Short Break Holidays in Italy-Ten Things to do in Venice
Venice Grand Canal
Italy Holiday breaks
Whether it is a short break or a long break ,anybody travelling to Italy must explore the uniquely quaint streets and waterways of Venice, the most romantic of Italy's cities.
Once you see the tall multi -coloured buildings an d the many Gondola's weaving along the choppy waters it is easy to see how Leanardo de Vinci became enthralled with the city of Venice.
As always with Italy there is always the excellent food and architecure, but Venice is also a relaxing and magical break for the traveller.
Ten Must Do Things in Italy
- Take time out to browse the Rialto Market, where even if you don't buy any of the magnificent produce on offer ,you will certainly enjoy the bartering between the locals and the traders.
- If you want to arrive in style at your destination. then take a water taxi from the airport and admire the stunning Rialto Bridge and the beautiful Renaissance buildings.
- Try out the local taverns and dine out on real bacari food (tapas style snacks).
- Splash out and take to the waterways for a romantic gondola ride.Expect to pay a little extra to be serenaded.
5. Make sure you bring home a stunning Venetian Mask, the city's very own unique souvenir.
6. Sample a delicious traditional gelato (Italian ice-cream).You will find a vast range of exotic and unusual flavours at the the local gelaterias.
7. Enjoy your cappacinino from many of the splendid cafe's in St Mark's Square,and take in some people watching whilst you admire the city's fine architecture.
8. Hop onto one of Venice's many waterbuses and visit the quaint and sleepy outer islands of Murano and Burano, where you can gaze at the brightly coloured houses that line the canal.
9. Don't be afraid to walk off and explore the backstreets of Venice where you will find even more superb architectural buildings and excellent bridges.
10.Take another ride on a waterbus, the number 1 will take you the whole length of the Grand Canal and visiting many of the beautiful piers.
Venice can become very crowded in the summer a months, but still has a lot to offer in the winter months,when the crowds are not at thier lowest,
Don't be afraid to make a short visit in February or March where the streets will become a little more crowded when the many masked parades and carnivals are held.
More by this Author
Alex Higgins was a snooker legend. To his fans he will always be remembered as the peoples champion. Her are a few things the world of snooker have said about Alex Higgins.
Here are many great snooker quotes from the great players.Champions Steve Davis Ronnie O'Sullivan and Alex Higgins.
A little pale in the face, but then his name is White. From the mouth of Ted Lowe, one of snookers greatest commentators Read theTop Twenty Best Snooker Quotes- The Commentators.