Martin Luther King Jr. Day Quotes
Happy Birthday Dr. King
Quotes For MLK Day
I wanted to just put some quotes out today of his just for fun and in honor of someone who had great speaking skills and fought for such good. Considering the political climate these days it is good to remember that much can be achieved through non violent actions and words, and it is important to remember the tragedy and loss that violence brings with it.
- A genuine leader is not a searcher for consensus but a molder of consensus.
- We must learn to live together as brothers or perish together as fools.
- When you are right you cannot be too radical; when you are wrong, you cannot be too conservative.
- We will have to repent in this generation not merely for the vitriolic words and actions of the bad people, but for the appalling silence of the good people.
- Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere
- Love is the only force capable of transforming an enemy into friend.
- Man must evolve for all human conflict a method which rejects revenge, aggression and retaliation. The foundation of such a method is love.
- At the center of non-violence stands the principle of love.
- A nation that continues year after year to spend more money on military defense than on programs of social uplift is approaching spiritual doom.
Many of the things that Martin Luther King Jr. spoke of are at the heart and soul of what is common sense and just for all. I am moved that someone was willing to speak loudly about things that were postive for all and not just for himself.
I truly wish that we had more of this today and it is sad to think that if Mr. King were alive today he may have been labeled apart of the "socialist regime" for the good will, kindness, and equality he fought for.
As neighbors we should all be motivated by love for one another and not just love for our freedoms, freedom is not free if it means we are indifferent toward the pain of our neighbors.
More by this Author
Chronic rib pain is actually quite common ailment, more than people realize. Like all chronic issues it can be difficult and downright depressing trying to find the answer and even when you find an answer it many not be...
Leapfrog Leapsters have been in my household for at least eight years now starting with my ten year old's bulky silver and blue thing that didn't take batteries. We are ardent Leapfrog fans having practically all...
No comments yet.