Summer Special Recipes For Entire Family
Mint and Fresh Lime Juice with Ginger
- 1 lemon
- 4 tsps sugar
- 3-4 mint leaves
- A small piece of ginger
- Pinch of rock salt
- 1 glass of water
- Soak the sugar in some water for 5 minutes (helps dissolve the sugar fast.)
- Squeeze out the juice of the whole lemon (remove the seeds)
- Blend sugar, lemon Juice, pinch of rock salt, mint leaves and water.
- While serving, float a thin ¼ inch of ginger for flavor and 1 mint leaf.
- Serve with lots of ice. (It works Wonders against dehydration.)
Chilled Cucumber Soup
- 1 kg cucumber
- 1 cup yoghurt
- ½ cup milk
- 6-8 mint leaves
- ½ tsp sugar
- 4 drops Tabasco sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tsp powdered sugar
- Cut the cucumber from the top end and remove the bitter part by rubbing the tip with a sliced piece.
- Peel and cut the cucumber into big pieces and boil in 3 cups of water.
- Add ½ tsp of sugar to retain the green color of the cucumber.
- Bring the cucumber to room temperature. Add the mint leaves; blend / strain and put in the freezer to chill for 10 minutes.
- Strain 1 cup of yoghurt and mix it with the chilled cucumber mix. (If the cucumber mixture is not cool enough, the yoghurt will curdle).
- Add ½ cup of cold milk.
- Put 4 drops of Tabasco sauce, 1 tsp powdered sugar, salt and pepper.
- While serving, put small pieces of cucumber, capsicum, green onions and bread croutons in each cup.
- Take it in a chiller.
Chapatti Rolls With Paneer Fillings
Ingredients for Chapatti/Warp:
- 1 cup wheat flour
- ½ cup malda
- 2 tbsps yoghurt
- 1 tsp ghee
- Pinch of salt
Prepare dough by mixing wheat flour, malda, ghee, yoghurt and salt with some water. Keep it aside for 15 minutes.
Ingredients for paneer filling:
- 1 cup paneer cubes
- ½ cup yoghurt
- 1 cup cut tomato. Capsicum and onions
- ½ tsp besan
- ½ tsp ginger paste
- 1 green chilli
- 4 tsps kasuri methi
- Slices/rings of one big onion
- ½ tsp haldi
- 1 tsp mirichi
- ¼ tsp garam masala
- Salt to taste
- 1 tbsp oil
- 2 tsp vinegar
- Cut paneer into small pieces (half an inch)
- Cut tomatoes, capsicum and onions of the same size.
- Lightly sauté the onions in a kadhal with oil and add simla mirch.
- Remove the water from the yoghurt; mix ½ tsp of besan and strain.
- Mix ginger, garlic and green chilli paste into the strained yoghurt.
- Add 4 tsps of kasuri methi.
- Mix ½ tsp of haldi powder, red chilli powder for taste, ¼ tsp of garam masala and 1 tsp of salt in the yoghurt.
- Mix the paneer in the prepared yoghurt.
- Add the sauted onions, capsicum and cut tomatoes.
- Marinates for 20 – 30 minutes.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a kadhal and pour in the marinated mixture.
- Cook in high flame for about 5 minutes just to heat the vegetables.
To make a wrap:
- Roll the dough to about 6 inches in size.
- Put it on the Pan (Tava) like chapatti using some oil and cook both sides.
- Cut onion rings. Put it in vinegar and set aside.
- On the chatty, spread the onion rings and paneer masala and make a roll.
- Wrap it in aluminum foll.
- 4-5 tomatoes
- 1 onion
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp vinegar
- ½ tsp chilli powder
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Salt to taste
- Boil the tomatoes in a cooker for one whistle.
- Remove the skin and cut into pieces.
- Heat olive oil in a kadha; and fry onins. (cut into very small pieces) till brown.
- Add brown sugar, vinegar, red chilli powder and salt to taste.
- To assemble the warp
- Spread the salsa sauce in a chapatti.
- Put the filling.
- Make a roll and pack it in the foll.
- Put a string of red thread of a red bind to differentiate the rajma roll from the panner roll.
Melon and watermelon balls
For the sweet lovers! Scoop balls of melon and watermelon. Serve with honey and slivered almonds.
- 2 cups sprouts
- 1 cup of cut boiled potatoes
- 2 cups (cut cumber, tomato and onions)
- Coriander leaves
- Black salt, salt and lemon juice
- Mix everything! It is advisable to add salt just before serving. Add bhujia, if you like for a crunchy effects.
More by this Author
Cutting curly hair is tricky business
What is a get together without a few drinks to amp up the atmosphere? Some easy to make mock tails recipes to whip up for your next party
Love your body and make fashion work for you. Accentuate the good and hide the flaws with fashion fixes that create the right illusions. Get comfortable in your own skin.