Romantic Valentine's Day Gestures & Ideas: It's The Thought That Counts
Make your Valentine's Day one to remember, and say "I Love You" from deep within the heart. Buying a red rose is always a nice gesture, but it doesn't end there. Most people are expecting something from their loved one, and quite naturally, this will come in the form of a rose. But how would your lover and admirer feel if you went one step further this Valentine's Day?
Here's a list of romantic gestures you can do to enhance the mood and increase the romance this Valentine's Day:
- Share your love: Make your partner realise how much you really do love them. Compliment them, tell them "I love you" multiple times throughout the evening, and continue to do this for the rest of the night until you each go to bed. If you don't live with your partner, make sure you have a deep and meaningful conversation with them, reflecting on the past and how far you've both come together. Love is the greatest gift, and to know you're loved, is the greatest gift of all.
- Buy a gift: Typically you would be expected to buy long-stemmed red roses so make sure you get your hands on at least one of these with a small teddy bear. If your partner prefers expensive taste, buy a small piece of jewelry such as a necklace or earrings to go with it. If you can get your hands on a bouquet or arrangement of flowers, even better.
- Take the day off: Go out somewhere special, relax in a park and enjoy the beautiful weather. If it's snowing or cold out, go to a lovely cafe and have a luxurious warm drink and sweets including hot chocolate, truffles, melted chocolate or any other treats that you know your lover will fancy.
- Cover the bed with red rose petals: Regardless of the colour of your quilt covers, this will turn out beautifully. If you don't have access to or can afford roses, try buying red dried rose petals from your local store. These can be bought in packets and may sometimes contain artificial fragrances. If you're still unable to, any flowers with enough or large enough petals should be sufficient, provided there's enough colour and it doesn't look messy or dirty.
- Light some scented candles around the house: Make sure the candles have a romantic and sweet, sensual scent about them. Before your partner gets home, or while they're in another room, light up some candles around the house. The most important areas would be the bathroom, main dining area and bedroom. Be sure to do this once it's evening and the sun has almost set.
- Fine dining: Go out to a premium restaurant, one which will amaze your partner. Make sure you try to make a reservation before hand. If most of your restaurant ideas are all booked out, then prepare a nice meal at home or prepare a take-away meal at home with the romantic experience.
- Prepare a nice meal: If you've got some cooking talent, prepare a nice meal as a surprise for your lover. If you're not very talented in the kitchen, buy some take-away food (such as Chinese food) and prepare it on the dining table in a romantic and elegant fashion. This will give you the beautiful atmosphere of romantic dining without the added costs of going out into a crowded restaurant.
- Alcohol (Wine): Prepare two bottles of wine for your partner. One red and one white. Make sure your white whine has been chilled in the fridge or freezer before hand so you won't have to panic on the night. Ensure you have the appropriate wine glasses for just the two of you with candles and rose petals on the table.
- Luxurious dessert: Prepare a luxurious dessert for the end of your meal. If you're planning to prepare an ice-cream based desert, make sure you get a premium flavour or brand that you don't have every day of the year. Include a range of mixed fruits and berries to show you've put in the love and effort.
- Prepare a bath with rose pettles, candles and bubbles: Again, if you don't have rose petals, any other large flower petals with bright colours will work. Ensure you have sweet scented candles lit bright enough within the bathroom so you won't need any other lights. Add some bubble bath before hand to make the experience silly, fun and romantic.
- Spray a sweet perfume or cologne in the bedroom: If your scented candles don't produce the smell you're after, spray a sweet perfume or cologne around the bedroom. Choose one of your partner's favourites scents to enhance their pheromones and tingle their senses.
- Romantic music: Play some soft, romantic music during your dining experience. Nothing too dramatic or loud. Try a soft melody or orchestral strings to create the calmness and romance in the atmosphere.
It's understandable if you don't have time to prepare all these gestures, so if nothing else, make sure your lover knows that you're there and loves you very much. Don't do the ordinary things you would do most nights together such as watching the television, working on your website or playing computer games. Spend the evening with the person you love the most in the world and do whatever you can to make them know how and understand much you really do love and mean to them.
More by this Author
Great tips for hosting a house party, bachelor party, engagement party, house warming party - any kind of party. Make sure you plan ahead and have fun. Make sure there's more than just lots of food and alcohol. Include...
Planning your next holiday? Choose the right holiday destination. Check foreign currency rates. Do you want a tour guide? Book accomodation in advance. Research your travel destination. Use a travel guide.
How do you like your meat to be cooked? Rare, medium, well done, a little in between? The art of cooking red meat can have an impact on both flavour and health. Experiment and you will see