12 New Year's Resolutions You Should Probably Avoid
Avoiding Bad New Year's Resolutions
We are now coming close to the end of 2011. For many, we are hoping the New Year will bring a fresh start. Some folks are hoping to lose weight. Others are hoping to get a new job. People like myself are hoping this is the year Publisher's Clearing House finally shows up at the front door with that check.
While all of these ideas make great New Year's Resolutions, they are fairly standard resolutions. Many people will try to take their resolutions to a whole new level this coming year for 2012, but there is a such thing as a bad New Year's Resolution. Some people just have to take it too far.
So if you are piecing together your New Year's Resolution right now, but you don't want to aim for something ridiculous, I am here to help you out. I don't want to see you set your sights too high or write some ridiculous resolutions. Let's take some time to check out a list of New Year's Resolutions you should probably just avoid. How about 12 bad resolutions for 2012!
Examples of Terrible New Year's Resolutions:
- I want to show up for work late as much as humanly possible. Each day I will show up later than the day before and see how far I can take it.
- This year I am hoping to commit more crimes. Of course, that is when I manage to bail myself out of jail.
- I am going to try to anger my boss to the point that I finally get fired. Fingers crossed that I can collect unemployment!
- I need to acquire better skills with my gun. Hoping to double the amount of animals I kill from my own front yard.
- This year I would like to gain around 100 pounds. The more the merrier. If I can also raise my blood pressure, even better!
- I would like to get on the show Hoarders this year. Apparently, I don't have enough stuff to make the cut yet. I am hoping to achieve my goal by getting more stuff from junk yards and thrift stores.
- I want to train a guinea pig to say, "Row!" just like on the GEICO commercials.
- I am planning on completing my rocket ship project this year. I will be visiting Mars in no time.
- This year, I plan on going further into to debt. It would be a major bonus if I cried myself to sleep every night. I want to intensely fear looking at all my credit card bills.
- I am hoping to contract some new disease no one has every heard of before this year. I have always been a trend setter and I would like to take that in a whole new direction.
- I am going to get my own reality show this year. I am going to combine several ideas into one program. I want a show about cupcakes baked by people from New Jersey who are teen moms. I am hoping to befriend a Kardashian just to increase my chances for getting this show on the air.
- I will watch more TV, sleep more, work less at work, and ignore my loved ones more this year. I've been far too ambitious and kind for too long.
GEICO Guinea Pig Commercial - Extended Version
Happy New Year!
More Fun Hubs!
- How to Make the Best New Year's Resolutions
Follow my simple rules to creating the best (and easiest) New Year's Resolutions.
- I've Been Jingled at the Office!
Learn how to jingle your co-workers!
- How to Get Rid of Unwanted Holiday Houseguests
Relatives overstaying their welcome? Let me help you get rid of them!
- How to Be a Hit at the Ugly Sweater Party
Get your ugly on at the Ugly Sweater Party!
More by this Author
Valentine's Day is on its way and there are plenty of single people out there. Why just ignore the day when you can find pathetic ways to spend it alone? Time to wallow in your own self-pity!
Don't bother with sappy love songs on Valentine's Day. Instead, we can talk about the best anti-love songs.
Hamsters are well known for being escape artists. If your pet hamster does escape, here are some tips for finding your missing pet.