More Cheap, Creative Halloween Costume Ideas
"Cheap, Creative Halloween Costumes" highlighted twelve ghastly inexpensive costume ideas for people of all ages. Eleven just are not enough. Creativity is at an all-time high, with the likes of Pinterest and more moms stepping up to the crafting plate. This short masterpiece unveils a few more Halloween home runs. Happy haunting!
10 More Creative Halloween Costume Ideas
1. For anyone: Get a poster board (could use a cardboard box, or pieces of paper taped together) and create 5 equally-proportioned boxes (simply put, draw 3 vertical lines on the board, creating columns). Next, in big letters, title each box with a consecutive day of the week (ex: "Monday", "Tuesday", "Wednesday", "Thursday", "Friday"). Underneath the day of the week, draw a picture of what you suppose the weather will be, as seen on television/in the newspaper, such as a sun or a cloud with a lightning bolt and raindrops, or snowflakes. Do this in each box. Add high and low temperatures if desired. Once completed, attach (tape, glue, or use hole punches and string it through) string long enough for it to go over your head. Lastly, dangle the board around your neck. You are now the 5 day forecast! Feel free to make two boards, and have one on your back and one on your front side.
2. For anyone: Get a pig nose from a local store (hobby store or toy store). It should come with string to put around your head for easy wear. Wrap a blanket loosely around your shoulders, or wear a sheet or blanket like a toga or tightly wrapped around your body. You are a pig in a blanket!
3. For the over-worked: Create a task list (real or imaginary) on a simple piece of paper, and attach it (safety pins, or with a string and wear it as a necklace) to the front of your shirt. Get three similarly-sized, small balls (such as hacky sacks or tennis balls). If uncoordinated, do not fret as this is just part of the costume and become a form of entertainment during the course of a party... Attempt to juggle the balls. You are a multi-tasker or a task juggler. Instead of a task list, wear a clock (real or drawn out on a piece of paper) around your neck/on your shirt, and carry juggling balls. You are a time juggler. You could the same with a multitude of items.
4. For the dramatic: Slather on some bronzer and a dash of golden glitter (to your cheeks, hair, and arms). Wear a sleek, sophisticated outfit or a lavish dress (gold-colored works best, but it does not have to be). Or, wear normal, casual clothes, but still use the bronze and glitter. Then, draw on the front of your shirt - or cut out letters or write them on a piece of paper and attach it to your chest - the letters "M" and "E". You are an Emmy Award!
5. For couples or rock star friends: On one person's shirt, draw a staircase. To get fancy with this, you could make a staircase out of cardboard and wear it. Make sure that the stairs are going "up". The second person should wear a white sheet, dress, or all white outfit with a halo on his/her head (to get more creative, you could add golden gates to your shirt, or cotton balls for clouds). Add a little sparkle or glow to the cheeks. Try to stay together, with the stairs on the left, and person in white on the right. You are Stairway to Heaven!
6. For a man with little time/money: If you have shoulder-length hair, this works best for you. You could always buy a wig from a local costume store. Add a little facial hair naturally or with a stick-on from the store. Wear ratty, worn, loose-fitting clothing, such as a pair of plaid shorts or random pants with a loose, white v-neck t-shirt or a sweatshirt. Or, you could layer a zip front sweatshirt (open) over a t-shirt, or a long robe over a white t-shirt and shorts. Wear sandals and get some big, black sunglasses from the local thrift store. Let your hair go - let your natural texture shine with this one. You are the Dude, and "The Dude Abides" (Big Lebowski)!
7. For the kids: Dress your child head to toe in black. Obtain some black, fuzzy fabric and some white, fuzzy fabric from the local craft/hobby store. A scarf could possibly work. Glue a large line of black fuzzy fabric (if doing so for a girl, the fabric could be sparkly) on the front of the shirt. Then, glue some of the white in the same fashion, on the black fabric, but leave about an inch or two of the black fabric along the edges. As in, it should be a white patch of fabric with black fabric lining the edges vertically. Gather some of the black fabric into a ball, and attach it to the middle bottom of the back of the shirt (as a tail). For an added effect, glue a string of the black fabric to the bottom rim of the pants, and to the cuffs of the sleeves, and make ears using both colors. Your child is a skunk! If time or money does not allow, skip the black fabric on the chest and just use the white fabric on a black shirt.
8. For anyone: Wear blue jeans and shoes, and a red and white striped sweater. If able to, find round glasses from a local thrift store and a red and white striped hat. If unable to find a hat, one could easily be made with paper. You are Waldo from "Where's Waldo"!
9. For couples: One person should dress in primarily yellow, and the other primarily in red. Find or make corresponding hats (pointed would be best). Wearing a bright sweatshirt and padding it with a pillow would definitely add to this idea. Or, wear a yellow t-shirt with yellow shorts and socks (have the person in red do the same). Grab a white piece of paper or fabric and write "ketchup" on one and "mustard" on the other, and attach to the front of your shirts (ketchup for the person in red, mustard for the one in yellow). You two are Ketchup and Mustard!
10. For couples: Dress similarly in color. Buy one white and one black beret (or two white/two black) from the local hobby store (or thrift store). Create an "S" and a "P" on a small piece of fabric and attach it to the front of your shirt. Or, draw an "S" on the front of a white t-shirt, and a "P" on the front of another. Add on any extras, such as some cotton balls around the waist of the "S" person, and crumpled brown lunch bags around the waist of the "P" person. You are now salt and pepper!
- Cheap, Creative Halloween Costumes
11 Original (inexpensive) ideas for Halloween costume fun!
- 10 Easy Last Minute Halloween Costumes Ideas
Need a quick last-minute Halloween costume? Make one cheap with items you have at home. Homemade costumes like black eyed peas, white trash, and cereal killer will be a hit at your Halloween party.
Boo is in the eye of the booholder
Being creative in your attire can help lead to fantastic moments and memories. Open your mind, search your house, and keep your eyes and ears open when walking the aisles of your local store. You never know what you may discover! Have fun, and do not be scared to be different.
More by this Author
Witty, yet serious. Sincere, yet fun. Here are some ideas for Valentines Day gifts for the "Man of the Year".
Twelve creative Halloween costumes that no one else will be wearing to the party. Trick or Treat in style, for less!
Are you or your children interested in playing soccer? This is a compilation of the basic rules for playing the game. Great for anyone of any age!