Stocking Stuffer Ideas for Kids That Won't Break The Bank
Ideas to consider when choosing what to stuff in stocking
- The first thing you need to consider when picking out stocking stuffers is the child's interest. What is their favorite sport, character, animal, food, candy or animal?
- All children have a hobby of one kind or another. For boys it could be a sport, maybe they collect baseball cards or would like a new baseball. Actions figures are also a favorite among boys and girls. For many children a beanie baby that they don't have is a winner.
- Always try to include an item that helps them learn. A book is always a good choice - one that relates to a favorite hobby or cartoon character. A comic book usually brings a smile to the face. Also a magic trick is the perfect little gift to expand their imagination.
- Something sweet is always welcome. Find a favorite candy or treat and include it as one of your stuffers. Or find a funky looking new candy for them to try. Kids love trying new candies in interesting shapes, flavors and colors.
- Gag gifts are also fun. Snowman poop or Santas coal are great standbys.
- Start a new tradition. Include a personalized, dated ornament that they can save for their own tree when they leave home.
Where to look for ideas
Walk through a drug store, a grocery store, a department store or a dollar store and you will find many stocking stuffers that will cost you less than you will believe. I'll take you through an imaginary store and give you ideas for many of the aisles.
- Candy aisle ~This aisle is self explanatory. At Christmas time the candy manufacturers pull out all of the stops. They have candy and treats in every size, shape, color, and flavor. All you have to do is reach out and pick one up. But, wait a minute, they also have higher prices. Shop carefully. This is where the dollar stores come in, they carry some very nice selections at a much lower price. Shop there first for the candy and then visit the other stores.
- stationary aisle ~This is a wonderful aisle to use to shop for stocking stuffers. There are an incredible amounts of interesting items to use to help fill up a stocking. For example: erasers (decorative or regular), pencils of all kinds, pens, mechanical pencils, crayons, markers, scissors, rulers, staplers, decorative notepads, post-it notes is bright colors and fun shapes, stickers of all kinds, calculators, paints, journals, diaries, and more. The sky's the limit.
- craft aisle ~ There are a lot of little things you can pick up in this aisle for instance: little beads kits, wooden letter that your child can personalize and hand on her wall, craft books, embroidery floss to use to make friendship bracelets, or plastic lacing to make friendship bracelets, ceramic ornaments and paint, pompoms, pipe cleaners, and felt, just to name a few.
- magazine/book aisle ~ In this aisle you will find a plethora of things. Magazines that reflect their interest, crossword puzzle books, word search books, coloring books, activities books, comic books, and books of all sizes, shapes, levels and interests.
- bath/cosmetic aisle ~ This is a wonderful aisle to shop in. From here you can choose a hair product you child has been wanting or a personal care product. Brushes, a funky comb, barrettes, bows, decorative hair pins, headbands, hair clips, toothpaste, a funky toothbrush, a special scent of deodorant, shampoo, cream rinse, mousse, hair cement, and so many more items.
- toy aisle ~ I believe everyone knows just how rich the plunder is here. For boys : model cars, action figures, little bits and pieces of items that go with things they have at home, and many more thing. For girls, little outfits for their dolls, action figures, play clothes and high heels, and many more items.
The whole idea of stocking stuffers is to buy small inexpensive items. You can do this with a little creativity and a lot of imagination. Shop around you will find the deals, if you shop early you will save even more.
Stocking Stuffers for boys
- How to Crochet a Christmas Stocking. Free Crochet Pa...
If you're here, than I'm hoping it's because you were in search of an oh so cute crochet pattern for a Christmas Stocking. In that case I hope you enjoy the pattern I have shared here. You can also get a printer friendly copy here if you'd like to...
- How to Decorate for Christmas on a Budget
Get a festive, holiday decor with out going into debt or dipping into savings. Ideas for Beautiful and easy decorations for the Christmas and winter holidays.
- Fun Stocking Stuffer Ideas
As I was playing around online, doing a little shopping for Christmas, I found a lot of strange, fun and wonderful stocking stuffer ideas. In my family, the stockings are almost as important as the presents...
- More Great Gifts for Guys - Super Stocking Stuffers
christmas gifts for dad, stocking stuffers, personalized gifts for men, There are so many great choices available for great gift ideas for dads and super stocking stuffers for every guy on your gift list from great golf accessories to personalized gi
- More Great Gifts For Women - Super Stocking Stuffers
There are some incredible gifts out there for us, and I can tell you just where to find them - those perfect, unique christmas gift ideas for Mom, for your girlfriend, your sister - for any lady on your shopping list. Super stocking stuffers.
- 10 Small, Cheap Kitchen Gadgets that Make Great Stoc...
Kitchen gadgets are some of the best little gifts that you can buy for the holidays. They are affordable. They are small enough to work as stocking stuffers (although they can also be wrapped up and given as a...
- Stocking Stuffer Ideas
Stumped on stocking stuffers?Use these ideas to find the perfect stocking gifts and have the coolest stockings.
More by this Author
St. Patrick's Day is a wonderful time of the year. It's the holiday when green beer is available and it's acceptable to see leprechauns.
Snowmen are one the favorite symbols of winter. They are cute and cuddly looking. Imagine your loved one's surprise when you present them with a plate of homemade snowman cookies.
Remember that special aunt or uncle that always showed how much they cared? Now you can show them how much you care by sending them a loving quote.