roast
- 2 cups onion, chopped
- 2 cups beef broth, from cooked roast
- 1/2 cup butter, 1 stick
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons vinegar
- 2 tablespoons dry mustard
- 32 ounce bottle ketchup
- 6 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- salt and black pepper to taste
- Tabasco sauce to taste
- hamburger buns
- Boil meat in pot until tender.
- Pour broth into a separate container and let the meat cool. (you will need 2 cups)
- When the meat is cool, remove bones and fat, then shred the meat with your hands. (wash hands)
- Put the meat back into the pot and add all remaining ingredients.
- Let simmer for about 1 ½ hours.
- Warm buns slightly and add meat.
- Now you are ready to eat!
Easy Baked Corn on Cob
I have always either boil my corn or recently as I have gotten older and lazier, cook it in the good old microwave. Either way, you have to cut the end off cob, un-shuck it and worst of all try to get all the corn silks picked off of each corn on the cob you are cooking.
Corn is at a cheap price right now I got six ears for $1 and then thought, oh I have to go through all the steps to get it ready to eat. I started searching for an easy no brainer way to do it that turns out a delicious results. Guess what, I found one!
Go to grocery store and buy as many ears as you want, as many as will fit in your oven from one to a bunch!
- Next just rinse them good, no you do not need to soak them for 30 minutes or however long.
- I get my kitchen scissors and trim the tops of them so there are not shucks hanging down or silks sticking out.
- Preheat oven to 350 degree.
- You do not need a pan, just the oven rack!
- Pile in as many as you need to cook, making sure they are not touching.
- Bake for 40 minutes.
- Pull the shuck back and the silks just slide off, so easy, you can use the shuck as a handle if you like.
- Eat away, enjoy!
Avocado Pico de Gallo
- 1 ripe avocado
- 2 medium tomatoes
- ¼ of medium onion
- 2 tablespoons picante, or similar hot sauce
- ½ to 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Chop avocado, tomatoes, and onion very fine.
- Add hot sauce, oil, vinegar, salt and black pepper.
- Mix well.
- Use as a dip and serve with corn chips or spoon mixture in a hot flour tortilla, roll up and turn up one end to prevent dripping.
How to Make a Flag Cake
Easy Baked Beans
Baked beans are a delicious side to just about any meal. I use canned pork and beans to make them, so they are quick to put together and get cooking in the oven. Enjoy!
- 2- 16 ounce cans pork and beans in tomato sauce
- 4 slices bacon
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- ½ cup onion, chopped
- Cook bacon crisp; save 2 tablespoons of bacon grease, crumble the bacon.
- Cook onion in drippings until tender.
- Mix bacon onion mixture with rest of ingredients.
- Bake, uncovered, in 1 ½ quart casserole dish at 325 degrees Fahrenheit for 1 ½ to 1 ¾ hours.
- Serves 6.
Italian Red Potato Salad
Red potatoes are my favorite type of potato, they have a firm moist texture. They are great for making potato salad.
This salad has the Italian dressing but you could, delete it and add mayonnaise. There are so many ways to make potato salad but I wanted to share this delicious one with you.
- 2 pounds red potatoes, boiled
- ½ cup Italian dressing, oil and vinegar
- ¼ cup red onions, chopped
- ½ teaspoon fresh dill weed
- Cut boiled potatoes into bite-size pieces.
- Combine salad dressing, onions and dill weed.
- Pour over potatoes and toss.
- Refrigerate until well chilled.
Bacon Deviled Eggs
Deviled eggs are always popular at our house, they do not last long, the grand kids love them. I like to add the real bacon bits to my deviled eggs, it takes them to another level and are so yummy.
Do the deviled eggs ahead of time so the flavors can blend! Thanks for cookin' with Grannie!
- 10- hard-boiled eggs, remove shells
- 4 tablespoons real bacon bits or 4- slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 green onion, use the whole onion
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1/3 cup or more mayonnaise
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- paprika, sprinkle on top
- After cooking, peeling and cooling eggs, cut in half lengthwise; remove the egg yolk.
- Place the egg yolks in a bowl and mash.
