Romantic Dinner For Two At Home On Valentine's Day
Valentine’s Day dinners have become a traditional feast at my house. We used to always go out to a restaurant but found that after having our children it was easier to stay home, and we saved quite a bit of money.
All three boys are grown men now yet we still enjoy staying in on Valentine's Day to enjoy a romantic candlelit dinner in the comfort of our home.
Valentine's Day Dinner at Home
I remember the first Valentine’s Day dinner I planned at home. My husband was a little shocked when he asked me where I would like to go for dinner, and my reply was that I wanted to stay home.
We enjoyed this so much that we now plan the meal together, and go shopping together for what we want to have for our special dinner .It has become a tradition with us.
How To Plan A Romantic Dinner For 2 Around Children
- Feed the children first, and have your dinner later in the evening when the children are in bed.
- Decide what room you are going to have your dinner in and tell the children that Mommy and Daddy are celebrating Valentine’s Day. Make sure you say that you want to be alone, and to please not interrupt them. (One year this did not work out well at all for us with our youngest)
- Set up a table in your bedroom and lock the door.
- Ask a single relative or friend that is free that night to baby-sit at their house. Offer them a nice reward.
- Rent movies for the children and have them stay in the living or family room.
Reasons you may want to stay home this year for Valentine's Day
- Restaurants are crowded and the wait times are insane
- Dinning at home costs less
- Drinking and driving is a no no
- Save on a babysitter
- Dress as you so choose
- Planning a menu can be quite fun together
- You can pick the music of your choice
- You don't have to go out into the cold after a nice meal
- Less chance of food poisoning
- You can kick your shoes off
- Eat with your hands if you so choose
My Favorite Menu For Valentine's Day
Surf and Turf
- Start our with some h'ouerves or a nice brucetta
- Bottle of Red or White Wine
- Salad, lobster tails or crab legs, scampi or scallops, pan fried garlic shrimp and steak
- Steamed asparagus with a dollop of butter
- Cheesecake for dessert
Menu Ideas For Valentines Day
- Romantic Valentine's Day Ideas: Have An Indoor Romantic Moment Valentine Picnic
- Valentine's Day Menu Ideas
Valentines Day menu ideas that anyone can do, plus tips for the best Valentine's Day dinner ever.
I realize that not everyone likes to cook. Your favorite take out restaurant is a quick call away. You can still have a romantic dinner with candles, wine, music and take out food. Set the mood, relax and enjoy each other.
Happy Valentine's Day
- Perfect Valentine's Day Gifts for Everyone!
Perfect gifts for your lover, spouse and kids - even if you are broke!
- Valentine's Day Romantic Gift Idea
Romantic gift ideas for any time of the year.
- 10 Cheap, Romantic Valentine's Day Ideas
Valentine's Day doesn't have to be expensive, but it can still be romantic. Here are ten cheap, romantic ideas to make your Valentine's Day special.
- Famous People That Have Valentine's Day Birthdays
Jack Benny, Jimmy Hoffa, Florence Henderson, Meg Tilly, Michael Bloomberg and more all share this romantic day of their birth on Valentines Day.
- Valentine's Day Poem Written In Haiku Style
Haiku is a Japanese poem that has a simple message. Usually three sentences that must have five syllables in the first line, seven syllables in the second line, and five syllables in the third line.
More by this Author
When was Frosty first written and how did he come about?
FlavorStone Cookware is on my wishlist.
A step by step recipe with pictures for making a one pot meal that includes; cabbage, carrots, potatoes and onions.