New Job Wishes and Sayings: What to Write in a New Job Card
What to Write in a New Job Card
Figuring out what to write in a card congratulating someone on a new job can be a job in itself. The following examples and tips will help you make easy work of your task.
When you hear that someone is getting hired for a new job, you might have mixed emotions. You may feel nostalgic, proud, excited, and/or perhaps even a little jealous. These feelings are what you will want to convey in your card, no matter what the card already has written in it. If you're losing a co-worker, let that person know why you'll miss him or her. Also send a warm congratulations sentiment.
The following new job wishes are general enough to be used as-is. You can also add some personal details and edit them to fit the specific situation.
New Job Congratulations Wishes
These are general messages to inspire, congratulate, or amuse the new employee:
- I must be dreaming, because you just got a dream job!
- You deserve the best! I am excited to see you get a great job.
- Considering the amount of time that you put into a job, getting a new job is like starting a new life. I’m wishing you a great new life at work.
- When you’re in the right job, it doesn't even feel like work. Congratulations on getting your new job, and I’m hoping that it never feels like a chore.
- Finally you have a position that fits your high level of skill, expertise, and talent. Congratulations to you and to your employer!
- Sometimes the phrase "the grass is always greener on the other side of the fence" applies to a person's current work situation. I’m hoping that you are able to keep an attitude of gratitude that will keep your new job greener than any other grass you see.
- Some people just seem like the natural choice for a promotion. Congratulations on your higher level of responsibility and higher pay grade. You are a natural at your work and make it seem easy.
- Promotions usually mean less actual physical work but way more responsibility. Good thing you are a very responsible person. I know you’ll do great. Congratulations on your promotion.
- Even though I know your new job is probably going to be a challenge. I want to wish you the best, because I can’t think of anyone else who could do the job better.
- Getting a new job is like finding a treasure chest that you can get a little money out of every day. You get a huge amount, it just takes time.
- To be unemployed is to be crippled in society. Congratulations on your healing.
- Starting a new job can be exciting and a little nerve-racking at the same time. I’ll be praying for peace and confidence for you as you learn everything you need to know to be successful in your new work.
- As you start your new job, keep in mind that there are good and bad things about any career. I’m wishing you a lot more good things in your new job, though. Congratulations!
- A job can give a person a sense of stability and purpose. Congratulations on the new stability and purpose in your life.
- God did not create all jobs equally. People like you get lucky. Congratulations on your new job.
- Finally, all your hard work filling out applications, updating your resume, and going to interviews has paid off. Congratulations on your new position, and I’m looking forward to hearing about what you’ll be doing.
- I want to extend my best wishes to you in your new position. Let me know if I can be of any help to you as you get started.
Congratulations for a Promotion
Sometimes a new job doesn't mean leaving the company. The best kind of new job comes when you get a promotion. Here are some examples of what to write for the new big cheese:
- I love it when the right person, one who really deserves it, gets a promotion!
- I knew it was only a matter of time before your talent, skill, and hard work became recognized.
- You might get to be the boss at work, but just remember that outside of work I'm still the boss of you.
- Others may focus on how much more money you'll be making when you get your promotion. I'd like you to tell me about how much more responsibility and stress you'll have.
- Have you grown a little, or are you just moving up a little in the world?
- You are proof to everyone that it doesn't take a little hard work to do great things. It takes a lot of hard work! Congratulations on being one of the top dogs.
- Okay, whose butt did you kiss? Or maybe it is easier to tell me who's butt you haven't kissed.
- If feeling proud of you was a real job, then I'd deserve a promotion, too.
- No one could have expected it to take so long for your dedication and sacrifices to pay off, but it's good to see it all work out in the end.
- Since you have been promoted, which means you'll be making more money, you'll have to get me something extra nice for my birthday this year.
- It sounds like someone at your company is making some good decisions. Congratulations on having a smart hiring manager!
What's Tough about Writing the Message?
What's the Toughest Thing about Writing in a New Job Congratulations Card?See results without voting
More Congratulations Messages
- Congratulations Messages: Wishes to Write in a Card
Say congratulations for every occasion: new baby, graduation, new house, retirement, or wedding. Congratulate your friend with one of these thoughtful wishes, phrases, and messages.
More by this Author
Use these thank you card messages to help you with wording for your card. Expressing your gratitude and saying thanks can be difficult. Edit these to fit your situation.
Words have the power to tear down or build people up. Use these words of encouragement to help someone who needs a little inspiration. These are encouraging quotes.
Sympathy card messages can be difficult to write. These are many examples of sympathy messages for a loss. Use these to help you comfort and encourage a grieving person.
No comments yet.