Free St Patrick's Day Crafts, Coloring Pages and Trivia
One day a year on St Patrick's Day, we can all pretend to be from the Emerald Isle. All it takes is a little green and you're an honorary Irish citizen for the day.
To help you celebrate this fun day, we have St Patrick's Day crafts, trivia, and a video of the Chicago River being dyed green in honor of the holiday! Make sure to scroll down to the bottom of the page to see all the fun stuff.
Children's Coloring Pages
Just download and print these coloring pages that can also be used as decorations. Try letting your children embellish them with glitter glue, paint, rhinestones or dimensional foam stickers for special decorations you can use every year.
St. Patrick's Day Coloring Page SamplesClick thumbnail to view full-size
St. Patrick's Day Place Card Instructions
St. Patrick's Day Placecards
Having a St Patrick's Day celebration? Use these easy-to-make 3D place cards and your guests will think you're the best host or hostess in town.
1. Download either the Word document or PDF above.
2. Print as many place cards as you need (there are six to a sheet) on plain cardstock.
3. Use a paper-cutter, a craft knife and ruler, or scissors to cut between the place cards. (The dotted orange lines will guide you where to cut.)
4. Place the card stock on a cutting board and insert the knife point where the hat meets the blue dotted line. Cut around the top of the hat and the top of the clover, being careful not to cross over the dotted blue line.
5. Once the cards are cut, fold along the dotted blue line. This should make the hat stand up.
6. Write the name of a guest on each place card. If you have a green pen, that would be even better!
St. Patrick's Day Trivia
- St. Patrick was captured by pirates at 16, and when he escaped, he went to France and became a monk.
- St. Patrick died on March 17, 461 A.D., which is why we celebrate on that day.
- Shamrock clovers flower around March, which might be why the shamrock is associated with this holiday.
- George Washington authorized the first St. Patrick's Day celebration, which took place in Morristown, New Jersey in 1780.
- According to legend, Patrick drove the snakes out of Ireland. That's story is supposedly untrue -- but there are still no snakes in the Emerald Isle!
A Bit of Fun: See the Chicago River Dyed Green
Other WordPlay St. Patrick's Day Hubs
- Free Vintage St. Patricks Day Greeting Cards: Pretty Women
- Free Vintage Greeting Cards for St. Patricks Day: Cute Kids
- Free Vintage St. Patrick's Day Irish Lads Postcards
- Free Vintage Ireland Postcards
- Free St. Patrick's Day Clip Art
- Free Vintage St. Patricks Day Clip Art
- St Patrick's Day Crafts and Trivia
- Free Vintage Irish and American Flags Art
- Free St. Patrick's Day Scrapbook Paper
More by this Author
These colorful free printable birthday cupcake toppers come in two shapes and can easily be printed and made at home.
These free printable St. Patrick's Day party invitation templates feature shamrocks, four-leaf clovers, lots of green and even a happy cartoon leprechaun.
The free vintage flowers in this large collection come from an assortment of eras and are in various styles and formats, including clip art; greeting cards; and antique seed packets, catalog covers and ads.