Santa North Pole Trivia
Santa North Pole
North Pole Gifts
Drama at the North Pole
Facts (and Not Quite Facts) About Santa's North Pole Home
- The North Pole is defined as the point in the northern hemisphere where the Earth's axis of rotation meets the Earth's surface.
Santa's North Pole is defined as the place where Santa Claus lives and where his toy factory run by elves is located.
- In the winter, temperatures at the North Pole can range from about -45 to -15 degrees Fahrenheit (-43 to -26 degrees Celsius). In the summer, the temperature averages a "balmy" 32 degrees Fahrenheit (0 degrees Celsius).
Now you know why Santa is ALWAYS wearing that heavy, fur-lined suit.
- There is no time zone at the North Pole.
That's why Santa Claus can travel around the entire world in a single night, untethered by the normal constraints of time.
- The sun rises only once and sets once every YEAR at the North Pole.
See? No time restraints. But that does make for one VERY long day and one VERY long night.
- Unlike the South Pole, the North Pole has no permanent buildings because it lies in the middle of the Arctic Ocean surrounded by water that is almost permanently covered with sea ice that is always shifting.
This applies only to visible buildings. Like the bell in The Polar Express that could only be heard by those who believe, Santa's Village is only visible to those with the wonder of a child.
- Animals that have been observed around the North Pole include the ringed seal and Arctic foxes, as well as birds such as the Snow Bunting, Black-legged Kittiwake and Northern Fulmar.
Animals that have not been observed include Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Donner and Blitzen. And Rudolph, too, of course. Like Santa's Village, they can only be seen by those who believe.
- No country owns the North Pole or the regions of the Arctic Ocean around it.
Therefore, Santa is not subject to the laws of any country and doesn't have to pay income tax.
- At the North Pole, all directions point south.
Only one direction?! Men would love it here. They'd never have to worry about getting lost and asking for help with directions. Mrs. Claus must love it.
- There are three places to get North Pole postmarks.
And none of them are home to Santa and his reindeer, but they'll look great on the Santa letters for your kids!!
- How to Catch Santa at Home
Learn how to catch Santa Claus when he visits your house this year.
- North Pole Postmark and Other Christmas Postmarks - Christmas Letter Tips.com | Christmas Letter Tip
Find out how to get a North Pole postmark on your Santa letter or Christmas letter at Christmas Letter Tips.com.
- Free North Pole Newsletter | Printable Santa Letters.com
Create personalized letters from Santa Claus at Printable Santa Letters.com. Choose from 10 letters and 10 background designs and then personalize, preview and print your letter in just minutes, or add a Nice List Certificate for extra fun!
- Add a Fun Santa Postage Stamp to Your Holiday Mail
Make your Christmas cards or letters a little jollier or make your kids Santa letters more convincing with Santa postage stamps.
Visit with Santa, Mrs. Claus and the Elves at the North Pole.
- Santa Letter Templates.com
Create professional-quality printable Santa letters for kids and Nice List certificates at home and save money! Santa letter templates can be used again and again, so you'll never need to pay for another letter from Santa Claus.
- Official NORAD Santa Tracker
Follow Santa as he makes his magical journey!
More by this Author
This list of 5 free Santa printables includes free letters from Santa Claus, postcards, a Nice List behavior guide, a wish list template and a printable Christmas card.
Santa Claus is a fun character for children during the holidays, but the emphasis on Santa and gifts can district from the real "reason for the season." If you're looking for a way to let your kids enjoy the...
Many people would like to write a love letter to someone special, but don't know quite how to start. How should you begin a love letter? There's really no right way. There are many phrases you can use to get get...