- Add the mustard and mayonnaise, mash until it is a smooth paste.
- Add green onion, real bacon bits, black pepper, and salt; mix.
- Stuff each egg white half with filling.
- If desired, sprinkle with paprika.
- Chill covered for at least 3 hours before serving.
- Makes 20 deviled eggs.
Luscious Banana Pudding
Luscious Banana Pudding is made scrumptious by using Pecan Sandies cookies and adding cream cheese and cool whip to an ordinary banana pudding to make it a luscious banana pudding!
- 1 package Pecan Sandies cookies (pecan, shortbread cookie)
- 1 3-ounce instant French vanilla pudding
- 1 3-ounce instant banana pudding
- 1 ¾ cups milk
- 2 bananas, sliced
- 8-ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 small Cool Whip
- Mix up the French vanilla pudding and banana pudding in two separate bowls using ¼ cup less milk than the directions give.
- In a glass dish layer whole pecan cookies covering the bottom of the dish.
- Put a layer of French vanilla pudding, a layer of sliced bananas and layer of banana pudding. Repeat layers until the puddings, bananas and cookies are gone.
- Top with a creamed mixture of cream cheese, sugar, and Cool Whip.
Punch Bowl Cake
Looking for a quick, dessert that can be casual or elegant, look no further!
Make this delicious and stunning Punch Bowl Cake. Do not plan on having any leftover. You may buy a store bought angel food cake, but I buy a box mix and bake myself, I think it makes it even yummier!
- 1 angel food cake, baked
- 1- 8 ounce cream cheese, softened
- 1- 5 ounce evaporated milk
- 1 cup water
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1- 3 ounce box strawberry Jello
- 16 ounces frozen strawberries
- Cool Whip or heavy whipped cream
- Break angel food cake into small pieces, place into punch bowl.
- Mix the cream cheese, evaporated milk and one-half cup of the sugar.
- Leave the cream cheese curdled ( in pieces or lumpy).
- Pour over pieces of angel food cake.
- Mix one cup of sugar, one cup of water and three tablespoons cornstarch.
- Cook until thick and clear.
- Add strawberry Jello, let cool.
- Add strawberries.
- Pour over angel food cake pieces.
- Top with Cool Whip or heavy whipped cream whipped with ½ cup of sugar.
- May top with fresh strawberries if you desire.
- Chill for several hours before serving.
Does your family have a firework display for Fourth of July?See results without voting
Please Rate July Fourth Recipes!
Check Out These Yummy Recipes!
- Savory Summer Salad Recipes
Here is a collections of some of my favorite Savory Summer Salad Recipes, from cucumbers to okra! Pick your favorite!
- Let’s Party! The Best Appetizers And Snack Recipes!
Let’s party, with these addicting cheesy sausage, caramelized Vidalia onions, Guacamole and veggie pizza dips and snacks recipes!
- Finger Lickin' Buttermilk Fried Chicken
Come on into my kitchen and we will fry up some Finger Lickin' Buttermilk Fried Chicken! Best ever homemade crispy, tender and moist fried chicken! Get your napkin ready for some finger lickin'!
- We All Scream For Ice-Cream Recipes! | Delishably
We All Scream for Ice-Cream Recipes! There is nothing better than homemade ice-cream. What's your favorite? Vanilla, chocolate, strawberry, peanut butter or Big Red for the kids!
© 2016 Margie Lynn
More by this Author
Need a gift for someone, give a homemade food gift, we all love to eat! The Christmas holiday or any occasion is a wonderful time to give a food gift to the person that has everything!
Check out these recipes to help plan your Thanksgiving meal. Stuffing, dressing, sweet potatoes, dinner rolls, cranberry relish, pumpkin whoopie pies and much more! Happy Thanksgiving!
- 1Mrs. Field's Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookie Recipe, AKA $250 Cookies: The Best Cookie You Will Ever Eat
Mrs. Field’s, a.k.a. $250 Cookies, are loaded with chocolate chips, chocolate chunks, pecans and oat flour you make in the blender. A recipe you will make many times, scrumptious, make lovely gifts!
Leave comments on Fourth July Celebration Recipe:
No comments yet.