The TV Buff’s Thanksgiving Trivia Quiz
Television is just chock full of celebration programing for Thanksgiving, especially in the way of specials and holiday episodes of our favorite shows. The following quiz will test your knowledge of some famous TV specials and popular Thanksgiving episodes American audiences have come to love over the years. To participate get out pen/pencil and paper and read each question. From the possible answers for each question choose one and write it down. There are 20 questions in all. After the quiz questions you will find the answers where you can tally up your score. Good luck and have fun!
1. A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving first aired November 20, 1973. What network did it appear on?
2. In the made-for-television Thanksgiving movie, National Lampoon’s Family Reunion, who played the lead role of Dr. Mitch Snider?
a. Judge Reinhold
b. Chevy Chase
c. Dennis Quaid
d. Randy Quaid
3. In a highly popular episode of WKRP In Cincinnati called “Turkeys Away”, radio station owner Arthur Carlson arranged for turkeys to be dropped from a helicopter as a Thanksgiving promotion. After realizing his mistake Carlson was horrified by his decision. What famous words spoken by the character has been rated by fans and critics alike as one of the funniest lines ever delivered on television?
a. “So, that’s why they call them giblets.”
b. "As God is my witness, I thought turkeys could fly!”
c. “It’ll cost a fortune to clean the feathers off.”
d. “We’ll just call it rotary roast fowl for charity.”
4. In an episode of King of the Hill entitled “Happy Hank’s Giving”, the Hill family and friends are stranded at an airport over the holiday. Why were they stranded?
a. a tornado threat
b. the airport pilots have come down with food poisoning
c. a snowstorm
d. Dale Gribble gets trapped in an airport locker and the key can’t be found
5. In a Thanksgiving themed episode of Quantum Leap Sam leaps back into the body of his 16-year old self. What special event does he get to attempt all over again?
a. lead his school basketball team to a win
b. try out for the school hockey team
c. Getting it on with Miss Shelby, the gorgeous biology teacher
d. getting it on with Madge Gnaw, the horribly disfigured cafeteria worker with the drooling problem
6. In the Thanksgiving episode of Night Court titled "Harry and the Madam", Bull takes issue with Mac’s family for what?
a. Not inviting him to Thanksgiving dinner
b. Not celebrating Thanksgiving
c. Fattening a turkey in preparation of Thanksgiving
d. Fattening a puppy in preparation of Thanksgiving
7. In The Simpson’s Thanksgiving episode of season 7, Homer opens his own bar. The episode also featured what popular band appearing as themselves?
a. The Backstreet Boys
d. The Rolling Stones
8. “A History Channel Thanksgiving” was an episode that parodied the movie Thor and the TV show, Ancient Aliens. What show is this episode from?
b. South Park
c. Family Guy
d. Mike Huckabee
9. In the “Ties that Bind” Thanksgiving episode of The Wonder Years what catastrophe befalls the family and forces Jack to ask for a raise?
a. the stove won’t work
b. the old refrigerator stops working
c. Karen gets hit in the nose by a football and needs emergency plastic surgery
d. The Dread Pirate Roberts kidnaps Karen and demands a ransom to keep her from being returned home
10. In the made-for-TV movie, A Walton Thanksgiving Reunion (1993) Elizabeth returns from Europe to do what?
a. to open Walton Mountain’s first fashion shop
b. to open Walton Mountain’s first escort service
c. to reunite with her old beau, Drew
d. to vanquish her arch-nemesis Laura Ingalls
11. In the animated special, Garfield’s Thanksgiving (1989), Jon’s grandmother tells Garfield to do what for her?
a. get off the whoopee cushion
b. eat a piece of pie
c. clean her dentures
d. rake her pantyhose
12. In the 1968 animated TV special, The Mouse on the Mayflower who performed the voice of main character, Willum the Mouse?
a. Tennessee Ernie Ford
b. Johnny Cash
c. William Shatner
d. Richard Nixon
13. In the 1964 Thanksgiving episode of The Munsters Herman is worried he can’t go to his army reunion because of what?
a. He was investigated by the F.B.I.
b. He lied about his age
c. He can no longer fit into his uniform
d. His old sergeant had a crush on him
14. In a November 21, 1978 Thanksgiving episode of Happy Days Marion tells her family what?
a. About her allergy to margarine
b. The story of the first Thanksgiving
c. How she and Howard first met
d. Of the threesome she had with Al and Arnold
15. In the Cheers’ episode, Thanksgiving Orphans, Frasier warns Woody that what is a horribly distorted view of reality?
a. Woody’s belief that Thanksgiving means something
b. Cliff’s adamant belief in the Great Sweet Potato
c. Rudolf the Red-nosed- Reindeer
d. That Sam is a male
16. In the animated special, A Winnie Pooh Thanksgiving, Rabbit gets angry at his friends about what?
a. They used all his carrots for the feast
b. They didn’t bring the right food for the feast
c. Their drunken brawling woke his wife
d. They roasted Owl
17. In the 1986 Thanksgiving episode of The A-Team General Stockwell orders the team to do what?
a. to save a beautiful Native American woman from a band of Neo-Pilgrim terrorists
b. to help reunite a criminal with his daughter
c. to help reunite a criminal with his dying son
d. to stop wasting ammo by actually hitting a target during a shoot out.
18. In the 1996 Thanksgiving episode of Married With Children we find out that in Al Bundy’s family it was traditional to do what on the holiday?
a. to have a serving of Aunt Maddie’s sweet potato pie
b. to enjoy a glass of Uncle Joe’s homemade squash moonshine
c. to go hunting with Cousin Marty
d. to exchange wives for a week with your next door neighbor
19. In the November 22, 1998 Thanksgiving episode of That 70’s Show Red Foreman is reluctant to do what?
a. invite his mother over for dinner
b. let his son, Eric, drive the family car
c. take a job offer from Bob
d. trust Al and Arnold not to have a threesome with his Mother
20. Adam Sandler sang the song, “The Thanksgiving Song” during a holiday episode of Saturday Night Live. In that song what line follows the lyrics: “fifty million Elvis fans..” ?
a. “can’t be wrong.”
b. “use knives and sporks.”
c. “visit Graceland every year.”
d. “think of him when they eat pecan pie.”
Scroll on down to find the answers
1. c. CBS
2. a. Judge Reinhold
3. b. "As God is my witness, I thought turkeys could fly!”
4.c. a snowstorm
5. a. lead his school basketball team to a win
6. c. Fattening a turkey in preparation of Thanksgiving
7. c. R.E.M.
8. b. South Park
9. a. the stove won’t work
10. c. to reunite with her old beau, Drew
11. b. eat a piece of pie
12. a. Tennessee Ernie Ford
13. c. He can no longer fit into his uniform
14. b. The story of the first Thanksgiving
15. c. Rudolf the Red-nosed- Reindeer
16. b. They didn’t bring the right food for the feast
17. b. to help reunite a criminal with his daughter
18. a. to have a serving of Aunt Maddie’s sweet potato pie
19. c. take a job offer from Bob
20. a. “can’t be wrong.”
More by this Author
A New Years trivia quiz to test your knowledge of the history and facts surrounding New Year and New Year's Eve.
If you are an adult and live in the U.S. you have probably noticed that around Thanksgiving we tend to say things that we'd otherwise be a little more shy about uttering. For those who haven't noticed, this hub is...
A migraine sufferer's recommended list of over-the-counter migraine relief medications