Safeguarding Your Children During The Halloween Holiday Trick Or Treat Activity
The fall season is upon us now, and I love this time of the year. The leaves on trees are changing colors, temperatures dropping, from the stagnant heat of summer, to cooler fall type weather. As the month of October slowly approaches, most parents deal with the fact, that most children enjoy the Trick or Treat event, during the Halloween holiday.
Since I don't have any children, I still thought it would be pertinent to write about some safety tips you can do to ensure your children safety during Halloween trick or treat day. I always seem to hear news during that Halloween holiday, where kids, are injured by drivers, poisoned in some cases by eating tainted candy, food, etc during that day.
There are a lot of evil people in the world, and sometimes, those people, will be brazen enough to harm, maybe even abduct your child if the opportunity presents itself. So, here are some tips to safeguard your child or children during the Halloween holiday, listed below.
- Accompany your child during trick or trip activities, verifying that you have already identified, which houses or homes your child will visit with you. Any child under the age of eighteen should not be allowed to venture off on their own during this holiday, or ever for that matter.
- Know your neighbors, first and foremost, when you venture out to those homes for Trick or Treat
- Do Not allow your child to attend any Halloween parties unsupervised, if he are she is underage
- Do not allow your child to venture off with other underage children or people you do not know
- Instruct your child before leaving your home, that he or she must follow your instructions, to the letter, no wandering off, or approaching a stranger, no matter what that person offers, no exceptions, without you being totally aware of it.
- Verify that your child, if wearing a costume, is not wearing something, that impedes their ability to move, or their vision.
- ·If walking, take a flashlight and maybe a little light stick with you to ward off wandering stray animals, such as dogs, etc, if necessary.
- Never allow your child to stray away from you, and do not allow yourself to become distracted by anything or anybody, that will deter you from watching and safeguarding your child.
- Ensure that your child is wearing visible colors, no dark colors, should be worn at night time.
- Do not jaywalk across busy intersections of streets or roads if encountered, cross at proper crossing zones.
- Once you arrive home after the excursion, inspect all of your child's candy, fruit, food, etc that was obtain from the Trick or Treat adventure.
- Do not allow your child to consume all of the candy, store some away for later
- All in all, please be safe during this upcoming Halloween holiday
Safeguarding your child or children should always be your highest priority during anytime. So, just be proactive, when it comes to planning your child's Trick or Treat excursion, and be safe during the Halloween holiday, as well.
More by this Author
In today's society people are going to have babies. Frankly, I believe that a woman should have an abortion, ONLY where she was raped, or the pregnancy threatens the mothers life, or the baby is deformed or the baby...
The cell phone has virtually replaced the home phone. You see people out in public using their cell phones everywhere. Cell phones have almost become that indispensable item that we can not live without in our society...
There was a book I once read when I worked for a huge corporation; it was entitled, “Thriving on Chaos.” Basically, it was a book about the nonsense or political games that people and management played in...
No comments yet.