November Bizarre Holidays and Famous Birthdays
November Bizarre Holidays
- Vinegar Day
- All Soul's Day
- Plan Your Epitaph Day
- Deviled Egg Day
- Cliche' Day
- Housewife's Day
- National Chicken Lady Day
- King Tut Day
- General Election Day (first Tuesday of the month)
- Gunpowder Day
- Saxophone Day
- National Young Reader's Day
- National Men Make Dinner Day
- Bittersweet Chocolate with Almonds Day
- Cook Something Bold and Pungent Day
- Dunce Day
- Chaos Never Dies Day
- Berlin Wall Opened Anniversary
- Forget-Me-Not Day
- USMC Day
- Veteran's Day
- People's Voice Day
- Chicken Soup for the Soul Day
- Arches National Park Day
- National Indian Pudding Day
- World Kindness Day
- Operating Room Nurse Day
- World Orphan's Day
- Clean Your Refrigerator Day
- I Love To Write Day
- Have a Party With Your Bear Day
- Button Day
- Take a Hike Day
- Homemade Bread Day
- Occult Day
- Great American Smokeout Day
- Have a Bad Day Day
- Family Volunteer Day
- Universal Children's Day
- National Adoption Day
- World Hello Day
- False Confessions Day
- Go For A Ride Day
- Start Your Own Country Day
- National Cashew Day
- Eat a Cranberry Day
- Use Even If Seal Is Broken Day
- Celebrate Your Own Unique Talent Day
- Thanksgiving Day
- National Parfait Day
- Black Friday
- You're Welcome Day
- Pins and Needles Day
- National Day Of Listening Day
- Make Your Own Head Day
- Buy Nothing Day
- Electronics Greetings Day
- Square Dance Day
- Stay at Home Because You're Well Day
- Computer Security Day
November Famous Birthdays
- Lyle Lovett - country singer
- Jenny McCarthy - actress
- Daniel Boone - frontiersman
- James K. Polk - 11th US President
- Roseann Barr - comedian
- Charles Bronson - actor
- Walter Cronkite - TV journalist
- Yani - composer
- Tatum O'Neal - actress
- Art Garfunkel - musician
- Sally Field - actress
- Ethan Hawke - actor
- Dana Plato - actress
- Al Hirt - jazz musician
- Esther Rolle - actress
- Patti Page - singer
- Sean Combs - rapper (Puff Daddy)
- Nick Lachey - musician
- Sinbad - comedian/actor
- Claude Rains - actor
- Leonardo DiCaprio - actor
- Kurt Vonnegut, Jr. - novelist
- Anne Hathaway - actress
- Elizabeth Cady Stanton - leader of women's suffrage
- Whoppi Goldberg - actress/comedian
- Robert Louis Stevenson - writer
- Claude Monet - painter
- Mamie Eisenhower - First Lady
Sam Waterston - actor
Petula Clark - singer
- Elizabeth Drew - Journalist
- Burgess Meredith - actor
- Rock Hudson - actor
- Danny DeVito - actor
- Owen Wison - actor
- Alan Shepard - astronaut
- James A. Garfield - 20th US President
- Tommy Dorsey - bandleader
- Gene Tierney - actress
- Robert F. Kennedy - presidential candidate
- Goldie Hawn - actress/comedian
- William Beaumont - actor
- Rodney Dangerfield - acotr/comedian
- Billie Jean King - tennis player
- Franklin Pierce - 14th US President
- Billy the Kid - outlaw
- Zachery Taylor - 12th US President
- Scott Joplin - musician
- John F. Kennedy Jr. - J. F. K.'s son
- Christina Applegate - actress
- Charles Schulz - creator of "Peanuts"
- Rich Little - comedian
- Caroline Kennedy - J. F. K.'s daughter
- Jaleel White - actor
- Anna Nicole Smith - model
- Judd Nelson - actor
- Howie Mandel - comedian/actor/game show host
- Louisa May Alcott - writer
- Mandy Patinkin - actor/singer
- Clay Aiken - singer
November poems, sayings and quotes
Fallen leaves lying on the grass in the November sun bring more happiness than the daffodils. - Cyril Connolly
"How silently they tumble down
And come to rest upon the ground
To lay a carpet, rich and rare,
Beneath the trees without a care,
Content to sleep, their work well done,
Colors gleaming in the sun.
At other times, they wildly fly
Until they nearly reach the sky.
Twisting, turning through the air
Till all the trees stand stark and bare.
Exhausted, drop to earth below
To wait, like children, for the snow."
- Elsie N. Brady, Leaves
Winter is an etching, spring a watercolor, summer an oil painting and autumn a mosiac of them all. - Stanley Horowitz
"Over the river and through the woods
Trot fast my dapple gray.
Spring over the ground
Like a hunting hound
On this Thanksgiving Day, Hey!
Over the river and through the woods
Now Grandmother's face I spy.
Hurrah for the fun,
Is the pudding done?
Hurrah for the pumpkin pie."
- English folksong, It's Raining, It's Pouring
In the garden, Autumn is, indeed the crowning glory of the year, bringing us the fruition of months of thought and care and toil. And at no season, safe perhaps in Daffodil time, do we get such superb colour as from August to November. - Rose J. Kingsley
"No warmth, no cheerfulness, no healthful ease,
No comfortable feel in any member -
No shade, no shine, no butterflies, no bees,
No fruits, no flowers, no leaves, no birds -
- Thomas Hood, No!
Delicious autumn! My very own soul is wedded to it, and if I were a bird I would fly about the earth seeking the successive autumns. - George Elliot
"November's sky is chill and drear,
November's leaf is red and sear."
- Sir Walter Scott
Autumn burned brightly, a running flame through the mountains, a torch flung to the trees. - Faith Baldwin
- The Daily Joke For November
News stories don't come any weirder than these. For November, instead of a joke for each day I decided to post some of the best Offbeat News articles. I hope these keep you laughing.
- National Holidays in November: The Food Holidays
Do you enjoy cooking and baking? Celebrate some of the bizarre, unique November food holidays this year. Choose from desserts, other baking options, nuts, and much more.
- Guy Fawkes: Remember, Remember the Fifth of November...
The 5th November is known as Guy Fawkes Night or Bonfire Night in the UK. Read on to find out who Guy Fawkes was and what he did to gain a day to himself.
- National What Day: Some holidays in October and Nove...
What day is today? National What day? Every day throughout the entire calendar year has its own special celebration....from Mothers Day to Vegetarian Day and a whole host of others in between. This hub just looks at some of those celebrations in Octo
- LEST WE FORGET: Armistice Day, 11th November: Rememb...
Thoughts on wars past & present, learning from the past, changing the future and the importance of education and communication.
More by this Author
December, the wonderful month of snow, ice skating, Christmas, and all things good.
St. Patrick's Day is a wonderful time of the year. It's the holiday when green beer is available and it's acceptable to see leprechauns.
Different styles look better on some than others. We all want to look good, that's a given. To look your best, you need to dress for your body type.