How to make your own Shrunken Head for Halloween
Make your own Shrunken Head.
The Head-hunter tribe of South American, Native Americans, are so-called because of their gruesome methods of treating their enemies severed heads.
With a special secret recipe they preserve and shrink them to the size of an orange.
You can fool your friends by making an imitation shrunken head which will really scare them! Or why not make a whole bunch of them to hang by the hair on a hook on your bedroom wall?
You Will Need
A large orange
Plenty of newspaper
A small packet of wallpaper paste.
Some thick paint, (poster, powder or oil)
Brushes for both paste and paint.
Strong, model making glue.
Wool, or pieces from an old wig for the hair.
Follow these simple steps below....
1) Use some newspaper to cover your table or work-surface, then shred all the rest into small pieces.
2) Make up a large jar or bowl-full of wallpaper paste according to the packet instructions.
3) Soak a few of the paper strips in CLEAN WATER, then press firmly on to the orange until it is completely covered.
4) Brush plenty of paste onto some more strips of paper until they are completely soaked, then press a thick second layer of these on to the orange.
5) Leave in a warm place till quite dry (about three days). Repeat steps 4 and 5 several times. You can give the face a 3D effect by using wads of paper well soaked in paste to build up the nose, chin, brows and cheekbones.
6) When your model has dried after its final layer, cut it in half from chin to crown with a sharp knife. Carefully ease off both halves from the orange.
7) Glue the two halves together and paint the head with thick, yellowish flesh-coloured paint. When this is dry, use a smaller brush to paint on the eyes, lips and nostrils.
8) Finally, glue on plenty of wool or hair to the scalp. Remember-the hair on shrunken heads does not shrink, so the longer you make it the more real it will look.
Credit to "Misty Annual" 1981.
More by this Author
How are you meant to feel when you finally hit 40 years old? Will you feel any different, will you feel depressed? I am about to find out...
Just for fun I thought I would compile a gallery of the worst Santa Claus images I could find on the Internet. I was spurred on to do this after remembering a time as a child that I went into one of those Santa's...
Have you examined your stools / poo lately? Perhaps you should. This article explains what you might see in the toilet, and what it might mean.